Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 06:05 PM

79,910 posts, read 44,462,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Wrong-

If you ENSLAVED those making more than $250K per year, you would generate only $900 billion in revenue. In that scenario, we would still have $400K deficits. The slavery, by the way, excludes the cost of feeding, watering, and housing the slaves. Oh............wait................ slavery is illegal.

I guess another liberal fantasy is revealed as lunacy again.
You didn't even bother to read what I wrote. Because I refuse to take a partisan approach in the blame you just skipped what I said and went on a rant.

Quote:
Read a litte about your liberal fantasies. Obviously, your leftist handlers realize this and just use it as a ploy to "gin up" class warfare. Obviously, as you are a liberal, you won't read it.

Warren Buffet Is Wrong,Taxing The Rich Won’t Raise Enough Revenue « Steven Birn Speaks
Read a little period and try again.

Old 08-19-2012, 06:06 PM

79,910 posts, read 44,462,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayiask View Post
wrong!
So tell me then. Why is the Fed still giving Wall Street money for free?

Old 08-19-2012, 06:16 PM

2,097 posts, read 3,829,848 times
Quote:
Romney hasn't been in the 'govenment' since 2006 and has continued to recieve tax breaks since then. What jobs did he create without gov't help since 1999? Asking an honest question and looking for an honest, straight answer.

I honestly haven't kept up much on Mitt since he was governor here. Like I previously said,I'm not thrilled with him but I do think he's a better choice of the two. I hate the fact there's never a viable 3rd party candidate,it's always down to the lesser of two evils.

Old 08-19-2012, 06:33 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,507,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
So tell me then. Why is the Fed still giving Wall Street money for free?

Quote:
The Federal Reserve is not a government agency.
The truth is that it is a privately owned central bank. It is owned by the banks that are members of the Federal Reserve system. We do not know how much of the system each bank owns, because that has never been disclosed to the American people.
The Federal Reserve openly admits that it is privately owned. When it was defending itself against a Bloomberg request for information under the Freedom of Information Act, the Federal Reserve stated unequivocally in court that it was "not an agency" of the federal government and therefore not subject to the Freedom of Information Act.
In fact, if you want to find out that the Federal Reserve system is owned by the member banks, all you have to do is go to the Federal Reserve website....
Not sure why they do that. What does that have to do with the 'trickle down' tax theory that this thread is about?

Old 08-19-2012, 06:56 PM

37,591 posts, read 19,480,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
LOL, cuebald, of course you will vote for Obama. You established on this forum along time ago.

PS, sure, there is no reason for people to risk their money only for the government to take too big of a bite. :-) If the government takes too big a bite, businesses will close just to spite you lol
They didn't close during the depression when the top rate was 92%, and they won't close now.

There is nowhere for the owner/managers/CEOs to run that will tax them less, and greed is an addiction. They have to make money or they feel real, physical withdrawal pains.

Prima facie the tax rate is high, but there are deductions that make all the difference.

Old 08-19-2012, 07:01 PM

37,591 posts, read 19,480,784 times
Quote:
Why should the government still be handing out free money if it isn't going to be used for job creation and do you have a clue what needs to take place for jobs to be created?
Yep. Demand for goods and services. And there can be no demand with low employment numbers.

We need another WPA and CCC, paid for by raising taxes to the levels they were under FDR, UHC, and major tax breaks for alternative energy developers who hire people .

I would love to hear the views of anyone who thinks it can be done differently.

Old 08-19-2012, 07:13 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,944,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
LOL, do you mean Obamas policies are not working? Of course they are not.

its because of Obama that businesses are holding their cash. Paid down debt position. not investing

and they will not invest (including hiring) until they absolutely have to or until Obama is out of office.

Obamas Administration's actions are hurting the business environment and specific industries that have dampened business hiring.
If businesses are bouncing back and profits are high, without the added annoyance of new employees to pay, how is he hurting their business?

Quote:
Issued 106 new major rules that cost U.S. businesses $11 billion in implementation and more than $46 billion each year.
... and how much money was made last year versus 2008?

Quote:
Make the United States a less desirable place to open or run a business.
Doesn't seem to be the case, honestly.

Quote:
Imposed a new investment income "surtax" of 3.8 percent. (including business who invest)
Going by the numbers on the stock exchange, it doesn't seem that this has slowed anyone down.

Quote:
The United States to become the highest corporate tax nation in the developed world.

Expressed plans to raise the capital gains tax, which would discourage U.S. capital formation and drive investment overseas.
Funny. The US is still the #3 friendliest place in the world for business, behind Hong Kong and the Netherlands, according to this article: Hong Kong Beats Netherlands and U.S. as Best Place for Business - Bloomberg

It's #4, behind Singapore, Hong Kong, and New Zealand, according to this one: Ranking of economies - Doing Business - World Bank Group

So, just out of curiosity... where did you pull that completely asinine statement from?

Quote:
Demonized businesses and one-percent income earners consistently as greedy when in fact its the people on the dole who are greedy.

Perpetuated the fraud of "green jobs" to sell and justify stimulus funds with little evidence to support the market for these jobs.
Those two statements are so loaded with seething, bogus bile that I can't really take them seriously. If you really believe this, you've "drank the kool-aid" as you guys like to say... hell, you chugged it. And asked for more.

Old 08-19-2012, 07:18 PM

20,696 posts, read 12,605,101 times
Quote:
Not a thread killer. How many jobs have been created by the 'trickle down' theory? Romney and other billion or millionaires insist this is true, but where is the proof?

I don't give a rat's @ss if someone is rich or not. Good for them. But if the theory behind giving them tax cuts and breaks is that they will use their money to produce jobs, I do want proof that they will do that b4 they get those breaks. JMO
Trickle down has never worked and won't start any time soon. It has always stayed at the top and that is why middle class is disappearing.

Old 08-19-2012, 07:23 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,653,472 times
Exclamation hmm....

Quote:
Simply not true. This is nothing more than an excuse used to export jobs. Believe it or not, help desks and what have you that are sent offshore is filled with people who are pretty much clueless about what you are asking. They read from a script but they do that very cheaply.
Perhaps you responded to the wrong person. Your comment makes no sense and doesn't address anything I wrote.

Please be specific.

What is not true?

Old 08-19-2012, 07:27 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,653,472 times
Exclamation huh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

7. Obama has tried to single handedly bankrupt the coal industry

Want to have the US experience prosperity? Dump the man who is the biggest impediment- Obama

US coal exports hit record in June
09 Aug 2012 20:55 GMT
Washington, 9 August (Argus)
— US coal exports reached a monthly record 12.8mn short tons (11.6mn metric tonnes) in June to finish the first half at a pace that suggests 2012 shipments could attain an all-time annual high even if demand slows.

June exports were 41pc above the same month of 2011 and surpassed April's previous record of 12.5mn st. Year-to-date shipments totaled 66.2mn st. That is 24pc higher than the first half of 2011 and more than half the record 109mn st set in 1981.

Export demand has been a bright spot for US coal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.