Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 09:02 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,587,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
I'm waiting for Bill Clinton's books to come out. "What Obama meant to say..." and the sequel "What Obama was trying to say.........."

Books, you say?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2012, 09:05 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,854,986 times
Bill Clinton. There is a public speaker. I still recall his State of the Union speech in 1998. Ringing applause at the end because we knew it was a good time to be part of the USA.

For 209 years, it has been the President's duty to report to you on the State of the Union. Because of the hard work and high purpose of the American people, these are good times for America. We have more than 14 million new jobs. The lowest unemployment in 24 years. The lowest core inflation in 30 years. Incomes are rising, and we have the highest homeownership in history. Crime has dropped for a record five years in a row and the welfare rolls are at their lowest level in 27 years. Our leadership in the world is unrivaled. Ladies and gentlemen, the state of our union is strong.

Old 09-26-2012, 09:06 AM

2,160 posts, read 1,958,597 times
I'm looking forward to 52 more months of hearing President Obama saying it

[one for each month]
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"

Old 09-26-2012, 09:12 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,209,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Onions View Post
I'm looking forward to 52 more months of hearing President Obama saying it

[one for each month]
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"
"LET ME BE CLEAR!"

If he does win reelection I'll be praying hard for those 52 months.

Old 09-26-2012, 09:23 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,467,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onthemove28 View Post
It is near-universally recognized, by friend and foe and rival, that Obama is a stunningly effective communicator.

Policy aside.
Too bad while that you feel he is a effective communicator, if you can beleive his lies, he is a terrible President. I rather have him a passing communicator, who tells the truth, but better as a President who can actually get this economy moving along once again.

Someone who does not play gosh dang games and blames everyone else for his mistakes.

Truth is most people do not feel they are better off. I know of two new familes who have walked away from their homes, when you lose your job, and your home, that is like a death sentence to you and your loved ones. And it is still happening here in 2012.

That was not part of the Hope n' Change i hope from Obama's own words many times over in 2008.

Old 09-26-2012, 09:38 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,836,845 times
When a person starts of a statement with "truthfully" or "In all honesty" - You know they are not going to be honest or truthful....When they insert "Let me be clear" - or as Nixon used to say "let me make one thing perfectly clear"- You know that what is about to emerge from their mouth will NOT be clear...If the had an audible and coherent message they would not beg the audience by asking them to allow him to clear....clear means something has been cleared...cleared of real content.

What he is saying is allow me to speak and say nothing and please bare with me... The only wealth humanity has is HOPE...they already own it- It is not for Obama to give...Besides- where in heavens name did this President get the impression that America was hopeless? It is he that has no hope....So is it America's duty to give him hope? Seems that way..

As for the word "change" - Change from what too what? He has not established a starting point...or a potential ending point in change- that is what is NOT clear----------what change are you talking about- wish he would make it clear.

Old 09-26-2012, 09:49 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,836,845 times
You have to have a plan and present it to the share holders who are the American citizenry. For instance- this is were we stand now- and this is what we are going to change it too...simple concept- You must have a CLEAR plan...what's so hard about that- unless you are flying on auto in the middle of the night hoping that some how all issues will resolve themselves..

Where are the statesmen and woman who are capable of making a valid and wise visionary statement? Me- I am sitting up here in Canada casually viewing America...and I really don't have a clue what your plans are...What is wrong with the AMERICAN corporate empire...and how do you adjust and fix the defects in the enterprise? Someone must have an idea? There MUST be a plan somewhere....It tosses me into mild anxiety when a teleprompter breaks down- and the whole nation suddenly due to a technical glitch comes to a grinding halt.

The best a president can do is hire the best to help him out...but NOOOOOOOOOOO....all they are going to do is pass around political favors and have another disjointed committee worse than the last......It does not matter who wins- BUT a real intelligent team must be assembled....You must gather your finest from all walks of life and put this huge corporation back in order- or the ancient Muslim corporation and the Mafia in China ...are going to walk all over you.

Old 09-26-2012, 09:59 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,076,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onthemove28 View Post
Everybody has a cliche' they invariably overuse. He just speaks publicly more than, well, anyone else.

I think overall he's a fantastic speaker with a gift for eloquence.
But severely lacks the leadership to bring those words to action.

Old 09-26-2012, 10:11 AM

876 posts, read 710,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Obamaphobes haven't clearly heard anything the president has ever said.
I don't think the obamalovers have clearly heard anything he has said. Y'all can't hear anything over those voices in your head chanting "o-bam-a. o-bam-a".

He isn't a good speaker. He is a good telepromter reader. Here is what happens when it goes out:
Obama Speech - Teleprompter Goes Out - YouTube

Let me be clear and tell you that I would rather my president be transparent than "clear". That way he wouldn't have to spend so much time "clearly" explaining the crap he tells us.

Old 09-26-2012, 10:33 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,387,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Right up there with: make no mistake!!!!

I also find him very annoying when an interview starts and while the interviewer is asking the question Obama goes into bobble head mode.
"Make no mistake" was Algore. Thankfully we did not have to listen to that for 4 years.

I believe it may have been Richard Nixon who made "perfectly clear" his calling card. How appropriate that Obama decided to appropriate it. Nixon and Obama have very much in common, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies