Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 04:17 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,494,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
From what I can tell...the agent was in the right.

Lesson of the day? Don't try to run over a federal agent.
She didn't "try to" run over an officer. It was an accident. My best guess, based on the news articles, is that she was just driving by, he was involved in a raid and ran across the road in front of her, and she hit him. He appears to have left a dent in the windscreen but that may have been from the bullets. He bounces off, gets up with gun drawn and she panics and backs up away from him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2012, 04:33 PM

37,159 posts, read 42,306,860 times
Drawing a gun and firing over a traffic accident doesn't pass the sniff test. I don't care who you are or what you do.

Old 10-01-2012, 04:42 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,631,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
She didn't "try to" run over an officer. It was an accident. My best guess, based on the news articles, is that she was just driving by, he was involved in a raid and ran across the road in front of her, and she hit him. He appears to have left a dent in the windscreen but that may have been from the bullets. He bounces off, gets up with gun drawn and she panics and backs up away from him.
Where did you get your story from ? He was on the hood of the car as she was driving to get away and shot through the windshield to stop her.

Old 10-01-2012, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Drawing a gun and firing over a traffic accident doesn't pass the sniff test. I don't care who you are or what you do.
This is what the police are saying happened: (from OP link)

"She literally ran our agent down, the agent actually was impacted, was hit by the vehicle and carried several hundred yards on the hood before fearing for his life did discharge his weapon to get the vehicle to stop," said Border Patrol Deputy Chief Rodney Scott.

Old 10-01-2012, 04:46 PM

39,901 posts, read 26,593,901 times
If the statement "he was carried for several hundred yards" is remotely true, she ran him down and did not try to stop. No accident, attempted murder with the car. Beotch should have been shot....Darwinian selection at it's finest. Try to murder a cop and you're probably gonna get ventilated. I hope the officer makes a speedy and complete recovery.

Any chance the suspect was NOT a criminal..alien or otherwise?

Old 10-01-2012, 04:55 PM

Quote:
If the statement "he was carried for several hundred yards"
That would be at least two football field lengths.

That is the police version. She was driving like a maniac with him on the hood holding on with one hand while he pumped six bullets through the windscreen with the other.

This is from several witnesses:
Border patrol agent shoots, kills Valeria Alvarado | ksdk.com

Border patrol agents were in a Chula Vista neighborhood to serve a felony warrant on Friday.
Alvarado's family confirmed the warrant had nothing to do with her

Witnesses in the area at the time of the shooting said they saw Alvarado slowly driving in reverse as the agent opened fire on her at least six times.

"As the car was backing up the officer was in the street walking toward the car, and discharging," recalled witness Prince Watson.
"I heard it, 'Pow, pow,' and just told my family to get down," said witness Ayanna Evans.

Witnesses believe Alvarado may have accidentally struck the agent and panicked when he told her to stop and pulled out his gun.
They said the agent was in plain clothes and was not displaying a badge.
"The whole thing didn't look right," added Evans.

Old 10-01-2012, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
That would be at least two football field lengths.

That is the police version. She was driving like a maniac with him on the hood holding on with one hand while he pumped six bullets through the windscreen with the other.

This is from several witnesses:
Border patrol agent shoots, kills Valeria Alvarado | ksdk.com

Border patrol agents were in a Chula Vista neighborhood to serve a felony warrant on Friday.
Alvarado's family confirmed the warrant had nothing to do with her

Witnesses in the area at the time of the shooting said they saw Alvarado slowly driving in reverse as the agent opened fire on her at least six times.

"As the car was backing up the officer was in the street walking toward the car, and discharging," recalled witness Prince Watson.
"I heard it, 'Pow, pow,' and just told my family to get down," said witness Ayanna Evans.

Witnesses believe Alvarado may have accidentally struck the agent and panicked when he told her to stop and pulled out his gun.
They said the agent was in plain clothes and was not displaying a badge.
"The whole thing didn't look right," added Evans.
Now that is a completely different story than what the police are telling.
I hope they had cameras going in their vehicles to catch something on tape.

Old 10-01-2012, 05:09 PM

37,159 posts, read 42,306,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
This is what the police are saying happened: (from OP link)

"She literally ran our agent down, the agent actually was impacted, was hit by the vehicle and carried several hundred yards on the hood before fearing for his life did discharge his weapon to get the vehicle to stop," said Border Patrol Deputy Chief Rodney Scott.
How is killing her or shooting her going to help him out if he's hanging onto the hood of a car with one hand?(uhh...)? Why not just, I don't know, roll off the hood? Seems like shooting was a much harder maneuver to pull off (impossible even?) and could have caused a much worse situation for him since once shes incapacitate the car could go even more out of control.

Old 10-01-2012, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
How is killing her or shooting her going to help him out if he's hanging onto the hood of a car with one hand?(uhh...)? Why not just, I don't know, roll off the hood? Seems like shooting was a much harder maneuver to pull off (impossible even?) and could have caused a much worse situation for him since once shes incapacitate the car could go even more out of control.
It's a Tom Cruise/Mission Impossible move. Cue epic music for several hundred yards.

Old 10-01-2012, 10:44 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,806,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
If the statement "he was carried for several hundred yards" is remotely true, she ran him down and did not try to stop. No accident, attempted murder with the car. Beotch should have been shot....Darwinian selection at it's finest. Try to murder a cop and you're probably gonna get ventilated. I hope the officer makes a speedy and complete recovery.

Any chance the suspect was NOT a criminal..alien or otherwise?
Yes -- at the very minimum it sounds like she intended to do a hit and run. If she didn't understand our traffic laws enough to realize that when involved in an accident, she was expected to stop and render aid, then she had no business driving a vehicle in the first place.

I doubt she ran him down like this accidently -- these people view law enforcement as the enemy which is why her husband wants the agent killed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies