Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2012, 02:01 PM

47,021 posts, read 26,080,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I do not dismiss science as nonsense - I dismiss evolution as nonsense.
Then you have a problem with science as well. ToE is one of the strongest and best-supported theories in natural science.

Quote:
It cannot be observed, falsified, or explained logically.
It has been observed. It can very easily be falsified - Lord Kelvin did so, for instance. (His assumptions were wrong, but the logic of his argument was bullet-proof.) And it's perfectly logical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2012, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Who is the individual that was around 50 or however million years a go you think the first single cell organism developed and who was still around millions of years later able to record observations made of that cell becoming a complex organism such as a human being?
Notice how the goalposts were discreetly moved from "evolution has not been observed" to "the same individual hasn't been around to observe the complete evolution of man"?

Quote:
Where are the transitional fossils?
All fossils are transitional.

Quote:
How come the theory of evolution wars with the idea that mutations are generally destructive not constructive?
It doesn't. The entire concept is hinged on the idea that some genetic changes are beneficial, some not. Natural selection will weed out the less well adapted.

Old 04-11-2012, 02:06 PM

27,702 posts, read 16,194,432 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Which is fundamental to science, and a religion's enemy.
No threat to my beliefs

Quote:
No, just natural. Why must a new discovery be always deemed super natural?
If it were witnessed it would go against all the natural laws as we know them. I dont remember new discoveries being deemed supernatural but a whole new set of physical laws is pushing it. Either way its all good and I'm not here to dispute science but there is a point where it falls off speculation enters and that leaves the door open. So they will allow for a student to speculate intelligent design, big whoop unless the science community is usure of itself they shouldnt be worried. Afterall they got all the facts right?

Old 04-11-2012, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Darwinism is the only theory the left want taught but refuses to allow to actually be practiced.
That's just silly. You may as well complain that people won't "practice" photosynthesis or relativity.

Old 04-11-2012, 02:08 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,395,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
If it were witnessed it would go against all the natural laws as we know them. I dont remember new discoveries being deemed supernatural but a whole new set of physical laws is pushing it. Either way its all good and I'm not here to dispute science but there is a point where it falls off speculation enters and that leaves the door open. So they will allow for a student to speculate intelligent design, big whoop unless the science community is usure of itself they shouldnt be worried. Afterall they got all the facts right?
Teaching pseudoscience as science is destructive.

Old 04-11-2012, 02:09 PM

27,702 posts, read 16,194,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
Teaching pseudoscience as science is destructive.
Who's teaching pseudoscience?

Old 04-11-2012, 02:11 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,395,136 times
Quote:
Who's teaching pseudoscience?
Anyone who teaches "Intelligent design" as science.

Anyone who teaches "Creationism" as science.

Might as well teach kids about the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

http://www.venganza.org/

Old 04-11-2012, 02:15 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,855,792 times
Quote:
If it were witnessed it would go against all the natural laws as we know them.
There is no such thing as "supernatural" in Science.

Quote:
I dont remember new discoveries being deemed supernatural but a whole new set of physical laws is pushing it.
Something along the lines of Quantum Laws? There you have it.

Quote:
I'm not here to dispute science but there is a point where it falls off speculation enters and that leaves the door open. So they will allow for a student to speculate intelligent design, big whoop unless the science community is usure of itself they shouldnt be worried. Afterall they got all the facts right?
What is there to speculate about "intelligent design"? That a bunch of Gods (and demons) came to earth, churned a pre-mordial soup and life came out of it? Is that the idea to be taught and presented as Science?

Clearly, you're not disputing Science, you're mixing Science and religion. Thank Brahma, the Creator!

Old 04-11-2012, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Thank Brahma, the Creator!
Heathen! Clearly, the world and all life was created by Odin, the All-Father, from the body of the slain giant Ymir.

Old 04-11-2012, 02:25 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,855,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Heathen! Clearly, the world and all life was created by Odin, the All-Father, from the body of the slain giant Ymir.
My Intelligent Designer is Better than Yours. You shall burn in hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies