Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 11:14 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,443,434 times

Advertisements

If you increase business expenses via Obamacare, tax increases or regulation businesses must cut expenses in other areas. Cutting expenses in other areas usually means less investing in product and employment.

Obamas policies are hurting the economy where people have less money to spend, and of those people who have money to spend are instead holding on to their money (termed drop in consumer confidence) both resulting in less demand for a companies product or service.

What you get is INCREASED EXPENSES + DECREASE DEMAND = Less investing, limited hiring, holding onto cash = Bad Economy

Successful business people understand that the effects of policies on the economy and will adjust their expenditures and investments accordingly. Companies are being very careful. It would be foolish for companies to invest and hire to the extent to make a difference in these anti-business times. Obama wants you to believe it is due to greed.

Last edited by eRayP; 08-20-2012 at 11:31 AM..

Old 08-20-2012, 11:31 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,516,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
This is also true. When 50% don't pay federal income tax at all and the rich are paying taxes. Even if you want to argue that its not a high percentage.

If a millionaire pays 20% ($200,000.00) ,
Someone who earns 50K a year is paying 15% ($7,500.00)
The poor (who we give money to) pays 0%.

There is more to it but do the math.

Most importantly:
What right does someone who is on welfare who gets money for doing nothing and pays 0% in taxes have to complain? That! is called greed!

The wealthy are lucky we tax INCOME in this country, and haven't figured out a way to tax WEALTH ... which, if you think about it, is probably a more fair way to tax.

Again: the top 20% own 85% of the country's wealth (The top 1% control 34% of all the wealth).

Do not cry for the rich. They don't give two ##### about you, so why conservatives spend so much time shilling for them literally boggles the mind!

Old 08-20-2012, 11:33 AM

Wealthy are lucky we tax income? Talk about entitlement mentality and you act like its your money. Really you are lucky if wealthy want to do business in the US. They will want to do business in the US if the US is competitive. Otherwise they will do business elsewhere.

The entitlement community is lucky that the rich do business in the US and make money so they can pay taxes to pay your monthly check.

Last edited by eRayP; 08-20-2012 at 11:42 AM..

Old 08-20-2012, 11:34 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,417,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
That's it?

Lol

I said I want evidence, not an [sic] politically charged opinion.
I said "for starters." I have more... so much more. I only had time left this morning to dust off that one from my files.

But the problem with you Obamabots is that you cannot reason. You do not think, and you seem not to have the ability to think beyond the rhetoric that you so easily fall prey too. Liberals are easily duped.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:57 AM

Default Hard truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So true. If you're a successful businessman getting more and more customers to wait on, it's dumb to wait around for whatever is going on in Washington, DC before you'll hire new people.
Well, I can tell you don't know too much about business.

Businesses large and small see what ObamaCare is going to cost them and they duck and run. They stay small; like under 50 if they can. Larger businesses are downsizing. That means layoffs.

Good business sense means maximizing profits. You may not like that, but profits are why people go into business. No one goes into business to create jobs for people. Jobs are created as a result of their business.

If more profits can be made with fewer employees, as is likely the case under the threat that ObamaCare represents, with the high taxes that go with it, and the mandate to provide expensive insurance for employees, if you have more than 50, business will do with fewer employees.

If you don't like that, then vote for Romney/Ryan, because they are the solution. Obama is the problem.

The U.S. corporate tax rate is the highest in the industrialized world, and ObamaCare increases it. Guess what that does? More jobs going overseas, downsized business, fewer business startups, as people will wait for a more business friendly administration to start their business.

You may think this is greed. But, people do not begin a business for your benefit. They begin a business for theirs.

Old 08-20-2012, 12:05 PM

17,290 posts, read 29,516,302 times
Quote:
Wealthy are lucky we tax income? Talk about entitlement mentality and you act like its your money. Really you are lucky if wealthy want to do business in the US. They will want to do business in the US if the US is competitive. Otherwise they will do business elsewhere.

The entitlement community is lucky that the rich do business in the US and make money so they can pay taxes to pay your monthly check.

LOL@ "entitlement community!" I am a tax PAYER. Probably pay more taxes than you. I pay more in taxes than many people MAKE in a year!

I'm just not a shortsighted shill for people in stations above me.

We cast of the aristocracy when the Republic was born. Too many "of your kid" wish to hasten a return to feudalism.

Perhaps you should get out and travel the world a bit more.

Old 08-20-2012, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
The wealthy are lucky we tax INCOME in this country, and haven't figured out a way to tax WEALTH ... which, if you think about it, is probably a more fair way to tax.

Again: the top 20% own 85% of the country's wealth (The top 1% control 34% of all the wealth).

Do not cry for the rich. They don't give two ##### about you, so why conservatives spend so much time shilling for them literally boggles the mind!
It is not the countries wealth! It is their wealth! They earned it!

Wealth is created. There is not a "big pie" that gets devided up among the "haves and have nots."

You've been listening to Van Jones and others of his ilk. They are lying, and they don't know what they are talking about.

Old 08-20-2012, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
The entire apparatus encompassing the courts, defense, government works primarily for the benefit of the wealthy, the business class and the capitalists. The wealthy also control a disproportionate amount of the WEALTH and RESOURCES in this country. Is that ALSO "unfair" to you?

I don't understand why those who benefit the most from our society, capitalist system, and all the wars and resources we engage in to "secure capitalism" and "strategic resources" kvetch about paying a bit more for the maintenance of that apparatus.

The bottom of society's condition is the same no matter who the rulers are.

I don't care that I pay a bit more % of my income in taxes than the bottom rung of society, because I know who the government and courts and police REALLY work for (and it's not the shlub making 12k per year). I actually want to live in a country that DOESN'T resemble Rio De Janeiro, and if Americans actually got out and TRAVELLED they would see the consequences of Banana Republics and wealth concentration.
What kind of garbage have you been reading? Who has taught you this crap about "wealth concentration?" It is crap! Where are you getting this B.S. from?

Wealth is created, and usually by hard work and smart investing. Investing helps others to grow, and that is how jobs are created. Businesses create opportunity when they grow and expand.

People like you, who spout this crap make me so damn mad I want to spit! You know what? If I were looking to hire someone for my business, you would not even be considered!

Go have your pitty party someplace else!

Old 08-20-2012, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Businesses large and small see what ObamaCare is going to cost them and they duck and run. They stay small; like under 50 if they can. Larger businesses are downsizing. That means layoffs.

Good business sense means maximizing profits. You may not like that, but profits are why people go into business. No one goes into business to create jobs for people. Jobs are created as a result of their business.

If more profits can be made with fewer employees, as is likely the case under the threat that ObamaCare represents, with the high taxes that go with it, and the mandate to provide expensive insurance for employees, if you have more than 50, business will do with fewer employees.

If you don't like that, then vote for Romney/Ryan, because they are the solution. Obama is the problem.

The U.S. corporate tax rate is the highest in the industrialized world, and ObamaCare increases it. Guess what that does? More jobs going overseas, downsized business, fewer business startups, as people will wait for a more business friendly administration to start their business.

You may think this is greed. But, people do not begin a business for your benefit. They begin a business for theirs.
Well Said! Smaller business is going to stay under 50 employees. Bigger companies will move people from full time to part time or lay-off and not hire more people because the cost of employing people is now higher due to Obamacare.

The only reason people go to work is to make money. People start businesses to make money and when they grow and as they make money and need help they hire people. Both to make a profit. People don't go into business solely to employ people, rather they employ people as a result of success and wanting to grow their business.

Unbelievable that people actually think that business owes them jobs and money for nothing. They pay taxes but if you tax them too high they will take their business elsewhere, just like if a product or service cost you too much you will take your business elsewhere.

Last edited by eRayP; 08-20-2012 at 12:46 PM..

Old 08-20-2012, 12:37 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,187,392 times
Quote:
poor babies, are you still waiting for someone else to do it for you?

lol, how many jobs have you created? Just curious.
2. I'm 26. How many have you created? I agree with the OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies