Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 11:52 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,993,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumarkutar View Post
While I agree with most of your points, could you answer a simple question with every being on intellectual honesty in your body! Would you feel safer walking through an all white neighborhood, or all black neighborhood..just you and your girlfriend? You can't just say remainimng vigilant in certain situations is common sense. That may be true, but there are reasons that you are remaining more vigilant in certain circumstances. What are those reasons, and why are you more defensive in those situations. Until those issues are dealt with nothing will change racially in this nation. Soft feel good euphanisms may make people feel good but are just a bandaid. They dont treat the symptoms!

Well, as I've said, I DJ'd in a black club, and was never looked upon as an outcast. In fact I received a lot of complements and a lot of respect. I've walked into black clubsas well with no issues, and even delivered pizza in a predominantly black area. Never once had an issue. Now if I'm in a high crime area and I know that it's a high crime area, why shouldn't I remain vigilant? Skin color makes no difference to me. Attitude, and character does. White, black, green, red... who gives a s***? A**holes come in all colors!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 11:58 AM

1,001 posts, read 1,990,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Well, as I've said, I DJ'd in a black club, and was never looked upon as an outcast. In fact I received a lot of complements and a lot of respect. I've walked into black clubsas well with no issues, and even delivered pizza in a predominantly black area. Never once had an issue. Now if I'm in a high crime area and I know that it's a high crime area, why shouldn't I remain vigilant? Skin color makes no difference to me. Attitude, and character does. White, black, green, red... who gives a s***? A**holes come in all colors!
I commend you, honestly, I really do. I wish more people had your attitude.

This being said, hear me out.......if you where Dj'ing in a club and a couple white dudes met you in the alley while you where packing up your car and beat you up and stole some stuff would you give up all hope on all whites?

unfortunately, with black males, as soon as an individual (non black) has one bad experience, the entire race is at fault.

Black have good reason to never trust a white person......Ever.......but they still do. Our gov't is run by whites, our police are majority white, business owners etc......It is a white mans world......The biggest problem is white people are so conditioned to this, so ingrained in this way of life that they never ever recognize it.....they would rather blame the less fortunate (who got their by White policies) than to see this disparity.

Old 04-10-2012, 12:22 PM

4,300 posts, read 4,410,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by to570717 View Post
I know this is common rhetoric to say " you'll get shot in that hood if you walk through it"

Can you point to more than 3 examples of this in the last year of a white person being shot in E. ST L just for bing there.......not for buying/selling dope or some other illicit thing?
It's kind of hard to say as the local news never gives details. There is a rail-yard in ESTL that many people work at and a few years ago (about 8) there were a series of incidents where some black gang were waiting at a certain stop light for cars to stop and if they found a white person (on their way to work at the rail yards), they pulled them out of their car and beat them. They eventually killed an older man and the Illinois State Police came in (for awhile) and it stopped. It happened again (at another intersection) just last year. Two young men were coming home from their shift and they were pulled out of their car and beaten. One died and the other was hospitalized. You don't need more than a couple of instances to get a message across. Everyone that lives in the STL metro area knows that ESTL is no where to be if you are hispanic, white, or asian or anything other than black and its midnight. Heck, it's not even safe for black people - they are averaging about 3 deaths a week.

Old 04-10-2012, 12:26 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,993,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by to570717 View Post
I commend you, honestly, I really do. I wish more people had your attitude.

This being said, hear me out.......if you where Dj'ing in a club and a couple white dudes met you in the alley while you where packing up your car and beat you up and stole some stuff would you give up all hope on all whites? No. I wouldn't. I'd sum it up as they're scumbags, and well let's just say that when I recovered, myself and a couple of friends would pay them back, provided the cops didn't catch them first.

unfortunately, with black males, as soon as an individual (non black) has one bad experience, the entire race is at fault. I don't see it that way, and it's not fair that the actions of a few individuals put a stain on a particular ethnic group as a whole. As I said, there are a**holes in all colors. Were I to get jumped by a couple of black guys, my response and reaction would be the same as above. Hope the cops find them before I do.

Black have good reason to never trust a white person......Ever.......but they still do. Our gov't is run by whites, our police are majority white, business owners etc......It is a white mans world......The biggest problem is white people are so conditioned to this, so ingrained in this way of life that they never ever recognize it.....they would rather blame the less fortunate (who got their by White policies) than to see this disparity. Honestly, I'm just an average Joe trying to make my way in the world just like anyone else. I have no desire to persecute, or discriminate against anyone based on color, religion, or sexual orientation so long as it doesn't happen to me. I'm not perfect, as I am human after all, but I do try to live by the "Golden Rule" if you will. I think more whites than you think feel the same as I do.
My responses are in blue.

Old 04-10-2012, 12:26 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,303,823 times
The only way a white guy is going to an all black club or bar is:

- he's dating a black chick
- he's looking to get some black ass that night for some reason, and even then he'd look for a more diverse bar
- he's got black friends, of which he is the token white guy

Other than that, you guys don't really frequent those spots for no reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies