Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2012, 01:57 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,099,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
Oh...you mean Texas tea? Had to look it up. So are unkidding or is there some news to that effect. Please don't pile on.
No, I'm talking about a beverage called "purple drank" or "lean". It's got it's own page on Wikipedia, check it out sometime.

Old 05-29-2012, 02:05 PM

812 posts, read 596,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
No, I'm talking about a beverage called "purple drank" or "lean". It's got it's own page on Wikipedia, check it out sometime.
I did Wikipedia also mentions it as Texas tea made from candy, cough syrup, sprite etc or something alongthose lines. So are you kidding or you have some news. Let's don't beat up on Trayvon.

Old 05-29-2012, 02:32 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,418,164 times
there is no news about this. It's the theory of some blogger from Brietbart. Suncc49 posted a link already in this thread. It's more gossip and speculation.

Reminder. Trayvon Martin will NOT be on trial in this case. The defendant is George Zimmerman.

Old 05-29-2012, 02:37 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,693,991 times
Quote:
I'm not sure if anyone is aware of the new details, but it seems like there is a possibility that St. Tray might have been getting his "lean" on, if you know what I mean.

And by "lean", I mean "purple drank".
Indeed, and it's my understanding that the druggies use skittles and/or jolly ranchers to sweeten the stuff.

Uh, oh!

It's all over the place. Some folks have blinders on.

Old 05-29-2012, 03:02 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,953,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
there is no news about this. It's the theory of some blogger from Brietbart. Suncc49 posted a link already in this thread. It's more gossip and speculation.

Reminder. Trayvon Martin will NOT be on trial in this case. The defendant is George Zimmerman.
It wouldn't matter to some of these people if George Zimmerman turned out to be a serial killer. All they care about is demonizing Trayvon, even if it means making things up and posting pictures of people that aren't him. They will stoop as low as they can in hopes that George Zimmerman gets away with murder. They have no shame, no compassion and clearly lack morals since they are willing to state lies as if they are fact in a lame attempt to justify the killing of a seventeen year old boy who was committing no crime. Now they are accusing him of buying skittles to mix with drugs...smh.

Old 05-29-2012, 03:08 PM

812 posts, read 596,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
It wouldn't matter to some of these people if George Zimmerman turned out to be a serial killer. All they care about is demonizing Trayvon, even if it means making things up and posting pictures of people that aren't him. They will stoop as low as they can in hopes that George Zimmerman gets away with murder. They have no shame, no compassion and clearly lack morals since they are willing to state lies as if they are fact in a lame attempt to justify the killing of a seventeen year old boy who was committing no crime. Now they are accusing him of buying skittles to mix with drugs...smh.
Facts please! Did Trayvon invade his body space or the other way around. The cry of racist will not shroud this fact and on this fact the guilt or innocence trial or dismissal will hinge. Everyone ignores that and thatbisvthe real child's play in this case.

Old 05-29-2012, 03:13 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,310,943 times
Quote:
If he was drinking purple drank then I doubt he would've been violent. It makes a person very subdued ...

Old 05-29-2012, 03:42 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,953,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
Facts please! Did Trayvon invade his body space or the other way around. The cry of racist will not shroud this fact and on this fact the guilt or innocence trial or dismissal will hinge. Everyone ignores that and thatbisvthe real child's play in this case.
That shall be decided in a court of law. This had been said several times now, but Trayvon Martin is NOT on trial. Demonizing him and trying to make him out to be a thug is pointless when there is no proof that he was committing a crime, but there is proof that he went to 7-11 and purchased some skittles and a beverage, yet you and others have no issue with posting videos and pictures of some other kid to attempt to vilify Trayvon Martin and justify George Zimmerman's actions, all the while ignoring his history of aggression and past arrests.

George Zimmerman's supporters have an obvious agenda and have no problem stooping very low if they believe it will help him get away with it. Lying and getting excited about anything you believe is a blow to Trayvon Martin's character says a lot more about yours than it ever will about his. Again, this will be decided in a court of law, not by a bunch of frothing at the mouth gun worshipers who are incapable of critical thought on a discussion forum and I don't believe the post you responded to said anything about race.

Old 05-29-2012, 04:06 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,099,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Hmmm, the key word in that sentence was GUARD who was doing his job to inquire what you are doing, but he would only do that if you did something questionable. I'm pretty sure that he would not disguish between white customers and blacks customers with hoodies
Agreed. If a white man came into a bank in a hoodie, and the guard started following him, after which the white man in a hoodie cold cocked him and started beating his head into the hard floor, the guard would have every right to shoot him. This difference is, Trayvon didn't know that GZ was carrying. Kind of stupid on his part, considering the laws in Florida.

Old 05-29-2012, 04:17 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,099,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Agreed. If a white man came into a bank in a hoodie, and the guard started following him, after which the white man in a hoodie cold cocked him and started beating his head into the hard floor, the guard would have every right to shoot him. This difference is, Trayvon didn't know that GZ was carrying. Kind of stupid on his part, considering the laws in Florida.
I totally agree with you, but I hope you aren't expecting the usual suspects in this thread to be able to process this rationale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies