Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 09:07 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,174,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Democrats, here is a challenge, could you get any more ridiculous than Eleanora?
Ding ding ding.. we have a winner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
You want to make children work for their meals by working government jobs? That sounds pretty scary! Wasn't that tried before in history?
You cant be that dumb..
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
That is exactly what I thought when I heard about Romney taking his profits out of America and investing them offshore on the Cayman Islands, Switzerland, etc...........
Moving money over seas does NOT remove it from the economy, it just changes where its spent. It also still gets taxed here, in fact at a much higher tax rate than had it been left here because the USA has the highest tax reunification rate in the WORLD..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 09:10 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,168,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Success at last!

Maybe Obama can run on his food stamp record?

After all, Democrats believe it’s one of the great American success stories.

Heritage reported:
One in seven Americans is on food stamps. According to the left, this high rate of participation is part of what makes America exceptional. So boasts liberal political commentator Alan Colmes in Monday’s Wall Street Journal op-ed “How Democrats Made America Exceptional.”

Since the food stamps program began in the 1960s, the participation rate has soared from roughly one in 20 Americans to where it is today. Apparently, this is the liberal idea of progress.

And so anxious are they to make even greater strides that the Department of Agriculture was busily working to recruit more participants.

Today, the food stamps program is one of the largest and the fastest growing of the roughly 80 welfare programs funded by the federal government. Since 2000, spending has nearly quadrupled, with much of the growth taking place over the last four years. Since President Obama came to office, food stamps spending doubled from roughly $39 billion in 2008 to an estimated $85 billion in 2012.
And Repugnants run on:

"Let kids starve to death, that's OUR American ideal....we only care about kids BEFORE they're born so we can control women....we get off on that. The poor? Our christian Jesus, our christian principles say grind them into the ground"""

Old 09-07-2012, 09:11 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,658,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
Maybe some day, if Obama is re-elected, every American can receive food stamps. Then we will really be a successful country.
Instead of a chicken in every pot, Obama's motto will be, "An EBT card in every wallet."

Old 09-07-2012, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
"Let kids starve to death,
I find it funny that EVERY Democrat had the EXACT same response..

Old 09-07-2012, 09:13 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,060,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
People don't need assistance? Maybe in the world of Paul Ryan's Ayn Rand.
What are you talking about? I'll repeat -- to put it more simply, the point is that there shouldn't be such a huge number of people needing this assistance right now, because we were promised things would be better, not worse.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:13 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,885,713 times
Quote:
I find it funny that EVERY Democrat had the EXACT same response..
Well, you know what they say, the truth has a liberal bias.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Well, you know what they say, the truth has a liberal bias.
So you think its true Clinton was starving little children?

Old 09-07-2012, 09:16 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,849,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
A story .... the $50 lesson...

Recently, while I was working in the flower beds in the front yard, my neighbors stopped to chat as they returned home from walking their dog. During our friendly conversation, I asked their little girl what she wanted to be when she grows up. She said she wanted to be President some day. Both of her parents, liberal Democrats, were standing there, so I asked her, "If you were President what would be the first thing you would do?" She replied... "I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people." Her parents beamed with pride! "Wow...what a worthy goal!" I said. "But you don't have to wait until you're President to do that!" I told her. "What do you mean?" she replied. So I told her, "You can come over to my house and mow the lawn, pull weeds, and trim my hedge, and I'll pay you $50. Then you can go over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out and give him the $50 to use toward food and a new house." She thought that over for a few seconds...then she looked me straight in the eye and asked, "Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the $50?" I said, "Welcome to the Republican Party."
Cute story. Are you suggesting that the children who are hungry and without food should work for their food by going to your house and trimming your hedges, mowing your lawn, and pulling your weeds?

Old 09-07-2012, 09:20 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,849,201 times
Quote:
Ding ding ding.. we have a winner

You cant be that dumb..

Moving money over seas does NOT remove it from the economy, it just changes where its spent. It also still gets taxed here, in fact at a much higher tax rate than had it been left here because the USA has the highest tax reunification rate in the WORLD..
Romney's money err.. "investments" on the Cayman Islands was taxed by the US federal government?

Romney's money invested in the Cayman Islands created jobs in America?

Romney's money sent to the Cayman Islands helped to feed our children who go hungry day after day?

Old 09-07-2012, 09:20 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,885,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
What are you talking about? I'll repeat -- to put it more simply, the point is that there shouldn't be such a huge number of people needing this assistance right now, because we were promised things would be better, not worse.
And they are getting better. Your problem is that your party put us into a deep financial hole and it's taking some time to climb out of it. Some cooperation from your side would have sped up this process considerably, but the right decided it was more important that this administration fail, so they have blocked and obstructed as much as possible to make that happen. As a result, it's a lot slower going to recovery than it needed to be.

Anyone who watched the GOP convention would think that the party was created a mere three years ago and wasn't even around when the financial crisis hit. They never, ever mention their own hand in its creation; pretending that the whole thing started in 2009, when President Obama took office. All innocence and goodness, this Republican party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies