Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 02:46 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,971,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I'm not on it. It probably won't exists when I reach retirement age in 20 years. I don't care if you insult FDR. I would consider him one of the 3 worst Presidents in U.S history along with LBJ and Obama. They all did the most to expand the welfare state and I cannot despise them enough for it.
I guess you are not a historian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2012, 02:47 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,323,131 times
I pay Social Security and supposedly my money is invested FOR me, therefore, I should get it back. If you want to talk about something that is not fair, talk about welfare.

Old 07-27-2012, 02:49 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,835,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I guess you are not a historian.
OK which Presidents expanded welfare more than those 3?

Old 07-27-2012, 02:51 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,835,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
I pay Social Security and supposedly my money is invested FOR me, therefore, I should get it back. If you want to talk about something that is not fair, talk about welfare.
I agree. Social Security should never be lumped in with welfare. People are forced to contribute to SS..

Old 07-27-2012, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
OK which Presidents expanded welfare more than those 3?
I think it went over your head. Must be the desert heat. Historians put FDR as in the top 3 best presidents; therefore, you must not be a historian. Get it. O.K.

Historical rankings of Presidents of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 07-27-2012, 03:13 PM

19,023 posts, read 26,007,942 times
Most Historians are Democrates. FDR robbed us all of reaL money......... Hotair when was the last silver certificate made and how many do you have? That was the last vestige of money and even that wasn't real, since there was never a Silver Standard. The next notes we got were in fact printed by the US Tres. called United States Notes and I have one... Then came the fedral reserve which isn'[t even a PRESS OWNED BY THE GOVT.

Unless your very close to 60 chance are you never once in your life held a dollar. I agrre with Jay, FDR, Johnson, and Obama are the worst of the worst and the Kennedy's are runner up. Obama hasn't done a thing worth the doing and none of his hench men have either......

It's just too bad Mitt must follow the lead and i hope he can do it, but I have my doubts..

Old 07-27-2012, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Most Historians are Democrates. FDR robbed us all of reaL money......... Hotair when was the last silver certificate made and how many do you have? That was the last vestige of money and even that wasn't real, since there was never a Silver Standard. The next notes we got were in fact printed by the US Tres. called United States Notes and I have one... Then came the fedral reserve which isn'[t even a PRESS OWNED BY THE GOVT.

Unless your very close to 60 chance are you never once in your life held a dollar. I agrre with Jay, FDR, Johnson, and Obama are the worst of the worst and the Kennedy's are runner up. Obama hasn't done a thing worth the doing and none of his hench men have either......

It's just too bad Mitt must follow the lead and i hope he can do it, but I have my doubts..
Of course, if someone disagrees with you they must be a democrat. Forget the fact that their whole life has been spent studying history.

Old 07-27-2012, 03:43 PM

What is history? Once at Ft Ticonderoga there were scalpes in the display cases, but these have all been removed and trhe play of the day for history is the Ft Ti was always just a nice place to have a picknic!

The 15,000 dead from one battle alone mean nothing to anyone any more.

Same thing at gettysburg.... just a nice place to have a sandwich....

Next thing you will tell me is Hitler was a nice guy and the german peiople wanted a gun ban....

If you can tell me anything Obama has done to improve the lot of the Nation and there is room to agree and i do I will be astonished.

And you didn't say if you ever held a real dollar once in your life did you?

If you spent a life time in study of history it seems you wasted a life time.

Do you do Taft, Cleveland and etc as well? Wanna be Custer?

Old 07-27-2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
What is history? Once at Ft Ticonderoga there were scalpes in the display cases, but these have all been removed and trhe play of the day for history is the Ft Ti was always just a nice place to have a picknic!

The 15,000 dead from one battle alone mean nothing to anyone any more.

Same thing at gettysburg.... just a nice place to have a sandwich....

Next thing you will tell me is Hitler was a nice guy and the german peiople wanted a gun ban....

If you can tell me anything Obama has done to improve the lot of the Nation and there is room to agree and i do I will be astonished.

And you didn't say if you ever held a real dollar once in your life did you?

If you spent a life time in study of history it seems you wasted a life time.

Do you do Taft, Cleveland and etc as well? Wanna be Custer?
What? FDRCare, there back on topic.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:13 PM

FDR care - SS and the loss of the gold std.... You ever hold a real dollar?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies