Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 04:56 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,675,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Once the Republicans cratered the economy, they've determined their fellow citizens should be starved to death as further punishment for not supporting their agenda of "you're on your own".

Heaven forbid the citizens receive the benefit of programs they, their grand parents and great grandparents put into place as a safety net during crisis.

~good grief
LOL...starve to death ? Really ? Last I heard we have an obesity problem in America, not a starvation problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 04:58 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,946,991 times
i didn't watch clinton's speech but i have to wonder about the strategy of saying that the economy is "messed up" when the democrats controlled congress for the last 2 years of bush's administration, and the first 2 years of obama's. (now obama has had 4 years and we clearly know that he knows what an executive order is and how to use it.

that seems like a risky strategy to win an election, especially since it is more "messed up" now.

people might think about that.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:08 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,890,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
LOL...starve to death ? Really ? Last I heard we have an obesity problem in America, not a starvation problem.
Did it occur to you that there can be both?

Your above statement is like saying you didn't realize there were people earning less than $20K per year because last time you heard people earn more than 20K per year.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i didn't watch clinton's speech but i have to wonder about the strategy of saying that the economy is "messed up" when the democrats controlled congress for the last 2 years of bush's administration, and the first 2 years of obama's. (now obama has had 4 years and we clearly know that he knows what an executive order is and how to use it.

that seems like a risky strategy to win an election, especially since it is more "messed up" now.

people might think about that.
Perhaps this will shed some light on your wondering.

Quote:
What Republicans don’t want to acknowledge is the role they played in expanding the food stamps program before President Obama ever took office. The 2002 farm bill—passed by a Republican-controlled House and signed by Republican President George W. Bush—expanded the food stamps program. As the Wall Street Journal’s editorial page correctly noted yesterday, “The food-stamp boom began with the George W. Bush Republicans, who expanded benefits in the appalling 2002 farm bill.â€
Both Obama and Republicans Are Responsible for the Increase in Food Stamps Use

Old 09-07-2012, 05:17 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,781,413 times
Doesn't matter who created what. It matters that so many are on them and need to be.

That's what this thread is about if anyone was wondering.

Under no other admin has there been this need.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:24 PM

53,021 posts, read 34,824,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Did it occur to you that there can be both?

Your above statement is like saying you didn't realize there were people earning less than $20K per year because last time you heard people earn more than 20K per year.
How many people starved to death in this country last year? give us a valid number and a link.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:28 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,708,733 times
I'm a massive failure. Through thick and thin, good jobs and no jobs, I've managed to feed myself without any help from the government.

I should hang my head in shame.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
How many people starved to death in this country last year? give us a valid number and a link.
The question is: how many would starve to death had not there been a food stamp program?

Old 09-07-2012, 05:46 PM

53,021 posts, read 34,824,694 times
Quote:
The question is: how many would starve to death had not there been a food stamp program?
You couldnt find a number?

In post #133 you appeared to be claiming this was already occurring.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:55 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,708,733 times
Quote:
None. Charities would take over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies