Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 03:10 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,368,535 times

Advertisements

He (and his family) will get the full protection under the law in China that is allowed.

Goodbye Mr. Chen. I am very sorry for the loss of your family.

Hillary Clinton, you incompetent fool, get out of politics and government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2012, 06:30 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
She was probably out drunk and partying again like her last trip on the taxpayer dime.

she probably just had some female interns over the night before and was a bit tired.

give ole hildebeast a chance.

Old 05-03-2012, 06:41 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Hillary's approval ratings are quite high. In fact, I'm sure they're much higher than George W. Bush's approval ratings.

Notice that the same people who hate Hillary also hate Obama, and probably hate all Democrats. My guess is that they're not very stable people.
Approval ratings? Give me a break.

Do you have any idea how peoples opinions are formed?

It is well accepted that the vast majority of the media is left leaning.

IF the left leaning media puts out stories favorable to the left politicians, "opinions" will be "favorable" to those politicians..

The reverse is also true. If the media puts out negative articles, the polls will reflect a negative result.

if the left media started reporting that in fact, Mickey Mouse was a rat and a poll was done six months down the road, many "polled' would say he was a rat.

Your own posting is an example. You bring up Bush in a negative manner when he has nothing to do with issue at hand. Some with a left leaning will read it and think, "Yes" and it will add to the other negative things they have read.

Peoples opinions are formed by what they are told.

Old 05-03-2012, 06:50 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Oh wah wah wah.

The OP has had a bug up his arse about Hillary since the 2008 election. Some severely Clinton Derangement Syndrome type stuff.

Sounds like this China deal is the result of a lot of miscommunication. Did the guy want asylum in the US? Or to stay in China? Seems to be conflicting stories. What has actually transpired seems to be the best solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Article
Many experts had doubted after Mr. Chen sought American protection that the Chinese authorities would discuss the terms of a Chinese citizen’s rights under Chinese law with the United States, and that the standoff over his case could persist for a long time. Outlining the terms, American officials said the Chinese had agreed Mr. Chen could leave his home province, where he had suffered repeated abuses, and move to one of seven cities chosen by the two sides to study law.

A self-educated lawyer, Mr. Chen indicated he wanted to study law at Tianjin, a city about 40 minutes from Beijing, they said. The Americans pledged to find funds for Mr. Chen’s tuition and family expenses from private sources.

The Chinese also pledged to investigate the Shandong provincial authorities and their harsh treatment of Mr. Chen, something he was most anxious about, the American officials said.
So it sounds like Mr. Chen's case is actually one of the first times China has even considered doing what they are now doing (to consider the rights of dissidents IN China, to remain IN China, with protections). THAT in and of itself, is a VICTORY.

As usual, the ones kvetching the most are Republicans (not exactly known for deftness in diplomacy) and Clinton haters.

Seems to me like an awful lot of resources are being wasted on one guy in China. If the OP, Republicans, Mr. Chen, or WHOEVER doesn't like what the US is, or can, do for him... then next time he should find his way to the Canadian embassy and give it a shot there.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:01 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
He (and his family) will get the full protection under the law in China that is allowed.

Goodbye Mr. Chen. I am very sorry for the loss of your family.

Hillary Clinton, you incompetent fool, get out of politics and government.
Well said.

The liberals adoring Hillary remind me of that story about the emperor with no clothes. They see splendor when there is none at all.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:06 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Well said.

The liberals adoring Hillary remind me of that story about the emperor with no clothes. They see splendor when there is none at all.

Looks like Mr. Chen couldn't make up his mind.

I'm sure if they flighted him off to America, Brietbart would be posting a story about how all he wanted to do was to remain in China and practice law, but Hillary Clinton couldn't make that happen for him!

What an incompetent wench!

Old 05-03-2012, 07:14 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Given the post make by "ARTICLE" the outcome of having China follow their own Law is indeed a victory for everyone including the Chinese. It appears the man and his family will be able to move to a place where he can formally study law and eventually earn his living at that trade.

So what is the problem with this that the RWNJ's are so vigorously protesting?

Old 05-03-2012, 07:16 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,939,042 times
Ah yes what she should have done was tell the Country that owns $1.2 Trillion of our debt to **** off and whisk him away on a G6 to the US with his family to start living the American Dream right?

I don't know what Chen stated he wanted and honestly I don't care. If he ends up being brought to the US then every Dissident, protester and rebel in the world will assume that as long as it's on CNN that if they make their way to an American Embassy then they could get a free pass into the US as well.

Is the life of this one guy really more important than our entire relationship with China? Really?

Old 05-03-2012, 10:07 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
What an embarassment this woman is. Clearly out of her depth, bleating shallow feminist craopla every chance she gets, while the Chinese make her look like a fool.
Judging by the best known facts of the situation, and after having read your whine ... I don't think it's Hillary who has embarassed herself. Take a look in the mirror in your bathroom to see who is, to whom.

Old 05-03-2012, 12:18 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post

Is the life of this one guy really more important than our entire relationship with China? Really?
Absolutely not.

[Chen overestimated his value]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies