Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 10:07 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,673,111 times

Advertisements

Hamas says 'Israel has declared war' ... So the two sides were at peace before this happened?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 11:00 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,544,430 times
Is Hamas surprised? It only took over ten years of Palestinians suicide bombing or firing rockets into Israel.

Old 11-14-2012, 11:03 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,881,956 times
Yeah, this whole thing has the makings to become the regional conflict we've all been waiting for. Turkey, Palestine, Lebanon, Syria, Israel, and next, Iran.

I can't help but to wonder if this is exactly what Israel wants, a conflict to bait Iran, then to justify taking out their nuclear reactors. I wouldn't be surprised if Israel is fabricating some of these "Syrian mortar attacks" so as to rev up the tension and bait Iran in. Might be a good way to finally justify the attack they've been waiting for.

Operation Northwoods, anyone?

Old 11-14-2012, 11:06 AM

5,035 posts, read 9,228,857 times
Apparently Hamas thinks it's okay to keep firing rockets into Israel, as long as Israel doesn't fight back.

Israel Bombarded by Rockets, Human Rights Watch Nowhere in Sight

"In the 48 hours from November 10-12, towns in southern Israel have been bombarded by over 160 rockets from Palestinian terrorists in the Gaza Strip, who have sent over a million Israelis running for bomb shelters. That is more than three rockets an hour."

Gaza Attacks on IDF Soldiers and Israeli Civilians

"124 rockets have struck Israel since Nov. 10.

The following is a recap of major events since Nov. 10. (Note: Not every rocket attack from Gaza is listed in this timeline.)

Tuesday, November 13:

4:30 PM: A rocket fired from Gaza hits the Hof Ashkelon Regional Council.

6:00 AM: A rocket fired from Gaza hits southern Israel.

(More at link above.)

Old 11-14-2012, 11:21 AM

5,035 posts, read 9,228,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
Yeah, this whole thing has the makings to become the regional conflict we've all been waiting for. Turkey, Palestine, Lebanon, Syria, Israel, and next, Iran.

I can't help but to wonder if this is exactly what Israel wants, a conflict to bait Iran, then to justify taking out their nuclear reactors. I wouldn't be surprised if Israel is fabricating some of these "Syrian mortar attacks" so as to rev up the tension and bait Iran in. Might be a good way to finally justify the attack they've been waiting for.

Operation Northwoods, anyone?
I think you may be confusing two fronts which are attacking Israel. Israel is being hit on it's southern side by Hamas in Gaza, which is what the OP is about. They are ALSO being attacked over the Syrian border, into the Golan Heights.

"Israel's army said it had fired on and hit a Syrian military vehicle on Monday after a Syrian mortar shell landed in the Golan Heights—the first time in four decades the Jewish state struck a Syrian target from the strategic plateau and the first time Israel has been drawn militarily into its neighbor's war.

The exchange raised the specter that the Golan Heights, a staging ground of three regional Arab-Israeli wars in 25 years, could again become a volatile border zone." [Source]

You think Israel wants to have wars on two fronts AND deal with Iran?

Old 11-14-2012, 11:23 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,786,417 times
Two reasons: Nettie is up for re-election and several Arab countries have been visiting Palestine looking to invest/set up businesses in Palestine. Apparently Nettie doesn't like that possibility.

Old 11-14-2012, 11:24 AM

691 posts, read 771,785 times
Time to see if Barack is really Israel's "friend". The US is bound by treaty to have their back.

Old 11-14-2012, 11:30 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
Apparently Hamas thinks it's okay to keep firing rockets into Israel, as long as Israel doesn't fight back.

Israel Bombarded by Rockets, Human Rights Watch Nowhere in Sight

"In the 48 hours from November 10-12, towns in southern Israel have been bombarded by over 160 rockets from Palestinian terrorists in the Gaza Strip, who have sent over a million Israelis running for bomb shelters. That is more than three rockets an hour."

Gaza Attacks on IDF Soldiers and Israeli Civilians

"124 rockets have struck Israel since Nov. 10.

The following is a recap of major events since Nov. 10. (Note: Not every rocket attack from Gaza is listed in this timeline.)

Tuesday, November 13:

4:30 PM: A rocket fired from Gaza hits the Hof Ashkelon Regional Council.

6:00 AM: A rocket fired from Gaza hits southern Israel.

(More at link above.)
Actually show facts...and you're met with crickets...

The bigotted anti-semites on this board are out in force.

Old 11-14-2012, 11:31 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,591,255 times
It's amazing to me how Israel was able to get Hamas to fire rockets at them so they could justify shooting back. What a smart scheme. I wonder how they got Hamas to go along with it.

Old 11-14-2012, 11:59 AM

4,729 posts, read 4,368,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
It's amazing to me how Israel was able to get Hamas to fire rockets at them so they could justify shooting back. What a smart scheme. I wonder how they got Hamas to go along with it.
Yep, Hamas fires rockets into Israel by the thousands, and guess whose fault it is??? Those evil jooooos.

Rggr, your IP address has been reported to the secret service. I would suggest you look out your window for a van with dark windows in the next few days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies