Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 07:28 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,424,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
Do us all a favor, please and tell us what you think those words mean if it doesn't mean government and religion are to be separate

Don't bother. They think that all it means is that the government can't run a church.

Too bad for them a couple hundred years of jurisprudence and constitutional interpretation states otherwise.

Guess the framers should have been more specific, but it begs the question: What kind of allegedly freedom-loving person would WANT or ALLOW itself to be governed by Church principals backed by the full force of the law?

Answer: Emotionally handicapped and weak-willed people who need an extra incentive and government threat of punishment to stay out of trouble with god. So very sad, really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 07:36 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,755,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Truth of the matter is that some gays are horrible and evil people as are some lesbians horrible and evil people. They are people. Some are good and caring wonderful people but some are horrible and evil as well. Being gay does not make you a Saint.
And, by the same token, neither does being heterosexual make anyone a saint. And since no living person can be considered a saint, methinks no person should be judging the life of another.

Old 06-27-2012, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I still don't care. Yes it should be legal. Gays are equal citizens.

Again, leave us alone because most of us are sick of the subject.
Guess what? Those of us who fight for equality for all citizens are getting pretty sick of the subject, too. But, until that equality is achieved, we will keep fighting for it because we find it to be important. My only hope right now is that equality is achieved before I die, so that I can then live a couple of more years without fighting this battle. And I know my GLBT friends would like not to have to fight about this every day any more.

Old 06-27-2012, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
One more post on the subject. I predict they will never be happy. As soon as marriage is legal for them they will immediately file a lawsuit against the Catholic Church so they can be married there as well, then the Baptist ect. It will never end.
Nope. Won't happen. You know why? Because in this country the government does not tell the churches what to believe. Thus the government does not tell churches they have to perform any marriage. For instance, the Catholic Church will not perform a marriage between a Catholic and a non-Catholic. Most Jewish temples will not perform a marriage between a Jew and a non-Jew. In both those instances, the "non" must convert before the church or temple will perform a marriage ceremony.

Old 06-27-2012, 08:06 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,794,233 times
I have said this before "just because I do not like it doesn't mean it's Wrong". I possess few kind thoughts of Homosexuals Propaganda but I am willing and want to learn of the culture as well the truth behind their genetic breakdown.

Presently I do not believe one is born Gay.
If so would it than be considered a Genetic Disease or mutation? Like any disease should they attempt to find a cure or treatment. Would Homsexuals be outrage with the ideal of treatment/therapy?

Only my questions nothing Malice!

Lastly, I believe Homosexuals have every right to marry and possess benefits any married couple is afforded, period!

Old 06-27-2012, 08:46 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,330,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
Nope. Won't happen. You know why? Because in this country the government does not tell the churches what to believe. Thus the government does not tell churches they have to perform any marriage. For instance, the Catholic Church will not perform a marriage between a Catholic and a non-Catholic. Most Jewish temples will not perform a marriage between a Jew and a non-Jew. In both those instances, the "non" must convert before the church or temple will perform a marriage ceremony.
I must say that in all the debates I've ever participated in regarding gay marriage, I've never run into someone who believed houses of worship should be forced to do anything against their belief system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies