Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 04:31 AM

4,095 posts, read 5,581,494 times

Advertisements

I'm too overcome with laughter at the idea of Palin being Secretary of State should this horrific outcome to the election occur to answer this question.

Old 10-21-2012, 04:45 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,460,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Rice ... the woman who ignored her chief terrorism expert Richard A. Clarke's URGENT Jan 2001 memo to call a Principal's meeting on Al Qaeda ... nearly 8 months before 9/11?
That memo has been discussed and debunked ad nauseam. It contained no new information, and was not an alert to a new threat. Clinton had received that memo. It was delivered to Bush as part of his request for information about al-Qaeda, and what we already knew.

What you have stated above is factually incorrect.

Quote:
The woman who got us into Iraq by telling us a pack of lies? "We don't want the smoking gun to be a mushroom cloud."?
More propaganda. Even during the Clinton years, everyone believed, and there was much evidence to show that Saddam H. was actively involved in a WMD program. Further he had actually used them on his own people. We knew they existed. The world knew they existed. The question should be, where were they hidden? He had ample warning that the U.S. was going to attempt to take him out, and plenty of time to get rid of them. Did they go to Libya? Interesting question.

The point is, it was not just the Bush administration that said Saddam was building WMD's. It was a shared belief by all.

Again, you are misstating facts.

Quote:
Or Bolton ... the man who hates the United Nations? Another Neocon running foreign policy for the U.S.?

Someone who SUPPORTED the Vietnam war, but had no desire to go there himself!

John R. Bolton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And yet ... another chicken hawk.
We should get out of the United Nations. That organization serves no useful purpose. It is run by a bunch of anti-American globalists who wish to become a World Govenment. That spells the end of freedom, and U.S. sovereignty. We should kick them off our soil and withdraw from that useless body.

Since when has military service been a prerequisite to high office? Obama has not served, and Clinton did not serve. Have you served?
Quote:
Romney really knows how to pick 'em!
Shall we take a look at Obama's picks? His Marxist and Maoist czars and advisors? Either you are ignorant of the facts, or you approve of our Marxist administration.
Quote:

So ... once again ... how does Romney DIFFER from Bush ???

Old 10-21-2012, 04:59 AM

Ever hear of capitalization? The first word of a new sentence is always capitalized. It makes reading so much easier.

Old 10-21-2012, 05:01 AM

37,885 posts, read 41,346,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Condi would be excellent, of course. I know she must be advising him, because she has been on the trail here in Ohio (and probably elsewhere). Whether she wants it, or he would ask, is the question.

How about John Bolton?
That's definitely who I'd pick because it's time to clean out the State Department, not just the Obama appointees. Some of those long-time State Department employeees need to find another job. I'm not saying they should be fired, just be moved out to some other agency.

Old 10-21-2012, 05:03 AM

37,885 posts, read 41,346,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i would love to have palin there. i love her and plus she is a milf. romney would get heat for the pick though, she is so polarizing since dems hate conservative woman so passionately.
Not Palin there. She'd be a good pick to head the Department of Energy but that may be too low key for her.

Old 10-21-2012, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
As oppposed to the passionate love conservatives have for incompetents, men or women?
You mean as in the current administration, I'm sure, right? I don't think in all of American history there has been a president, and entire administration more incompetent than the current one.

Comparing the state of the economy today, as well as other factors, such as our debt, deficit, our credit rating, standing in the world; all have suffered immeasurably under the administration of Barack H. Obama.

How anyone could think this clown, this traitor, should have a second term is beyond comprehension.

Old 10-21-2012, 05:48 AM

5,035 posts, read 9,285,677 times
I'd be pleased with Condi or Bolton.

Old 10-21-2012, 06:06 AM

76,959 posts, read 48,087,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Rice and Bolton would both be excellent choices. ABC highlighted Dan Senor, Michael Hayden, and Michael Chertoff, so maybe they're in the mix.

Who’s Advising Mitt Romney on Foreign Policy? - ABC News
How is Rice good choice? Our allies can't stand her. Israel hates her.

Old 10-21-2012, 06:18 AM

76,959 posts, read 48,087,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Unlike Obama and Clinton, Condoleeza Rice doesn't have a problem with Israel or Jews.

Your mindless comments are typical of the non thinkers among us. Nothing but meaningless drivel.
She and Bush did far more harm to Israel than Obama has done, but then again, Obama hasn't actually done any harm to Israel.

She and Bush bullied Israel into pulling out of Gaza, and if you think Israel is happy about, then I'd say you know nothing about them.

Bush/Rice duo also bullied Israel into allowing palestinians to have elections, and when they did, they elected Hamas into power, and they are a terrorist organization. And then Bush/ Rice due started arming Fatah, which is another terrorist organization (a lesser one) and those arms ended up in the hands of Hamas.

We are not talking about events like Egypt uprising which was going go happen no matter what, we are talking about intentional bullying of our allies, and intentional action which directly benefitted the enemies o Israel.

These facts are not meaningless drivel. Rice was a part of the reason many of our allies lost all respect for the US during Bush admin.

And Bush/Rice duo lied I the faces if our european allies and lured them into was I iraq which was completely unnecessary.

Based on Romneys own comments he is another Bush, and if he selected Rice in his admin, he would and exact copy of him.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:33 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,181,354 times
I'm still waiting for Harrier to point out where in the Constitution it states that if an American citizen joins a group that is an avowed enemy of the United States, he forfeits his citizenship.

I thought you folks were sticklers for the Constitution?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies