Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 05:35 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,329,658 times

Advertisements

Amazing.

Sending a message to other kids it is ok to be a druggie, trouble maker and punch school bus drivers.

Rewarding kids for bad behavior is wrong and the reason for the decline of the American family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2012, 05:36 PM

1,332 posts, read 996,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Why anyone, especially an elementary school, would TOUCH such a controversial subject points to stupidity, nothing noble about that.

Well...let's face it...this wasn't the KIDS idea...this was a liberal administrator or a liberal teacher who decided that making a political statement under the guise of a dedication day.

Sad that they can use such a venue to make such statements publicly....and SURELY to be on the news.

they should NOT be allowed to do it by the Superintendant of the school district. They are making a HERO out of a kid who could turn out to be a thug. Then what?

Old 05-25-2012, 05:43 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,481,508 times
Actually, it was something that got out of hand. It was originally meant to discuss violence in general but somehow became this. This falls on the Principal who, coincidentally, had to leave early because the death threats coming in were clogging the school phone lines.

Last edited by btsilver; 05-25-2012 at 05:55 PM..

Old 05-26-2012, 06:44 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,294,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
Well...let's face it...this wasn't the KIDS idea...this was a liberal administrator or a liberal teacher who decided that making a political statement under the guise of a dedication day.

Sad that they can use such a venue to make such statements publicly....and SURELY to be on the news.

they should NOT be allowed to do it by the Superintendant of the school district. They are making a HERO out of a kid who could turn out to be a thug. Then what?
Politic indoctrination is wrong, indoctrinate them in reading, writing and the times tables and see how much better that goes.

Old 05-26-2012, 06:47 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,294,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
I swear, for people that claim that they don't bring up race, they sure do bring up race a lot. Anyway, lets at least not pretend that Trayvon was burglarizing a house the night he died or that he was doing anything illegal. The kid was simply walking home which somehow made an armed grown man scared enough to get out of his safe truck against the instruction of law enforcement, corner the kid, get his ass whipped as he should have and resort to shooting the kid because his ego got the better of him....oh yeah, I wouldn't have trayvon martin day either. I find it silly.
Physical evidence backs Zimmerman as the victim.
Indoctrination politically of these kids in using Martin is ridiculous and close to criminal IMO.

Old 05-27-2012, 01:52 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,449,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
DC is at least 70 percent black.
Yeah maybe 20 years ago, it's not even majority Black anymore.

Old 05-27-2012, 07:08 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,175,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
the principal had to leave early because she was receiving death threats all day from across the country on something that was blown out of proportion.
I don't think it was blown out of proportion.

Not a person here knows with 100% certainty, what happened. The fact that this school is having a trayvon martin day without knowing whatever it is that happened is ludicrous.

It sends the wrong message in a number of ways, not the least one being, HE could have been the aggressor.

Zimmerman will have his day in court, but in all honesty, he has been in court, since the incident.

Old 05-27-2012, 07:14 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,964,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Trayvon Martin Day declared at D.C. elementary school | WJLA.com

So bring your burglary tools, jewelry you can't account for, have plenty of drugs and don't forget to go deface public property.
Lastly and I do mean lastly, go jump that armed citizen!

***RIDICULOUS***
Just so that I don't appear to be the stupid one, could you please post a reliable news site that stated Travon Martin on the day of his death possessed the following items.

Burglary Tools
Unaccounted Jewelry
Drugs
Tools needed to deface public property.

Just so that I don't appear to be the stupid one?

Old 05-27-2012, 11:42 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,471,192 times
I will not bring up race. However one looks at this case, and which side you agree with. Both families, will be scared, and have already suffered a great deal, both families.

Lets let all of the facts and nothing but true facts come out in a court of law, before rushing to any judgement.

As far as a special day, What about all others who have died as he did, have they gotten a speical day!

And is he really deserving of this day.

Old 05-27-2012, 11:50 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,695,848 times
whats wrong with it, if they requested it they can have it.. they have purple day against bullying against gays at my mom's school and i'm sure everyone isn't in favor of gays even though they are people too. i mean we have christopher columbus day and what are you really celebrating, the genocide of people and the taking of america? so i mean anyone can have a day really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies