Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 04:15 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,806,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Newsflash: Bush isn't in office.
My comparison is still relevant.

Quote:
Why on earth do people insert Bush into every post they can think of? Talk about unstable.....

Man, I'm so glad I'm not one of them.
And I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Approval ratings? Give me a break.

Do you have any idea how peoples opinions are formed?

It is well accepted that the vast majority of the media is left leaning.

IF the left leaning media puts out stories favorable to the left politicians, "opinions" will be "favorable" to those politicians..
Then why are Romney's likability ratings so low? The media has given him more positive press than Obama.

Media Favored Romney Over Obama During GOP Primaries: Study - The Daily Beast
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2012, 04:37 PM

48,493 posts, read 97,333,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Hillary's approval ratings are quite high. In fact, I'm sure they're much higher than George W. Bush's approval ratings.

Notice that the same people who hate Hillary also hate Obama, and probably hate all Democrats. My guess is that they're not very stable people.
You have to be kidding. Is its Bush's afult the only thing liberals can point to when they have failures?If so it a good reason we need to get rid of those who can't lead and only fail and have excuses.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:57 PM

29,980 posts, read 43,151,768 times
Quote:
Mr. Chen later said his decision to give up American protection had not been fully voluntary.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/03/wo...hina.html?_r=1

Shameful. Lady McBeth strikes again!

Activist Chen Guangcheng: Let Me Leave China on Hillary Clinton
Quote:
At the embassy, Chen said he came under tremendous pressure from American officials—“not those from the embassy but others “—to leave the diplomatic facility as quickly as possible. From the very beginning, he said, the assumption was that he would stay in China. “I had no information, I got no phone calls from friends, I was isolated,” he told me, his voice trembling. “Then I heard about the threat that my wife would be sent back home to Shandong if I didn’t leave the embassy. So I left.”
If you read the story you'll see that Mr. Chen's wife was tied up and beaten after he left the embassy and was in the hospital.

Somehow I doubt Jon Huntsman would have blundered away this man's life.

Flashback to Hillary spiking the football:
Clinton on Qaddafi: "We came, we saw, he died" - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Old 05-03-2012, 11:29 PM

15,678 posts, read 10,702,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
What an embarassment this woman is. Clearly out of her depth, bleating shallow feminist craopla every chance she gets, while the Chinese make her look like a fool.

Remember this story when she comes asking for -- make that demanding -- your vote for President in 2016...

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/03/wo...ing-china.html

Maybe three straight incompetent females in a row at State are sufficient...
The president has overall responsibility for the foreign policy of the United States. If you don't like the three female Secretaries of State, then blame Clinton, Bush and Obama.

Old 05-04-2012, 12:14 AM

23,662 posts, read 17,653,356 times
Didn't Hillary's hubby, Bill make the Marines go in and take the boy who was here from Cuba and ship him back? Seems like it's happening again. If the commies tell them you better do as we say, then they do. Sad.

Old 05-04-2012, 12:46 AM

380 posts, read 378,623 times
You all really believe Mrs. Clinton's calling the shots on this or on any major foreign policy decisions? Don't be naive.

Old 05-04-2012, 12:48 AM

11,448 posts, read 14,537,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
What an embarassment this woman is.
Yes that's why her approval rating is sky high right now. Obviously you're in the minority.

Old 05-04-2012, 05:59 AM

24,552 posts, read 23,300,098 times
Default That Blind Chinese Activist.. Who Cares?

Apparently not too many on these boards do and that's certainly understandable. I've been trying to figure out why what happens to this guy is such a bg deal. The government is concerned. The media is concerned. I just don't see what the big deal is about. Why make such an issue about it and make it sound like what happens to him is so important to our government and China's. Who cares? China has thousands of dissidents who get beaten and jailed and get pushed around. China's a crappy country. Its a shame but thats communism for you. I feel bad for the guy. I feel bad for all of them. But how did this guy rise from complete obscurity just a month ago to become a major pawn in some kind of trumped up game of chess between two superpowers? Why do they want us to care?
Let me guess.... he gets released and Obama declares it a major political coup and we're all supposed to be impressed with what a great leader he is. Or the guy gets arrested and tossed in prison and Obama is then made to look weak and unable to handle world affairs. No matter what happens it doesn't matter because the poor guy is completely irrelevant. I don't care what happens to him. I'd like him to be released or at least not abused but its not like he's any more or less important than anybody else in China that hates their oppressive government. Why single him out above the thousands of others just like him?
This just seems a big to do over absolutely nothing and the media is going hand in hand along with the government to try to make us care. Well, I don't care. And I suspect the majority of americans don't either.

Old 05-04-2012, 06:02 AM

13,186 posts, read 15,054,819 times
The USA is wiretapping citizens without warrants, assassinating US citizens on the President's word alone with no judicial oversight, imprisoning US citizens without trial for 5 years, political elites are able to break laws without consequence, the FBI entraps citizens with plots they come up with and fund.

.....and China is a crappy country because of Communism....LOL

Old 05-04-2012, 06:27 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,961,086 times
AP is reporting Chen has fellowship at an American Univ and the China Govt looks like they will allow he and family to come to the US. FOX already spinning and trying to save some Romney face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies