Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2012, 12:14 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,550,383 times

Advertisements

The most disturbing and disgusting aspect of the aftermath of this case are those who are hellbent on vilifying the victim who is a deceased teenager.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:16 PM

2,108 posts, read 2,896,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Martin knows he has been watched and hears the guy on the phone with dispatch. He takes off running (as reported). He is getting angry that he should be running from someone when he has every right to be there. He gets to the door of his house and stops. He thinks, I have no reason to run, that SOB shouldn't be reporting me to the cops. He watches until Zimmerman hangs up with the police and begins retreating to his car. He then decides to leave his house and approach Zimmerman where he demands (according to his GFs statement) "Why are you following me"? TO which Zimmerman responds "What are you doing here?". After that, a fight starts. Who threw the first punch (the key factor IMO)...we have no idea. Or at least no evidence.
From where did you get the slightest hint that Martin had made it anywhere near his dad's girlfriend's house?

One other thing, on the 911 call, when the dispatcher asks are you following him and Zimmerman says yes, and the dispatcher says we don't need you to do that, Zimmerman says ok. You seem to think that Zimmerman stops following him because you can't hear him following him anymore. For all we know, Zimmerman simply changed from a run to a walk and continued following him. He may have said "ok" to the dispatcher as in "ok you don't need me to follow him" while thinking in his head but I'm going to follow anyway because these "a**holes" always get away.

You are right that Martin did run at one point, his girlfriend acknowledges that at first he refused to run and just walked fast, but eventually did run and I left that out.

Last edited by Hueffenhardt; 05-18-2012 at 12:34 PM..

Old 05-18-2012, 12:18 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,299,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The most disturbing and disgusting aspect of the aftermath of this case are those who are hellbent on vilifying the victim who is a deceased teenager.
Yeah, that's almost as bad as death threats to GZ.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Except that scenario doesn't fit the evidence real well. If it were true, why would he stop running when advised not to follow (as established by the 911 tape)? If he is in an active pursiut, why did he stop and continue to talk with 911? Wether he was "in pursuit" or "following and observing" when he left his car, any "pursuit" (or observation for that matter) ended when he stopped running and continued his conversation with dispatch.
The 911 call ended and GZs action are unknown at that point (except for what he says that he did...which is obviously self serving) We don't even know if what he was telling the police dispatcher on the 911 call was even true. Again, all of the assumptions are being based on what he is "telling" the dispatcher not what is truly happening.

Its like the person who calls the police saying that they see someone with a gun entering the neighbor's house. And the truth is that the neighbors gave their cleaning lady or cousin Joey the keys to housesit while they are out of town and that is who is entering the house. What is said by the person calling the police is not necessarily accurate or truthful.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Yeah, that's almost as bad as death threats to GZ.
More people are vilifying Trayvon Martin (as evidenced by this and similar thrads) than sending death threats to GZ. However, neither is acceptable.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:42 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,867,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
A 20 yo was recently arrested due to having two tools in his possession consistent with stealing copper from homes in the area he was loitering in. It happens...so this area was burglarized..a flat head screwdriver works wonders getting into some(not all) doors that can be pryed open...just speculating of course
So?

Old 05-18-2012, 12:49 PM

9,143 posts, read 5,812,274 times
Quote:
I have numerous physicians in my family as well as friends. I am in a Masters program that also requires knowledge of the anatomy. So, yes, I know what I am talking about. Do you?

Why are you being so...?

Oh profile name: GeorgiaTransplant

Nevermind, that explains quite a lot

What exactly does that explain?
You are looking like an elitist bigot.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:52 PM

628 posts, read 1,316,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Zimmerman "patrolled" nightly. He called 911 forty-six times. 46 times.

Sounds like a stalker to me, if not an outright psychopath.
You're reaching here....no doubt Zimmerman was an idiot for getting out of his vehicle but stalking refers to the repeated following of a single individual. Do you really think that a jury will convict on a stalking component to this case. Sorry, but it doesnt meet the standard in my view. Of course,again, the jury and the actual evidence will determine the verdict...not what you, I or any other person on this forum "thinks or predicts"

Old 05-18-2012, 01:00 PM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,198,196 times
Quote:
It's also disgusting trying to portray Trayvon as a saint and posting pictures of him when he was only 12 years of age.

Both Trayvon and Zimmerman are mere human beings who BOTH made some bad choices that night. BOTH share responsibility for the outcome. Yes, Trayvon lost his life, but Zimmerman lost his life too though in a different way.

Old 05-18-2012, 01:05 PM

3,160 posts, read 4,370,255 times
just another dead thug, nothing to see here, move along...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies