Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 01:24 PM

63,123 posts, read 29,304,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Wonder why they felt the need to "note the suspects were black?" Seems everyone else (including some people here) was more concerned with race than the assailants & victim probably are/were.
Because race does identify us. When the police are looking for a suspect they need to know all they can about the identity of the person/persons they are looking for. No need for the race card here. Many times when a white person has committed a crime their race is a part of the identity used also.

What I am wondering about is that there were two articles posted in here about this crime. The first does identify that they were black the second one left that part out. Yet they appear to be written by the same author. Hmm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2012, 02:32 PM

30,429 posts, read 52,056,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Because race does identify us. When the police are looking for a suspect they need to know all they can about the identity of the person/persons they are looking for. No need for the race card here. Many times when a white person has committed a crime their race is a part of the identity used also.
I get that, but the comment to which I was referring specifically stated they "noted the assailants were black, and wondered if the attack was racially-motivated."

Old 08-17-2012, 02:44 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,970,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
allowing them that option is too kind. I thought they killed the man. Charge them with battery, and of course if they are minors their parents are responsible.
There must be no news of whites beating blacks for no good reason.
Oh they should be charged..........he wasn't killed, but if that kind person hadn't of butted in he might be. They should be charged and have to pay his medical. One lady said her sons were just going along, thats BS my sons have stopped things like this and didn't participate taking the chance of getting beat up their selves or called names. They were plenty old enough to know better. and plenty old enough to pay a price.

Old 08-17-2012, 03:10 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,924,134 times
Quote:

Yes a double standard exists, but it doesn't work in favor of ANY race. It's just treated differently based on the ethnic groups, and for some reason the rage is much stronger when it's a white person who is the victim (even when it really isn't racially-motivated).
Conjecture much?

I find it funny that you even mention "even when it isn't racially motivated" in regards to white victims......when white people suggest that white on black crimes aren't "racially motivated"..around here.. they get called bigots and racists!!

For a white person to be personally exonerated today in any act of aggression against a black person...it's like you have to have moment A to Z video documented. Otherwise, it's racism.

So, can you understand why some people would be annoyed by a double standard being exploited??

Old 08-17-2012, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Conjecture much?

I find it funny that you even mention "even when it isn't racially motivated" in regards to white victims......when white people suggest that white on black crimes aren't "racially motivated"..around here.. they get called bigots and racists!!
It would only be funny if I personally have said those things, which I have not. I can't speak for anyone else, but I always reserve judgment until hearing the full story - whether it's involving black, white, Hispanic, or whatever race of people.

Quote:
For a white person to be personally exonerated today in any act of aggression against a black person...it's like you have to have moment A to Z video documented. Otherwise, it's racism.

So, can you understand why some people would be annoyed by a double standard being exploited??
Yes, I do understand it... but as I asked earlier, how do you suggest changing generations of race relations and attitudes? We can be annoyed all we want, but our expressing this annoyance probably won't change anything in the big picture. Oh, but I do believe the tides are changing - since at least based on these forums, black-on-white crime seems to be getting equal (if not more) attention these days.

Old 08-17-2012, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Oh they should be charged..........he wasn't killed, but if that kind person hadn't of butted in he might be. They should be charged and have to pay his medical. One lady said her sons were just going along, thats BS my sons have stopped things like this and didn't participate taking the chance of getting beat up their selves or called names. They were plenty old enough to know better. and plenty old enough to pay a price.
While I agree they deserve a harsh sentence, the law doesn't base sentencing on "what could have happened if -----." The courts don't generally make those kind of assumptions or predictions, since nobody knows what would have happened in a scenario that didn't happen. If that makes any sense, LOL. These teens can only be charged with the ACTUAL crime, which in this case is a felonious assault (not sure which degree) and criminal mischief. And given their young age, they will likely be charged as juveniles and kept in detention no later than their 18th birthdays.

Old 08-17-2012, 04:23 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,341,563 times
Quote:
I get that, but the comment to which I was referring specifically stated they "noted the assailants were black, and wondered if the attack was racially-motivated."
Why is this unusual? Everytime a white on black or Hispanic crime is committed racial motivation is always brought up. Why is any different when it is the other way around?

Old 08-17-2012, 04:27 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,309,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Why is this unusual? Everytime a white on black or Hispanic crime is committed racial motivation is always brought up. Why is any different when it is the other way around?
It's not, but everytime a white person is attacked by someone black or latino, there is this smug "I told you so" tone whenever it's brought up. And if it is vice versa the first thing that someone says is, "well what about all those blacks beating up whites?" in an effort to diminish it.

Old 08-17-2012, 04:43 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,589,023 times
Quote:
I don't know that, and neither do you. Black people are assaulted all the time, and it doesn't always make the news even if the attackers are white/non-black. And didn't this story make the news too? So what's your point?
He made his point, you have yet to prove your accusations. If a black person was assaulted by a gang of white, you can bet your bippy it would be major headlines, and calls for action, probably even bounties and death threats. They would be painting all whites with the usual broad brush. Somebody should take up a microphone and show that this kind of violence won't be tolerated from anybody, any color, any age. Nobody is entitled to more rights than any other, we are all to be treated the same in the news, in politics, before the law. I am sick of people like you making excuses.

Old 08-17-2012, 05:09 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,543,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
of course we don't have to ask what would happen if the races were reversed. seems occurances like this are happening way more frequently yet not a peep from the mainstream media. this must be another Romney conspiracy.

Police: Man attacked because teens 'were just bored' | Cincinnati.com | cincinnati.com
Race bait thread by someone who could be on Stormfront as well. While I think the boys are scum for this happening, there's no evidence to suggest that they would have let a black guy just walk by in the same situation or that the guy was beat up, only because he was white.
Fail, OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies