Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 07:41 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,771,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Or Bolton ... the man who hates the United Nations?
You say that like it's a bad thing.

Anyone who hates the UN gets my vote. Every time.

Old 10-21-2012, 09:24 AM

5,319 posts, read 9,032,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
That memo has been discussed and debunked ad nauseam. It contained no new information, and was not an alert to a new threat. Clinton had received that memo. It was delivered to Bush as part of his request for information about al-Qaeda, and what we already knew.
My previous link to the memo was pointing to John Bolton Wiki by mistake.

Here is the correct link to the memo: http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/...rke%20memo.pdf

From the Richard A. Clarke Jan 25, 2001 memo - page 1:

Quote:
We urgently need such a Principals level review of the Al Qida network
From the Richard A. Clarke Jan 25, 2001 memo - page 3:

Quote:
I recommend that you have a Principals discussion of Al Qida soon and address the following issues:

1. Threat Magnitude. Do the Principals agree that the Al Qida network poses a first order threat to U.S. interests in a number of regions, or is this analysis a "chicken little" overreaching ....

2. Strategy. If it is a first order issue, how should the existing strategy by modified or strengthened?
Richard A. Clarke URGENTLY requested to Rice to hold a meeting on Al Qaeda back on JAN 25, 2001 ... and what did Connie Rice do about it? Take a guess?

And RICE is the person you think should be handling our foreign policy?

RICE helped lead America into the Iraq war ... a war that nearly EVERYONE thought we should never have fought, and now considers it a HUGE mistake.

And once again ... RICE is the person you think should be handling our foreign policy?

John Bolton is just another Chicken Hawk NEOCON ... exactly like the entire Bush Administration.

It looks like the Republicans are hoping for a return back to the foreign policy days of Bush years ... which were so wonderful for the U.S. !

But truthfully ... this thread is a complete waste of time.

Hillary Clinton WILL BE Secretary of State (assuming she wants to continue another 4 years) and Barack Obama WILL BE President ... so why even bother having this discussion?

Old 10-21-2012, 09:32 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,186,195 times
What is sickening is the spectacle of war criminals and incompetents like McNamara, Kissinger, Rumsfeld, Cheney and "Condi" treated with respect and deference by media types. Sickening.

Old 10-21-2012, 09:36 AM

8,275 posts, read 12,934,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I don't have a clue. Any ideas? I know Condi is busy, but I wonder if she would re-up for the job.
It is a tangled web of corruption... as they said many years ago... follow the money.

The answer to your question comes from the money Romney made off of Delphi with the auto bailout. Im his not so blind trust through Paul Sanger he made a 100 million - Hence the reason he won't release his tax records. for 2009, and a man that works for paul Singer will be his SS.

This is one sleazy guy.,..

Greg Palast: "Mitt Romney

Old 10-21-2012, 09:43 AM

31,384 posts, read 37,301,293 times
Quote:
I don't have a clue. Any ideas? I know Condi is busy, but I wonder if she would re-up for the job.
Sybil, or someone with enough personalities to keep up with Romney's foreign policy of the day..

Old 10-21-2012, 09:48 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,642,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
I'm still waiting for Harrier to point out where in the Constitution it states that if an American citizen joins a group that is an avowed enemy of the United States, he forfeits his citizenship.

I thought you folks were sticklers for the Constitution?
Look up ""due process"

Old 10-21-2012, 09:52 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,269,937 times
Quote:
You mean his imaginary Secretary of State right?

Old 10-21-2012, 10:51 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,500,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Condi would be excellent, of course. I know she must be advising him, because she has been on the trail here in Ohio (and probably elsewhere). Whether she wants it, or he would ask, is the question.

How about John Bolton?
I would go with Bolton for two reasons. The most important would be because he understands the problems of foreign affairs so well and number two because his appointment would **** off the entire leaner world.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:56 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,500,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
What is sickening is the spectacle of war criminals and incompetents like McNamara, Kissinger, Rumsfeld, Cheney and "Condi" treated with respect and deference by media types. Sickening.
So you think that these people didn't deserve to be treated with respect by the media types but Hussein does because of his position? I think I know why you think like that, leaner.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:00 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,642,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I would go with Bolton for two reasons. The most important would be because he understands the problems of foreign affairs so well and number two because his appointment would **** off the entire leaner world.
Retreads again? Bolton is a war mongerer, but so is Romney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies