Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 09:52 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,523,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
obama exists... god doesn't... and obama was viewed as the better of two choices by a majority.. that's all..
so lets not make this more than it is or compare apples to oranges

there is no evidence to support the existence of god.. period.. there just isn't. as much as it would be lovely to have a guiding god to support humanity through it's struggles.. it's virtually 100 percent unlikely

Are you saying Obama is better than God? Your sentence structure is bad.

[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

Old 11-13-2012, 09:57 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,921,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Are you saying Obama is better than God? Your sentence structure is bad.

[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
I have no sentence structure.. I'm sipping wine and watching tv while listening to music and posting on CD forum...
if you can't come up with a response to my response.. by all means attack my grammar and sentence structure.. that's always the high road isn't it?
I never said obama is greater than god.. I said obama is a person, something that is tangible that exists.. god is not, and does not.. is that saying I substitute obama where you would put god? absolutely not.. he's a simple human being like the rest of us.. that is all

Old 11-13-2012, 09:58 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,018,098 times
Quote:
That's wrong. Catholics are against ARTIFICIAL birth control.

This article disputes that.

Republican stance on birth control driving women voters to Obama | Other voices - The News Tribune

Old 11-13-2012, 09:58 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,261,491 times
Quote:
That's wrong. Catholics are against ARTIFICIAL birth control.
Thanks for clearing that up. Its easy to believe lies and propaganda when spread by the media. Much of what people believe about Evangelicals is just that.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I've read news reports in past years of evangelical groups trying to stop sex ed in high schools and specifically stop giving info on BC to students; the evangelical spin is that teaching "kids" about BC will make them want to go have sex, and we all know how awful sex is.

Whether or not we're "teetering on the edge" is debatable, but what is not debatable is that the GOP is AWOL on this topic while they're out pandering to every single-issue voting bloc the GOP can round up and herd into an electoral majority.
So Mike tells us how "handing out BC in school" will make students NOT want to go and have sex.

PS----and they do hand it out.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Obama's made up "war on women" drove women voters to Obama. It happens each election year----scare the "helpless" women.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:05 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
True. But it shouldn't be that way, and in 1966 the vatican almost embraced contraception.

Here are excerpts of how that went down, and how a few of the vatican old guard killed progress:

Excerpt: Then, in 1966, Paul VI's birth control commission presented its preliminary report to the pope. It held big news: The body had overwhelmingly voted to recommend lifting the prohibition on contraceptives. (The former Archbishop of Brussels, Cardinal Leo Suenens, went so far as to say the church needed to confront reality and avoid another "Galileo case.")

It took just 3 old farts in the vatican to scare the pope enough that he did not "confront reality" and instead stick with the voodoo that denied "approval" to use contraception. Latest stats are that 98% of catholics do use contraception and have no intention of stopping.

Catholic hospitals hand out all sorts of pills and medical products, but can't hand out BC pills and condoms. IMO that's utter lunacy and that's the utter lunacy that the GOP mouthed this season and lost their ass, like total moron Akin and his "legitimate rape" rape crap, and when it comes to today's GOP, it would sure be nice if I could just "shut that whole thing down."
Aside from the idiocy of believing that anyone has the right to control another's body, life and decisions, is the idiocy of responsibiity that that idiocy would proliferate. I wonder if someone will be assigned to each pregnant woman to follow her around to make certain that she was not doing anything to hurt the fetus. Will she get a fine for missing an appointment with her obstetrician? Will she be incarcerated for eating junk food while pregnant? That whole thing about being forced to carry to term the child conceived during rape is mind boggling!!! Only someone with zero empathy, almost a sociopath, could imagine a woman being forced by law to do that. So much for religious types and their benevolence.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Not even close to accurate. What should scare all women at the mere mention of Santorum in any political capacity is his belief that states have the right to ban birth control altogether.
What should scare women is that sentence. Geesh. Hogwash.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Aside from the idiocy of believing that anyone has the right to control another's body, life and decisions, is the idiocy of responsibiity that that idiocy would proliferate. I wonder if someone will be assigned to each pregnant woman to follow her around to make certain that she was not doing anything to hurt the fetus. Will she get a fine for missing an appointment with her obstetrician? Will she be incarcerated for eating junk food while pregnant? That whole thing about being forced to carry to term the child conceived during rape is mind boggling!!! Only someone with zero empathy, almost a sociopath, could imagine a woman being forced by law to do that. So much for religious types and their benevolence.
Why is that idiocy when chopping up a baby in utero is ok and fine and dandy?

Old 11-13-2012, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
So you be satisfied in believing that you have successfully analyzed a man that actually lived the Evangleical belief system and made the conscious decision to leave it behind. What gives you the credentials? He has since come to understand that many people are born homosexuals, that climate change exists, etc, so I don't see how anyone can preceive this person as angry, but rather open-minded and embracing what the world around him tells him makes more sense. You are closed minded, so don't project your limited sphere of thinking on others.

This thread is not to argue religion, but rather to expose how the religious are being exploited for money and power by the special interests. Dogmatic religious people do tend to be far more gullible than most. These special interest power and money hungry entities are having a negative affect on how the government and religion are melding in a way never intended.

There is no proof people are born homosexual----you are just taking that on faith. OMG there is that word again---faith.

Of course climate change exists---it always has or don't you see the seasons changing?

Talk about gullible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies