Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2012, 10:08 PM

459 posts, read 725,115 times

Advertisements

But for the record, yes: keep religion out of science. But not hatefully with protests and name-calling. Just as though a child was going to English and the teacher decided to tell them all about Health for the quarter.

Just a simple, "That's sorta unrelated, Mrs. Dinglepuss, let's have the kids go back to English."

Not: "Hey! I don't want MY kids to learn that crap!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2012, 10:09 PM

459 posts, read 725,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
What? If anyone called you gullible, it wasn't me...Perhaps you labeled yourself..
You're right. It was another poster. But you are all a hive-mind, so

Old 04-14-2012, 10:40 PM

33,571 posts, read 37,194,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCalifornianWriter View Post
You're right. It was another poster. But you are all a hive-mind, so
You will be assimilated...Resistance is futile..

Old 04-14-2012, 11:35 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,932,455 times
Default Wow! A big talker, just like me! His being fact-free is the only diff, but hey what, huh? It's in their blood!

Q. When is a copy-troll not a copy-troll? when he provides some useful new info.

So, you are just exactly that. Problem with my rants is that, like GCSTroops' well-done refutation of the usual suspects (intro'ing the 2LoT when it does not apply is an example and is yowled about all too often. Great parroting, though! Kudos for being ip on that approach...

Quote:
Review: Two Stars Out of Five

Okay, so I read the new great fiction novel by rifleman, and I gotta tell you, it just seemed bad. Here are my reasons:
1) generous use of a word banned by the UN for its ridiculous sound (yowl)
2) complete over exaggeration of facts (not to mention gratuitous insults heaped on with everything from religion to the kitchen sink)
3) its overwhelming size, which immediately must suggest intelligence!
Rifleman is especially good at deluding points and having a fact to insult ratio of 1:3. His insistence on the qualities of evolution are based on his rants and/or hate of people who aren't like him.
His disregard for events that occurred in history (such as the "painting" and the "books" chronicles) with many a historical proof/record was shocking. I mean, it was a work of fiction, but that's way too much artistic license.

Some positive aspects: rifleman is a fan of South Park (the flying-spaghetti monster is a flawed allegory to the Christian God)...always good for a self-touted genius. Also, generally, most people besides atheists ALSO pay for public school, and since its a majority, you fellows can home school your Commie runts! Besides, it's just a theory...
Another fine aspect of his book is his unapologetic anger and hate towards people that are different! So refreshing!
Anyway, 2 out of 5 stars...pick up "Biography of a Ranting Hot-Head" by rifleman today!!...but only at liberal bookstores.
Thx for the book review! Personally, I gave myself a 5 star rating... and that's how Christians do it as well: they just rant on and then call it all good. They even go so far as to call their short-stick claims fact, in fact! With nary any evidence at all to back those empty-headed claims up....

See, I have indeed given up on most of you, since when one does take the extensive time to pass on some useful info, as GCST just did, both in spades and with incontrovertible facts, I can now predict that, it all being well over both the intellectual, educational and philosophical heads of any of the readers here, will be summarily dismissed by some yowl-headed bleetist parrot-mind who will just hand-wavingly dismiss it with nary a concrete nor well-developed nor considerate thought. You know: out of some reasonable respect for his efforts as well as the facts therein.

Reason: Facts scare the be-Jessus out of the intransigent, even if they can handle the big words. They certainly can't handle the big science, that much is blatantly obvious by their indefensible posts.

Very predictable, which is also one of the calling cards of good science,
So, asa an alternate, how's about going after what he has provided, point by point? How's about stating, absolutely and right here on national (Oh sorry; global...) media, that DNA frequencies do not ever change, that mutations to their position and locus do not ever shift, that they do not control our phenotype, and in the same sentence, that only bad mutations can occur, and that no new info is ever generated within the organism's genotype?

Go ahead. You can do it!! Make a total biological techno-fool out of yourself with errant but website cut & paste thinking! And see if I care! Nyah nyah! (Gotta work at the level they understand, y'know... )

Old 04-15-2012, 06:05 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,764,818 times
Quote:
Uh, actually, no...I'm preeeeeeeeeeeety sure the Left is trying to keep other ideas out of the classroom. You're looking out the wrong side of the binoculars, friend.
You can't get science taught at church, because it's a choice to go there. No, you need an effective way to get children believing whatever you want them to...TV's good, but only on weekends really....the internet? maybe...

AHA! School! They have to go there!

Creationism, regardless of its actual value, is apparently evolution's enemy...and it must be destroyed...
Why should a religious idea be taught by science teachers?

Old 04-15-2012, 06:07 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,764,818 times
Quote:
But for the record, yes: keep religion out of science. But not hatefully with protests and name-calling. Just as though a child was going to English and the teacher decided to tell them all about Health for the quarter.

Just a simple, "That's sorta unrelated, Mrs. Dinglepuss, let's have the kids go back to English."

Not: "Hey! I don't want MY kids to learn that crap!"
Where was I hateful or name calling?

Old 04-15-2012, 06:29 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,404,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
There's an inbuilt problem with what you've just done. That is, insult people's intelligence. Surely you must realize that ignorant people will reject being called ignorant, because they just don't know any better. They're too ignorant to realize how ignorant they are ... if they were smart enough to accept their own ignorance, then they wouldn't be so damned ignorant.

But here's the big problem .... how can you be so certain that the above description doesn't directly apply to YOU ? You really can't, you know? Only an outside observer can determine that ... and I've got some bad news for you .....

Pure irony...

Old 04-15-2012, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
GuyInTexas writes a wonderfully articulated, logical, and supported refutation of the "absolute validity" of the theory of evolution, and this is all you have to say in response? One would think that if your theory is so solid that you would respond with a similarly well written and defensible refutation. Instead we only hear...

...crickets.

Can you say "willfull ignorance"?

Well done GuyInTexas.
GuyInTexas' illogical, uninformed, long-winded 'smoke and mirrors' posts have been royally ripped to pieces in this thread. You seem to have skipped over the well-written knowledgeable posts that have refuted his nonsense over and over again.

But it's not suprising you think his posts are wonderful as you know even less than he does about evolution.

Can you say "willfull ignorance"?

Old 04-15-2012, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Am I the only one here getting the impression that Harrier is tap dancing around the hard posts?

I wouldn't call it 'tap-dancing'. I'd call it uh..... well a picture is worth a 1000 words:

Old 04-15-2012, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I have studied the theory of evolution. It is required material in biology classes. Were you not aware of this? I had to LIE when I took the exams just so i could pass the class. You assume that i am not "intellectually curious" or uneducated because you can't imagine that someone has studied the same material that you have and come to a different conclusion. I am not alone. I am not asking HD or anyone in here to explain the theory of evolution to me - I am asking for a well reasoned, articulate defense of the theory.

Any takers?
uhhuh... You've shown you don't even know what the Theory of Evolution is.

Attached Thumbnails
Backwards in Tennessee, Creationism Creeps Into Classrooms-bullshit.gif  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies