Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2012, 07:34 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,383,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanonGrace View Post
Hitting myself on the side of the head over here, and lacking the emoticom to go with it!

I came to this thread, naively, hoping to get a better education. What I got instead was a real life demonstration of why peace is still a long ways from happening. This thread has degenerated into a "tit for tat" which is pretty much why this crap keeps on happening. Where is the spirit of open dialogue?

No, look, lest I be lumped with the anti-semites, I support Israel and it's right to defend itself and I can see, quite clearly, they are not the provocateurs. However, they do have this issue with the "occupied" regions---and they do face a choice to make between being a Jewish state or not, and absorbing the West Bank etc and perhaps then they will have a model to offer to Gaza.

Similarly, Hamas is a terrorist group--period, end of story--and the Arabs have a long history of terrorism started well before WW2. For anyone who thinks the state of Israel was a land grab, you may want to go back and read your history books of Palestine, pre- 1947, back when the sheiks etc routinely murdered Jews in their own neighborhoods in bloody raids. The cycle of violence and retribution is ongoing and you will all be able to find reasons why one group or the other is entitled to kill back.

Regardless of who did what, unless mindsets change, this region is going to drag the world into WW3, something my ten year old son quietly observed last night listening to the news.

These are complicated issues......

People think the US should not get involved, right? Well, here is the reality--the Muslim Brotherhood is a cancer that is spreading all over the face of the Middle East. Israel, on the other hand, has brought modernization and prosperity to the area, which is exactly how they've keep the West Bank appeased. I was talking to a Palestinian the last time I was in Israel and that is what he implied. Destroying Israel is not an option the US or the International Community ought to tolerate and I really believe the extremist views of Islamic radicals mimic some of the extreme views of Nazis etc. I wish I could see myself clear to a Palestinian state, something that could perhaps alleviate things?

Very sad about all this and quite worried.

I
Can you say "Zionist?"

But I'm sure you'd give up your house and home to the Israelis if you were living in Gaza. After all, what's a home anyway, right?

Peace.
brian
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You don't get it: I DO NOT CARE WHAT YOU BELIEVE.

If you want to smer God, then knock yourself out.
Maybe you should start caring, Finn. Because lack of care about other people is why we have things like imperialism.

Peace.
brian

Old 11-16-2012, 07:37 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,797,352 times
Quote:
You can deny God and the Bible all day long, and spin things to make God look bad: I don't care. It is between you and God. You DO NOT have to believe what the Bible says. It is your choise.

Again, you are off topic, and in the wrong forum. There is an atheist forum for people like you.
Why don't you take God over to the religion forum? Talk about being off topic. This is not the Bible study forum.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:39 AM

396 posts, read 710,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Can you say "Zionist?"

But I'm sure you'd give up your house and home to the Israelis if you were living in Gaza. After all, what's a home anyway, right?

Peace.
brian
No, I would not, but thanks for demonstrating why my instinct to delete my thread was a sound one. There is no use to talking to people who think they know better what is in other's hearts.

Would you be surprised to find out I am not Jewish? I only learned what the term "zionist" even was recently but you go ahead and assign motives to me just for stating my opinion. It's a perfect demonstration of why our world is going to hell in a hand basket. No one listens, no one seeks to understand the other side. The minute you hears words that don't coincide with your, you feel free to attack the other person's character or motives or imply you know best why my position may not align with yours.

What a closed minded way to go through life.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:40 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,782,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Maybe you should start caring, Finn. Because lack of care about other people is why we have things like imperialism.
You keep talking about "your God (mine, not yours)", and paint Him as a monster, so obviously we do not believe in the same God, you slander my God, and you twist my words, you lie about what I have said, so you made it to a point where I simply do not care what you think or say. As a matter of fact, this is my final post to you. Go twist someone else's words. Try KUCHIEF, or WJWET

Old 11-16-2012, 07:42 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,245,330 times
Quote:
Do you think the Palestinians would be firing missiles from Gaza if Israel still had a military presence there? Please explain how that would be possible.

Again, I am sorry if the mention of historical facts offend you, but it just shows how you hide your head in the sand, as opposed to looking at the big picture. The world was not created in 2009.

The US pushing Israel to pull out of Gaza proves one thing: the Palestinians will not reward such action with peace, but with more violence.
Yep it's bushes fault . Sorry to think the president and current government has anything to do with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanonGrace View Post
No, I would not, but thanks for demonstrating why my instinct to delete my thread was a sound one. There is no use to talking to people who think they know better what is in other's hearts.

Would you be surprised to find out I am not Jewish? I only learned what the term "zionist" even was recently but you go ahead and assign motives to me just for stating my opinion. It's a perfect demonstration of why our world is going to hell in a hand basket. No one listens, no one seeks to understand the other side. The minute you hears words that don't coincide with your, you feel free to attack the other person's character or motives or imply you know best why my position may not align with yours.

What a closed minded way to go through life.
Just basing my observations on your last post. That's all. (You don't have to be Jewish to be Zionist. Just ask the Christian Zionists. There's lots of them in the US.)

Peace.
brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Why don't you take God over to the religion forum? Talk about being off topic. This is not the Bible study forum.
"ahiherway" made this about God (or against God, rather). I already told him to take it to the atheist forum, and I won't be replying to him anymore.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:43 AM

2,042 posts, read 2,911,657 times
I wrote this on another thread, but it's applicable:
Imagine...
In 2030, native Americans, backed by the support of China (the new superpower), take back their sacred lands...the USA. It was theirs for thousands of years, so the Chinese decide that they should have it back. Subsequently, non-native Americans are hoarded into undesirable sectors of the country and treated as second-class citizens, with no consideration for their property and belongings. Not only that, but the natives encroach on what little land the non-natives are given by building new housing, which is only for natives. The rounded-up non-natives strike out in response, through frustration, anger, and desperation.
My question: In this scenario, would you blame the dispossessed? Imagine this is your home the natives take back.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Yep it's bushes fault . Sorry to think the president and current government has nothing to do with it
Do you have anything to bring to the table? Anything at all? What do you think about the US policy of pushing Israel out of Gaza? Don't you think it makes it easier for Palestinians set up rocket launchers in the middle of the street and start firing now that Israeli troops have been driven out? How is it current admins fault that Palestinians are firing rockets in to Israel? How?

Explain!!

Don't be lame and just say "it's all Obama's fault". It's embarrassing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies