Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What post-zombie apocalypse behavior would you do?
Tippy and the livestock are all I need. 3 20.00%
They might try to eat me, but I do have a shotgun. I want a few friends. 5 33.33%
When the raiders show up, I want more than a shotgun. I want a bunch of people with shotguns...and maybe a draconian-dictatorship-led militia. 3 20.00%
I want to change things for the better and hope I don't get tarred and feathered for being a hippie revolutionist. 4 26.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 12:17 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,366,649 times

Advertisements

99.999% of humans are gone, but the zombie apocalypse is over. All zombies suddenly decided to return to the traditional behavior of the deceased...immobility. You've heard this repeatedly over your radio.

You currently live on a small farm in Kansas. You have chickens, cows, and vegatables, as well as a stockpile of canned goods. You also have a ****zu named Tippy. The zombies never even came near you, because your farm is dozens of miles away from any other house. You get water from a well. Other humans don't know you're here either. You stand a good chance of being self-sufficient for a long time. You are considering driving into a town to raid supplies, such as medicinal supplies, but other than that you don't need much at the moment. You own a hunting rifle and a shotgun, with plenty of ammunition for both.

What is your next goal?

Would you like to live out your days with Tippy, avoiding potential conflict and other humans as much as possible?

Would you like to seek out a few others to form your own, mini-nation?

Would you like to seek out civilization for company and security?

Would you like to seek out civilization to attempt to re-develop civiliation by becomming politicaly active, if possible?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 02:00 PM

Actually, come to think of it, 99.999% of Kansas gone would leave only 30 people, and 99,999% of the U.S. gone would leave 3,000.

Let's change it to 99.9% of people gone. The population of Kansas is therefore about 3,000 and the population of the U.S. is about 300,000.

Old 08-29-2012, 03:23 PM

11,157 posts, read 29,391,122 times
my first Goal is to wonder that some how out of 99.999% of Mankind that died out I survived it all would be the Question of Why Me and everyone you know is gone and I amledgend had some pretty good secnes of how odd it would be to come back to the City but hey I like the way he hunts since A Shhelby GT-500 your Dog and your Gun a weird sense that you are alone and everone you knew or loved is long gone.

Shelby GT500 Mustang 720p HD - Scene from I am Legend - YouTube

Old 08-29-2012, 04:40 PM

24,865 posts, read 24,444,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
99.999% of humans are gone, but the zombie apocalypse is over. All zombies suddenly decided to return to the traditional behavior of the deceased...immobility. You've heard this repeatedly over your radio.

You currently live on a small farm in Kansas. You have chickens, cows, and vegatables, as well as a stockpile of canned goods. You also have a ****zu named Tippy. The zombies never even came near you, because your farm is dozens of miles away from any other house. You get water from a well. Other humans don't know you're here either. You stand a good chance of being self-sufficient for a long time. You are considering driving into a town to raid supplies, such as medicinal supplies, but other than that you don't need much at the moment. You own a hunting rifle and a shotgun, with plenty of ammunition for both.

What is your next goal?

Would you like to live out your days with Tippy, avoiding potential conflict and other humans as much as possible?

Would you like to seek out a few others to form your own, mini-nation?

Would you like to seek out civilization for company and security?

Would you like to seek out civilization to attempt to re-develop civiliation by becomming politicaly active, if possible?
Well society would start over.

But realistically, how are you going to hear a radio when there is no power? No people to mine coal, pump oil, or operate nuclear plants mean no power, and no power means no radio.

To answer your question realistically, look to the end of the dark ages.

Old 08-29-2012, 05:59 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,308,242 times
Ok, I am probably getting old and unhip, but can someone help me understand what ****zu is suppose to refer to?

Old 08-29-2012, 06:11 PM

4,739 posts, read 10,469,417 times
GWhopper - I think the OP meant shih tzu.

Old 08-29-2012, 06:13 PM

Kansas is filled with wind-based electricity generators. Let's say that some radio stations have maintained power through them. Some people located some and began passing messages between these stations. Wind power has been the primary continuing source of power through the zombie epidemic. If there are three thousand people in Kansas, this would be more reasonable. If there are three people in Kansas...uh...let's just say the two other people that aren't you found the radio stations. They've journeyed far and wide and watched the zombies drop before their very eyes. You own a battery powered radio.

Old 08-29-2012, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post
GWhopper - I think the OP meant shih tzu.
Yes. That was it.

Old 08-29-2012, 06:18 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,308,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
Yes. That was it.
Okay, wow, that's cool. I actually had one growing up. Her name was Chin Chin. Sweetest dog I ever had. Alright, now I know how to vote.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:25 PM

20,736 posts, read 19,423,380 times
Shotgun? That's weak. A cannon with chain shot is ideal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies