Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 09:12 AM

2,677 posts, read 2,616,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
It's not the 1600's any more. People have sex just for fun, not just to make babies. You really do need to catch up to the times.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:16 AM

4,254 posts, read 5,604,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Today, churches spend their money on ministries to both believers and non-believers. Where do you think the money comes from, if not from members who write their checks for these ministries. It goes to maintenance of food pantries, distribution of holiday dinner baskets, winter coats and boots, school clothes for kids, heat for the elderly. I've seen church members pitch in and pay for a new roof for a widow's house, donate their labor to clean up streets and inner city lots, and volunteer in schools (public schools, mind you).
Indeed. Christians are deeply involved in helping the poor in their communities. And many of the top charities in the United States are specifically Christian organizations. Salvation Army is #2, Catholic Charities is #3, etc. For anyone to say otherwise is just willful blindness.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:18 AM

4,254 posts, read 5,604,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
It's not the 1600's any more. People have sex just for fun, not just to make babies. You really do need to catch up to the times.
People were having casual, recreational sex in the 1600s too. It was wrong then and it's wrong today.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:37 AM

1,058 posts, read 1,159,511 times
Quote:
People were having casual, recreational sex in the 1600s too. It was wrong then and it's wrong today.
It all started with the devil's teeth i.e. zippers on the fronts of trousers.

Last edited by Captain Obvious; 11-16-2012 at 10:18 AM..

Old 11-16-2012, 09:37 AM

Quote:
No, it's not. It's actually quite fun. Perhaps you should try it sometime, you might find that you like it.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:15 AM

259 posts, read 365,982 times
The pattern to self distruction of America is evident to some and as for the others they are the others. Society is in a hysterical downspin precipitated by the left's insistance on late stage abortions, same sex marriage and an unrecognized spirit of arrogance and the downplaying of anything God unlike anytime in history. For the record not "all" of the left fall in this category as many of my democratic friends perceive themselves not needing church and view themselves as being nice and fluffy in their "I'am a good person persona"( not getting that not nurturing their kids could bring Gods wrath alone!! I will tell you without any doubt that God (a consumming fire) will unleash not only wrath on America but much of North America will change topographically not withstanding new shorelines ! Some of us evangelicals (a few taught by real pastors unassociated with religious colleges and who have revealed our dramatic Jewish roots) now finally opened our minds and we "get it" even me!!!!(come on!!) One aspect of Gods chilling warnings was the continuing use of Gods pawn Mr Obama a necessary ingredient in this destructive path of a nation. It is an answer to the wish of a nation to tweek good and accept evil and replace evil as good!! We are entering a irreversible rush to the forthcoming Tribualtion and it's accelerating faster than predicted. It began with an extremely mild form of warnings ie, Katrina, 9/11 financial crisis moving to fires out west to Sandy. We all are sadden by the loss of innocents ,but the innocent are collateral damage you can blame on the unrepenting ,unaware,ridiculously scriptually ignorant and passive fools that call themselves liberals or "the left" (man!) I won't enjoy the ride but feel overwhelming blessed to have at least a ringside seat to the this spiraling defiance that will eventually end in our percecutuion namely the right.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:18 AM

Please get back on your meds.

Old 11-16-2012, 02:28 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,689,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
No, it's not. It's actually quite fun. Perhaps you should try it sometime, you might find that you like it.
Just because it's "fun", it's moral??

No wonder the culture is going down the tubes.

Old 11-16-2012, 02:30 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,689,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbidave View Post
The pattern to self distruction of America is evident to some and as for the others they are the others. Society is in a hysterical downspin precipitated by the left's insistance on late stage abortions, same sex marriage and an unrecognized spirit of arrogance and the downplaying of anything God unlike anytime in history. For the record not "all" of the left fall in this category as many of my democratic friends perceive themselves not needing church and view themselves as being nice and fluffy in their "I'am a good person persona"( not getting that not nurturing their kids could bring Gods wrath alone!! I will tell you without any doubt that God (a consumming fire) will unleash not only wrath on America but much of North America will change topographically not withstanding new shorelines ! Some of us evangelicals (a few taught by real pastors unassociated with religious colleges and who have revealed our dramatic Jewish roots) now finally opened our minds and we "get it" even me!!!!(come on!!) One aspect of Gods chilling warnings was the continuing use of Gods pawn Mr Obama a necessary ingredient in this destructive path of a nation. It is an answer to the wish of a nation to tweek good and accept evil and replace evil as good!! We are entering a irreversible rush to the forthcoming Tribualtion and it's accelerating faster than predicted. It began with an extremely mild form of warnings ie, Katrina, 9/11 financial crisis moving to fires out west to Sandy. We all are sadden by the loss of innocents ,but the innocent are collateral damage you can blame on the unrepenting ,unaware,ridiculously scriptually ignorant and passive fools that call themselves liberals or "the left" (man!) I won't enjoy the ride but feel overwhelming blessed to have at least a ringside seat to the this spiraling defiance that will eventually end in our percecutuion namely the right.
Those who know, will understand your words. The rest will call you a few choice names. But, you already knew that.

Old 11-16-2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Just because it's "fun", it's moral??
Yup, so long as nobody is harmed, beyond the risk they knowingly take. (Which is to say, for example, sometimes people die while skydiving or playing football, but that's an inherent risk in the activity and doesn't make the activity immoral.)

Quote:
No wonder the culture is going down the tubes.
Says you. I disagree. I think it's improving. Much better than days gone by, when woman and coloreds knew their place and their role. (That was sarcasm, for the record.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies