Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 06:47 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,158,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Acceptable for me? They used arms against US Soldiers and Marines? Death penalty applies. No, I don't care what age they are. No. I don't care what the reasons for us being there is.

They conspired with others to kill US Soldiers and Marines? Lock em up until the issue has been resolved. 2 yrs to 20 yrs. Not my concern and again, NO, I don't care about them.

I CARE about the United States men and women who are fighting for this country (leave the illegal war out of it, it isn't part of the equation). I'll do whatever is necessary, including torture, to keep OUR men/women safe.

THEY are the enemy and should be treated as such. A 12 yr old can pull the trigger of an AK, just as fast as I can.
Thank you for those demented sentiments. It's helpful for future reference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2012, 06:51 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
If they picked up a gun and fired it....................and lets be real. By being detained, they get three hots and a cot. Not bad living when they are scratching for their next meal.

Old 12-09-2012, 06:55 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
is the OP advocating that they NOT be detained?

it would seem so.

Old 12-09-2012, 06:57 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,958,896 times
Quote:
Acceptable for me? They used arms against US Soldiers and Marines? Death penalty applies. No, I don't care what age they are. No. I don't care what the reasons for us being there is.

They conspired with others to kill US Soldiers and Marines? Lock em up until the issue has been resolved. 2 yrs to 20 yrs. Not my concern and again, NO, I don't care about them.

I CARE about the United States men and women who are fighting for this country (leave the illegal war out of it, it isn't part of the equation). I'll do whatever is necessary, including torture, to keep OUR men/women safe.

THEY are the enemy and should be treated as such. A 12 yr old can pull the trigger of an AK, just as fast as I can.

Exactly! We learned years ago that a 12 year old can kill you just as dead as a 21 year old. Lock their a$$es up.

Old 12-09-2012, 07:36 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,277,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post

it would seem so.
Not only be detained, he is advocating for them to be some sort of "freedom fighters" and should be given awards and accolades. Our military? Who cares. Damn to be them.

He is typical left wing, limp wristed liberal who is trying to "save the world." I'm all for saving the world: US personnel first.

Old 12-09-2012, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post

it would seem so.
I'm advocating that the US not be an invasive, occupying force. American teenagers, if they weren't too busy consuming double cheeseburgers, would respond similarly if some other nation occupied the US.

And you would have no problem with such acts of "terrorism."

Intellectual honesty. It's the most difficult thing in this life to master.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:45 PM

Quote:
He is typical left wing, limp wristed liberal who is trying to "save the world." I'm all for saving the world: US personnel first.
Yeah, because nothing is tougher than killing children. Who in the heck are you kidding, you internet Rambo? I've met guys like you in person. Talk about the antithesis of "toughness."

Old 12-09-2012, 08:54 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,466,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
I don't know when some of you are going to come around to realize that this president is not a progressive, but you need to figure it out soon. This is repugnant. It's a measure of how stupid the conservative base has become that it can be sold a bill of goods that this man is some sort of left-winger. Where are the rest of you on the left speaking out against this garbage?

Afghanistan Teenagers Detained By U.S. Military
When you make speeches on a state senate floor supporting partial birth abortion you are probably some sort of a left winger. When you say that sharing the wealth is good for everyon you are probably some sort of a left winger. When you appoint union sympathizers to the labor relations board you are probably some sort of a left winger. When you appoint a supreme court justice who is on record as admitting her race will influence her judicial decisions you are probably some sort of a left winger. When you remove work requirements from welfare you are probably some sort of a left winger. When your justice department sues a state for trying to limit illegal immigration you are probably some sort of a left winger. When your administration gives tens of millions of taxpayer dollars to companies despite being told they will fail simply because they produce green technology you are probably some sort of a left winger. When you assume a black man being arrested outside his own home is probably misconduct on the part of the police before you have any information you are probably some sort of a left winger.

Speaking as a conservative, I say don't try to put Obama in our camp. We don't support his actions or his policies.

Old 12-09-2012, 09:16 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Just one more reason for us to get out of Afghanistan ASAP. There is nothing and no one there worth the life of an American serviceman or woman. Let them go back to slaughtering each other and going all lalalalala to their mythical skydaddy.

Old 12-09-2012, 10:03 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
I'm advocating that the US not be an invasive, occupying force. American teenagers, if they weren't too busy consuming double cheeseburgers, would respond similarly if some other nation occupied the US.

And you would have no problem with such acts of "terrorism."

Intellectual honesty. It's the most difficult thing in this life to master.
What are you babbling about? I never mentioned a word about terrorism. Nor did you, until this post.

Good luck on your quest for intellectual honesty, but it looks like you still have a very long way to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies