Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2012, 09:03 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,779,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
We do not know the real timeline of the affair. Only what the Fed says.
I recall reading it started a few months after he became D/CIA. I'll see if I can find it. The internet is flooded with multiple news stories with up to the minute updates!!!!

ETA: This isn't the article I original read, but will continue to look:
Quote:
Petraeus, 60, told one former associate he began an affair with Broadwell, 40, a couple of months after he became CIA director in September 2011
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2012/11/13/fbi-petraeus-investigation-congress/1701847/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2012, 09:06 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,665,400 times
Default Attorney General under pressure as it emerges he knew about Petraeus affair for MONTHS... but didn't tell Obama

Okay, remind me again how all-knowing, all-caring Barack Obama didn't know about this? The Harvard graduate just went all about the country telling anything with a heartbeat that he is in control of the country and his own attorney is keeping things from him? Well it seems as if Bill Clinton has been advising the AG.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:07 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,309,239 times
Quote:
We do not know the real timeline of the affair. Only what the Fed says.
I don't know what you mean by "real" timeline but here's one from the New York Times: Petraeus affair: Timeline on Paula Broadwell and the general's physical special ops - NY Daily News

Old 11-13-2012, 09:07 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,674,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrey View Post
There are levels of clearance. She could have been cleared to sit in on one meeting and not even allowed to walk past the door of another.

There is no legal way she could be in possession of classified materials in her email on a laptop. Researching him wouldn't have gotten her clearance for classified docs other than maybe (maybe!) his actual non-blacked out record. Said record wouldn't have been in her email or been allowed out of the building though.

The USG has a pretty strict system in place regarding classified information and unclassified info. If you have a computer that has classified information on it, that computer is in fact not connected to the net or things like regular email. For her to have such info in her email? Ill-gotten.
Agreed. The term "classified" could also mean FOUO or NFPR, and the traditional confidential or secret. No one can store documents above confidential on their personal computer, or email them to a non secure domain. So it all depends on what classifications are, for any documents on her computer or stored in her email.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:08 AM

414 posts, read 344,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Okay, remind me again how all-knowing, all-caring Barack Obama didn't know about this? The Harvard graduate just went all about the country telling anything with a heartbeat that he is in control of the country and his own attorney is keeping things from him? Well it seems as if Bill Clinton has been advising the AG.
I am willing to bet Obama did know.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:09 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,849,529 times
Quote:
No access to inside info? She is the only one (or at least the first) who publicly reveals the following:

"Among other things, a video has surfaced [which you can see online] of a speech by Petraeus' paramour in which she suggested the Libya attack was targeting a secret prison at the Benghazi consulate annex, raising unverified concerns about possible security leaks."
Well, that only proves you believe what she says is true. You may want to believe it, but that doesn't mean it is actually true.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:10 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,642,888 times
Quote:
Maybe because he wasn't told about it?

The FBI has many on-going investigations. Should they inform the prez about all of them? Shouldn't they wait until they have actual information?

Besides, John Beohner (sic) supposedly knew about this in October.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:11 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,666,120 times
Sounds to me like the whole bunch is psychotic, including the General:

In the 10 years that Jill and Scott Kelley have lived in Tampa, one or both have been the subject of at least nine lawsuits "seeking payment of real estate and credit card debts," according to the Tampa Bay Times.
According to an August story in the Tampa Bay Times, Kelley's identical twin sister Natalie Khawam, a Tampa lawyer who represents whistleblowers, is embroiled in a nasty lawsuit with her former employer, whom she has accused of sexual harassment and other charges. The employer has fought back with court documents claiming Khawam has a "history of abusing the litigation process." According to a bankruptcy petition she filed this year, Khawam lives with the Kelleys in Tampa, and owes $3.2 million in unpaid debt. According to the Chicago Tribune, Khawam was also involved in a brutal custody fight with her former husband, Grayson Wolfe, a Washington, D.C.-based venture capitalist who once worked for the Coalition Provisional Authority in Iraq. The New York Post reports today that Petraeus wrote a letter in support of Khawam to the court in the case, although we have not been able to confirm this. According to the Post, the judge called Khawam a "psychologically unstable person," and awarded Wolfe sole custody of the 3-year-old child the couple.

Who Is Jill Kelley, The Second Woman In The Petraeus-Allen Sex Scandal - Business Insider

Old 11-13-2012, 09:12 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,255,037 times
I'm willing to bet, that Hillary is the next to resign....?

She is suposidly way over in some other country, discussing cyber attacks...

Old 11-13-2012, 09:13 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times
Quote:
I think the question is whether or not the president should know, and if ANYONE should know. Should this kind of thing be handled internally, and I think it should be. Apparently Eric Cantor knew, but thought it better to not run around telling everyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies