Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 03:11 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,922,157 times

Advertisements

Ask if they encourage hiring for diversity in the NBA or the NFL....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2012, 04:05 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,543,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
LOL...... The people in this discussion who's arguments would imply that minorities could not be the best qualified is those supporting hiring them based on their skin color. I'm fully aware they could be the best qualified, there is absolutely no reason they should get special consideration based on the color of their skin.

Are you of the opinion we need quotas for minorities because they couldn't be the best qualified or is your opinion the same as mine that we simply hire the best qualified for the job regardless of race?
You don't mean that. In yours and all conservatives minds,best qualified would always = white. Its written in the statements you make.
Let me ask you to be honest,what do you think when you see a black person in a position of power in any area? Do you think hum I bet they are the best qualified or does something else cross your mind?

Old 06-02-2012, 04:08 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,308,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
We have a racist President...who cares?
So why don't you support him???

Old 06-02-2012, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
So why don't you support him???
Because he's an awful President.

Old 06-02-2012, 04:12 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,784,766 times
Quote:
Ask if they encourage hiring for diversity in the NBA or the NFL....
Or the NHL

Old 06-02-2012, 04:12 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,912,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
You don't mean that. In yours and all conservatives minds,best qualified would always = white. Its written in the statements you make.
Let me ask you to be honest,what do you think when you see a black person in a position of power in any area? Do you think hum I bet they are the best qualified or does something else cross your mind?
the best person for any job is not always white, contrary to what you think about us republicans. for instance i think that the best candidate that the republicans put up in the primary was herman cain, and had he been on the ballot i would have voted for him over mit romney.

also contrary to what democrats and liberals think, i dont judge people based on skin color, but rather their actions and their character. when i worked at shenandoah national park the best cooks we had were black. also two of the best cashiers we had were black, as well as the best servers we had were black.

Old 06-02-2012, 04:21 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,144,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
There is nothing you will find in anything I've posted here or elsewhere that even remotely resembles what you're suggesting or are you a mind reader?

Take a look in the mirror, what you see is the primary reason for bad race relation in this country.

Quote:
Do you think hum I bet they are the best qualified or does something else cross your mind?
I only judge people on their actions. .

Old 06-02-2012, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Or the NHL
How many black kids do you know that ice skate??? I can count the ones I know on no hands and feet.....

Old 06-02-2012, 04:24 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,308,996 times
Quote:
How many black kids do you know that ice skate??? I can count the ones I know on no hands and feet.....
Excluding the guy you run into in the hallway, how many Blacks do you know period? You can probably count them on one hand.

Old 06-02-2012, 04:24 PM

33,594 posts, read 18,220,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Democrats don't elect or appoint black supremacist. Why do Republicans put up with this crap?
Obama is a black liberation theology believer. Their belief is the rich whites are the devil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies