Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 08:48 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,458,221 times

Advertisements

I think it's slightly strange that he keeps being introduced by the media as "the blind Chinese activist." Um, do we introduce Michael Bloomberg as "the blind NYC mayor" every time he pops up in the media?

ETA: I just realized I confused Michael Bloomberg and David Paterson, lol. Forgive me!

Last edited by nimchimpsky; 05-04-2012 at 09:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2012, 08:57 AM

15,526 posts, read 10,491,591 times
He sounds schitzo to me too. Just another goofball immigrant that might end up living on my tax money.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:02 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,920,640 times
Thread fail.......

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ime-china.html

Old 05-04-2012, 09:04 AM

2,312 posts, read 3,664,074 times
Just another country dumping their problem on us

Old 05-04-2012, 09:04 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,666,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
I think it's slightly strange that he keeps being introduced by the media as "the blind Chinese activist." Um, do we introduce Michael Bloomberg as "the blind NYC mayor" every time he pops up in the media?
Probably not since Bloomie isn't blind.

Good grief! Where do people come from and where do they get their ridiculous ideas?

Old 05-04-2012, 09:12 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,358,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Psssssssssssssstttttttttttttttttttt: Romney isn't President. Yet.

As to the OP question: I don't care.

And just think...if Huntsman were still in the race, the *******s would try to blame him.

Pitiful.
Huntsman was actually the only one in the running I cared for but I guess your little conservitard mind likes making baseless allegations.

Ain't it fun throwin' mud?

Old 05-04-2012, 09:13 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,358,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
The USA is wiretapping citizens without warrants, assassinating US citizens on the President's word alone with no judicial oversight, imprisoning US citizens without trial for 5 years, political elites are able to break laws without consequence, the FBI entraps citizens with plots they come up with and fund.

.....and China is a crappy country because of Communism....LOL
And all on the 42nd Anniversary of the US shooting its own protestors

Old 05-04-2012, 09:14 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,458,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Probably not since Bloomie isn't blind.

Good grief! Where do people come from and where do they get their ridiculous ideas?
Sorry I confused Bloomberg and Paterson for a moment because I just woke up and they are both NY politicians...

Old 05-04-2012, 09:34 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,257,316 times
Just another example of our country giving a **** about everyone else except its own citizens in its own country. So tired of it. We make a big deal and take care of everyone else, yet its almost hell here for things to get done and solved for the problems of the citizens here on this soil. Remember, we send help to other countries once tragedy strikes right away, yet it took days to get help to New Orleans when Katrina struck. I guess helping out others is more important worldly PR than it is to help out your own tax payers.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:42 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,255,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Apparently not too many on these boards do and that's certainly understandable. I've been trying to figure out why what happens to this guy is such a bg deal. The government is concerned. The media is concerned. I just don't see what the big deal is about. Why make such an issue about it and make it sound like what happens to him is so important to our government and China's. Who cares? China has thousands of dissidents who get beaten and jailed and get pushed around. China's a crappy country. Its a shame but thats communism for you. I feel bad for the guy. I feel bad for all of them. But how did this guy rise from complete obscurity just a month ago to become a major pawn in some kind of trumped up game of chess between two superpowers? Why do they want us to care?
Let me guess.... he gets released and Obama declares it a major political coup and we're all supposed to be impressed with what a great leader he is. Or the guy gets arrested and tossed in prison and Obama is then made to look weak and unable to handle world affairs. No matter what happens it doesn't matter because the poor guy is completely irrelevant. I don't care what happens to him. I'd like him to be released or at least not abused but its not like he's any more or less important than anybody else in China that hates their oppressive government. Why single him out above the thousands of others just like him?
This just seems a big to do over absolutely nothing and the media is going hand in hand along with the government to try to make us care. Well, I don't care. And I suspect the majority of americans don't either.
I care, and was in tears....the guy went to the U.S. Embassy for safety and sanctuary, you have no idea how horrible the Chinese Government is...and if we fear anyone, we should fear them, they are not only a brutal communist government, but very strong....
The people in our Embassy, talked him into going back, and told him they would have his back. Meanwhile, the Chinese government, beat his wife...and threatened to kill his entire family...
This is not a big to do over nothing...and if you were in another country, had problems and went to the U.S. government, and they abandoned you, you'd feel totally different. Obviously, not to many people understand what really went on, or do they know the whole story...the man is blind...

[LEFT]our administration willingly or unwittingly communicated to Chen an implicit threat to his family. And also probably sped up, or may have sped up, the process of his decision to leave the embassy because they wanted to move on to a series of discussions that Mr. Geithner and our secretary of state are planning on having with China.”

Read more: Mitt Romney: Chen Guangcheng episode 'day of shame' for Obama - Reid J. Epstein - POLITICO.com

In other words, and in laymens terms, Chen was denied amnisty, b/c we were in discussions with China and didn't want to upset them. The U.S. Embassey, said, they would definately be with him when he returned, so he returned and they left immediately.

I'm embarrassed that we credit more in international affairs, and deals more then we value life.

And shame on you, and everyone else who feels the way you do and do not care, b/c someday, we will need help and help won't be there. This man and his family, children, mother and father are human beings, just as we are, and what Obama did, once more of the media got hold of this story was try to use Chen to boost his favors....

What Mitt Romney said yesterday, and I don't like him much either, was also a political pull, but I'm glad he said it...and agree with him...the U.S. should be embarrassed....Just b/c the man and his family is Chinese and live in that awful country, doesn't make him any less important then you.

The Culture in America is deplorable....the younger generation coming up is deplorable in they're way of thinking...it's all about #1 and how many people we can screw to get rich...there is a huge loss of compassion, and care for human beings...it's all about the money, period.

What has happened to morals, concern, compassion and general respect for other folks and what the CEO's are doing to people to get to where they are....?
Greed, corruption and a total lack of compassion for human life...and none of you have a clue at what is really going on here....

I cannot believe so many people don't care....
Yanno, there is this thing called Karma, what you do, what you say and how you act, will someday turn around to take a great big bite outa you

When I say you in this post, I'm using it in general and not to the OP personally....[/LEFT]

I can understand why some of you feel the way you do, but this man can't help it our government is a bunch of wealthy, none caring fat old men. It's all politics to them and they don't care about anyone who is struggling or in danger.

I bet most of you don't even know the whole story?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies