Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 07:32 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,863,528 times

Advertisements

“if it is inevitable, just lay back and enjoy it.”

That comment helped Ann Richards defeat Clayton Williams for governor of Texas.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:58 PM

14,489 posts, read 11,308,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Well, for one, it seems like there's a popular push among certain male politicans on the right to create a litmus test to define what constitutes a "legitimate" rape. I'm sure that makes women who have been raped feel absolutely full of freedom and accurate representation.
No there isn't.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:59 PM

14,489 posts, read 11,308,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
Rape. Birth control (even when used for non-contraceptive means).

I have a daughter, late teens. Regardless, I have a vested interest whether or not I choose to have more children, or even if I were post-menopausal. I am female, and that's all that counts...not whether or not I wish to procreate.

Age makes no difference with regard to women's issues.
In other words, you got nuthin.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:05 PM

18,412 posts, read 19,066,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by king's highway View Post

Again... those who are rightfully concerned about rape should support God's Law to execute rapists.

Since rapists are repeat offenders, this will drastically cut down on the number of rapes and won't
rape the taxpayer to support imprisoned rapists.

Let's put good use to all those hollow point bullets being bought left and right by the government -
execute rapists before they have opportunity to rape again and again... and cause unwanted pregnancies.

putting a rapist in prison or even execution does not address the fact that the woman raped is still pregnant! this woman has every right to choice. forcing any woman to remain pregnant, labor and deliver a child is wrong, it is heinous with a victim of rape

Old 08-21-2012, 08:09 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,242,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
putting a rapist in prison or even execution does not address the fact that the woman raped is still pregnant! this woman has every right to choice. forcing any woman to remain pregnant, labor and deliver a child is wrong, it is heinous with a victim of rape
Republicans do have a point in protecting the rights of the unborn though, that's the way I see it.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:14 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,242,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Republicans do have a point in protecting the rights of the unborn though, that's the way I see it.
What about the rights of the already born woman who will be required to carry the fetus to term, deliver, deal all the financial, and psychological ramifications of carrying a child that was caused by a violent act?

I guess only the unborn are worthy of rights.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:17 PM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,667,565 times
I watched about this on TV today and commented to my husband that this entire election seems to be about the female reproductive system.

I went to our local precinct meeting for the Democratic party when I was still a Democrat and the precinct leader was black and got up to speak and his first words were what are we going to ask the Democratic party to do for the blacks in our town. My answer was that this town has a lot of people that are not black and shouldn't we be concerned about all the citizens.

I feel the same way about women who do not realize there are other people on the face of the earth. It is not and should not be ALL about you and your reproduction. There are a lot more important issues facing our country. Your reproduction should be your responsibility and there should be no reason for any woman to be aborting a baby with all the morning after pills and other birth control. You make all women look ignorant when you can speak of nothing else.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:21 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,242,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
What about the rights of the already born woman who will be required to carry the fetus to term, deliver, deal all the financial, and psychological ramifications of carrying a child that was caused by a violent act?

I guess only the unborn are worthy of rights.
Republicans prioritize rights to life.

I ain't a republican, but they cling on to that right to life pretty hard, regardless of victims rights.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:28 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,250,858 times
I love threads by people who paint a whole group based on the statements or actions a few.
These same people will scream racism and justifiably so if some says Blacks are criminals.
Why? Because the actions of the few extremists never = the majority.
I have never met a republican that felt a woman shouldn't have access to abortion in the case of rape. Yes many are against using it as a form of birth control. Some are against tax dollars funding abortions.
But never have I met one who was for forcing a woman to carry to term. Not one.
people who don't like stereotypes shouldn't be using them themselves.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:35 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,242,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I love threads by people who paint a whole group based on the statements or actions a few.
These same people will scream racism and justifiably so if some says Blacks are criminals.
Why? Because the actions of the few extremists never = the majority.
I have never met a republican that felt a woman shouldn't have access to abortion in the case of rape. Yes many are against using it as a form of birth control. Some are against tax dollars funding abortions.
But never have I met one who was for forcing a woman to carry to term. Not one.
people who don't like stereotypes shouldn't be using them themselves.
You might want to look at the Republican platform. They favor a constitutional amendment that would end abortion for any reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.