Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 03:35 PM

15,851 posts, read 35,315,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
To all the people on here who called us tin foil hat wearers, kooks, etc., read on:

Students in Texas to be monitored with microchips — RT
They'd be better off requiring them to download an app on their phone that tracks them. Most of those kids aren't going to remember their "card" from one day to the next.

It's just a very short jump from requiring them to carry a "card" to implants.

I predict a lot of new homeschooling in Bexar County Texas soon.

20yrsinBranson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2012, 03:36 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,174,132 times
Use to be that you got a SS # when you got your first job to track your life time earnings for retirement. Now newborn babies must have a SS # for ID and tax fraud purposes. Just wait, and this is a tin foil hat prediction, someone will suggest a microchip implant in new born babies ear, just like you dog can get, not merely for ID puposes but also for tracking, like a GPS. The government will use the 'it's for your safety' manta and the sheeple will say 'oh, OK'.

Old 05-26-2012, 03:39 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,978,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 Letter Crap Spreader View Post
I would put my chip on the janitors cleaning cart and watch them run around the school looking for me as he wheels it around.
"OMG..student so and so just left the building. Quick, go send someone to the dumpsters out back."
"Oh wait..he just came back into the school."

ROFL.

And I imagine they would have to hire a bunch of folks just to monitor the systems that record the tracking..right ? And they say Texas has school budget problems .....

Old 05-26-2012, 03:42 PM

14,490 posts, read 26,711,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Do you all really think this issue will not end up in the courts? Do you really think all the parents of these students are going to be pleased with this project and not challenge it?

The American Civil Liberties Union fought the use of the technology in 2005 at a rural elementary school in California and helped get the program canceled, said Kirsten Bokenkamp, an ACLU spokeswoman in Texas.[LEFT]
Read more: Students will be tracked via chips in IDs - San Antonio Express-News
[/LEFT]
excellent post.

Many liberals and Independents are against this issue.

Old 05-26-2012, 03:46 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,550,822 times
Many fellow-Texans will not tolerate this. Dig the article at the SA paper. One concern already a concern there in that district is,

GASP, what if the TEACHERS are next?!!

Old 05-26-2012, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Many fellow-Texans will not tolerate this. Dig the article at the SA paper. One concern already a concern there in that district is,

GASP, what if the TEACHERS are next?!!
I saw that. It's all ok for the students, but NOT the teachers or administration. Hrm..they should chip them all if they are going to chip.
Then we'll see how well that goes over.

Old 05-26-2012, 03:52 PM

27,953 posts, read 16,490,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
To be honest, I do not think this is a left-right issue. There are still a lot of liberals that value freedom who I am sure will speak out about this.
Absolutely NOT a left right issue. The left right crap is a real nice distraction.

Old 05-26-2012, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Absolutely NOT a left right issue. The left right crap is a real nice distraction.
I definitely agree. It's more them vs us.
I don't like the way this country is going with the drones, TSA, RFID, military gear/equipment to local LE.

What are "they" so afraid of ?

Old 05-26-2012, 03:58 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,550,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I saw that. It's all ok for the students, but NOT the teachers or administration. Hrm..they should chip them all if they are going to chip.
Then we'll see how well that goes over.

Oh, heck yeah you got that right! After all, they said it's for lost revenue and the safety of the children. Surely, the children's safety is the top reason.
Therefore, chip the teachers as they do fear, because even ONE teacher that sexually abuses a student is one too many, Right?

This is Texas, the land of a half-billion unregistered guns. The majority of parents, and grandparents are NOT going to take this. Especially the boomer grandparents because they/we weren't as blatantly brainwashed for marxism and govt. obedience as the younger ones.

Old 05-26-2012, 04:01 PM

13,620 posts, read 12,809,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
If you've ever worked in the schools....the kids lose those ID cards quite often and quite frequently. I don't know how they will keep up.
Some of those kids can't hold on to their pencils for a full day nevermind keep that ID card on them everyday for the entire school year.
Good luck with that one.
thats why in the future implantation will be the prefered method..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies