Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 08:59 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,854,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
How about THINKING????

What's OBAMA done to get these people off of Food Stamps? Nothing, Nada, Zilch.

If you notice in the graph, people got food stamps under BUSH, a Conservative. We just don't have the NUMBERS we do TODAY under Obama.

This stinking economy is OWNED by Obama and the busk stops at HIS desk.
Apparently "charity" or "trickle-down economics" is not feeding our children. If we give the wealthy top 1% another tax break, will that feed our children?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 09:01 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,186,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Apparently "charity" or "trickle-down economics" is not feeding our children. If we give the wealthy top 1% another tax break, will that feed our children?
How about we give them FN JOBS

Seriously, what the hell did you guys think would be the result when the Obama stimulus bill involved $300 BILLION in food stamp stimulus spending and create programs that remove money from the economy? Now you guys all act surprised at the result.

Stupid Democrats because you can NOT remove money from the economy and GROW it at the same time..

Old 09-07-2012, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
That talking point was already ridiculed to hell above..

Its like a bunch of little lemmings.. all walking in line..

Thats all they have
That is exactly what conservatives do; "ridicule all to hell!" Why don't you try solving problems instead?

Old 09-07-2012, 09:02 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,887,899 times
Quote:
That talking point was already ridiculed to hell above.. Thats all they have
Every "talking point" you put up is ridiculed and it never, never stops you from posting more ridiculous stuff.

You seem to forget there was a massive financial meltdown, and its effects are still being felt across the country. Instead, you choose to pretend that it never happened, and go on to berate people who are still struggling to get back even a small piece of the wealth they were robbed of four years ago.

I thank God that President Obama didn't turn his back on the people who were the victims of this robbery and will make sure that people don't starve in the aftermath. You would rather blame him for not cleaning up the mess your party left him fast enough, because that's all YOU have.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:03 AM

Quote:

Seriously, what the hell did you guys think would be the result when the Obama stimulus bill involved $300 BILLION in food stamp stimulus spending? Now you guys all act surprised at the result..

Stupid Democrats..
You want to make children work for their meals by working government jobs? That sounds pretty scary! Wasn't that tried before in history?

Old 09-07-2012, 09:04 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,852,794 times
So we cut food stamps so that only the elderly, infirm, and very young are elgible. What then? Holodomor revisted?

Old 09-07-2012, 09:05 AM

Quote:

Seriously, what the hell did you guys think would be the result when the Obama stimulus bill involved $300 BILLION in food stamp stimulus spending and create programs that remove money from the economy? Now you guys all act surprised at the result.

Stupid Democrats because you can NOT remove money from the economy and GROW it at the same time..
That is exactly what I thought when I heard about Romney taking his profits out of America and investing them offshore on the Cayman Islands, Switzerland, etc...........

Old 09-07-2012, 09:05 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,186,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
That is exactly what conservatives do; "ridicule all to hell!" Why don't you try solving problems instead?
I didnt realise I had the power to employ tens of millions of individuals.. Soon as you tell me how to do that, I'll be more than happy to assist.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:06 AM

27,623 posts, read 21,154,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Uh.... the point isn't that people don't need assistance or shouldn't be on it -- the point is things have gotten so bad under this administration, that it has been allowed to get this way. And it's becoming very costly for everyone.

According to the logic of some, apparently....
People don't need assistance? Maybe in the world of Paul Ryan's Ayn Rand. You cannot attack the POTUS when he is obstructed over and over and over again by a Congress that openly stated..."THEIR NUMBER ONE PRIORITY WAS TO MAKE HIM A ONE TERM PRESIDENT".

What do you think that meant? How do you think that affected the economy and the American people? These are not rhetorical questions. Will you answer them?

Old 09-07-2012, 09:06 AM

33,588 posts, read 18,202,736 times
A story .... the $50 lesson...

Recently, while I was working in the flower beds in the front yard, my neighbors stopped to chat as they returned home from walking their dog. During our friendly conversation, I asked their little girl what she wanted to be when she grows up. She said she wanted to be President some day. Both of her parents, liberal Democrats, were standing there, so I asked her, "If you were President what would be the first thing you would do?" She replied... "I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people." Her parents beamed with pride! "Wow...what a worthy goal!" I said. "But you don't have to wait until you're President to do that!" I told her. "What do you mean?" she replied. So I told her, "You can come over to my house and mow the lawn, pull weeds, and trim my hedge, and I'll pay you $50. Then you can go over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out and give him the $50 to use toward food and a new house." She thought that over for a few seconds...then she looked me straight in the eye and asked, "Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the $50?" I said, "Welcome to the Republican Party."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies