Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 04:44 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,184,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You can't mean this. The GOP wants to privatize Social Security (you should be hearing alarm bells), cut what's left of public services, cut back on abortion rights, ban the morning-after pill, continue tax breaks for the wealthy thereby continuing to undermine the economy, and basically sound the death knell for the economy. Forget about access to health care.
Back when you could opt out of social security, 3 texas counties privatized their own social security, after withdrawing from federal social security. Their retirement funds are at least paying 2x more to each person, than they would have recieved being in federal social security. And their death benefits are over 255 times greater.

How Three Texas Counties Created Personal Social Security Accounts and Prospered - Forbes

Last edited by Darkatt; 06-16-2012 at 04:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2012, 04:47 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,989,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I know....but he's not changing his stances. The fact is he did come out against the Dream Act and he did come out against this. He didn't come out against this very strongly, but he at least sort of did, and it's not the Dream Act anyway.

I don't fault him for carefully choosing what he says as he's trying to appeal to a different audience. That's politics. I hate it, but it's what candidates have to do.
Not avoiding answering, but have to go the family just pulled into the driveway. I have to go do some of those liberal hate america activities with my wife and two children like eat at Outback Steak House. That is where all of us liberals get together to plot the destruction of the u.s.

Old 06-16-2012, 04:49 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,520,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Not avoiding answering, but have to go the family just pulled into the driveway. I have to go do some of those liberal hate america activities with my wife and two children like eat at Outback Steak House. That is where all of us liberals get together to plot the destruction of the u.s.
LOL...

Have a good evening.

Old 06-16-2012, 04:50 PM

45,812 posts, read 61,217,271 times
Quote:
I hear they have good salads and other vegan fare.

Old 06-16-2012, 04:52 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,967,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michman1968 View Post
See this is why people think I am far right. Because this is the dumbest post to say Obama is a conserve. He has spent and spent and spent like crazy.

Its post like these that always have me being the big meanie and say people that are liberals make no damb sense at all.

We have not had a true conserve President in 100 yrs
Obama has "acted" conservative-republican so far. Doesn't mean that he IS a conservative - get it?
Obama has continued repub policies - including spending.
If you are saying today's repubs are not traditional conservatives, I have said that over and over. So whats your point?
BTW your response is emotional, repub Presidents from Reagan back were conservatives, so you must explain why we must go back 100 years. Why was Eisenhower not a conservative?

Old 06-16-2012, 04:52 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,520,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I hear they have good salads and other vegan fare.
The salad I usually get there (and I eat there pretty rarely, so I'm not that familiar with the menu, but I think it's their house salad) has bacon and blue cheese, so possibly even their house salad isn't acceptable for liberals. No good liberal would ever eat there.

Old 06-16-2012, 04:54 PM

61 posts, read 40,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Obama has "acted" conservative-republican so far. Doesn't mean that he IS a conservative - get it?
Obama has continued repub policies - including spending.
If you are saying today's repubs are not traditional conservatives, I have said that over and over. So whats your point?
BTW your response is emotional, repub Presidents from Reagan back were conservatives, so you must explain why we must go back 100 years. Why was Eisenhower not a conservative?

Can't be a fiscal conserve with all the money being fake.

Every President has thier little pet projects that they want to have be thier legacy and that does nothing but cost the taxpayer money

Old 06-16-2012, 04:56 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,967,745 times
Quote:
Not the commie Outback! Typical *******. They do not have a Republican lard menu (I checked)!

Old 06-16-2012, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
The salad I usually get there (and I eat there pretty rarely, so I'm not that familiar with the menu, but I think it's their house salad) has bacon and blue cheese, so possibly even their house salad isn't acceptable for liberals. No good liberal would ever eat there.
All right. I have a few minutes while my wife gets ready. Funny. I would love to be a vegan, but I like meat too much. The next thing you guys are going to say is that no good liberal man would be married to a woman. The hits keep on coming.

Old 06-16-2012, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Not the commie Outback! Typical *******. They do not have a Republican lard menu (I checked)!
Haha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies