Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 06:40 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,282,597 times

Advertisements

Funny. Obummer is complaining. However, if they were on his side, he wouldnt be saying a word. Obummer is a straight up liar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2012, 06:40 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,101,113 times
Here will be the reaction of Obama, democrats, MSM if 'you must purchase' is
struck down - 'the right wing political hacks on the court have blah blah blah'
upheld- 'clear thinking justices have concluded that congress passed a bill that blah blah blah'

Old 04-02-2012, 06:45 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,782,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
Here will be the reaction of Obama, democrats, MSM if 'you must purchase' is
struck down - 'the right wing political hacks on the court have blah blah blah'
upheld- 'clear thinking justices have concluded that congress passed a bill that blah blah blah'
And it would be so different with a GOP president...

Old 04-02-2012, 06:46 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,975,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
Obama could say the sky was blue and you guys would claim he was an arrogant, bully fascist

He gave a strong, confident statement about the healthcare law he got passed.

What did you guys expect him to say? That he thinks the SC will/should strike it down????

The SC will decide how they decide. Cheerleaders on BOTH sides of the argument are making predictions and statements in support or contemporary of the law. What President Obama said is no different.
Abyone that waqtched the heathcare debate between him and Hilary listened to him speak aginst a individual mandate . Then one only has to insert state democratic passed law to make his statement menaingless. One only has to look at democrts using the court to question the constituionality of mnay law or protions of laws to its false statement on past beliefs and actions. His Washington statement was lame as Washg ton waqs president when there were slaves and he and other did not move against that. he is exactly what the foundig fathers worried about in presidental powers and why the suprme court was vreated. He just can't get the notio of three braqches without a king and his jesters;it seems.

Old 04-02-2012, 06:48 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,026,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I'm reminded of another great American fascist who bullied the Supreme Court to circumvent the Constitution, FDR.

Obama issues stern language on Supreme Court health care decision | The Ticket - Yahoo! News
It's good that Obama would call it "what it is". Conservatives have howled for years about the perceived injustice of judicial activism by progressive judges. It's high time that Obama and progressive Dems call out the Scoutus in the same way.

Old 04-02-2012, 06:50 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,975,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
The POTUS nominates every single member of the SCOTUS, nobody else has any control over the SCOTUS other than the President.
No has we have seen if the senate does not approve then the president's pick is out.Your view is like Obama's ;total regal control and forgetting the three branches of government.this isn't a one ruler system on much of anything and each has its limits.In fact democrats actaully support the courts writing law to overide exactly what Obama talked about in a law passed by majority in a democratic elected congress or statehouse.

Old 04-02-2012, 06:51 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,534,459 times
Communists are bullies. If he gets re-elected he'll be emboldened to ratchet it up a notch or five.

Remember his SOTU Speech where he chewed them out while they had to sit there silently and take his crap.

He was reportedly seen visiting the Court after he won election and before his Inauguration. Oh, the speculation of that one and rightly so! Remember...this narcissist had emblems on podiums when he publicly spoke that were like a child playing games....as the Office that the label announced did not even exist. What an ego and what an UnAmerican usurper.

http://images.newsmax.com/headline_vertical/office.jpg

Old 04-02-2012, 06:52 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,666,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell Phillips View Post
As if the President had any real control over the Supreme Court - utter nonsense!
Not so fast, my friend. The OP is dead on Target!! Muscle the Court is a reality. Like the dispicable 'Slick Willie Clinton' controled the Senate in his Impeachment trial, the 9 justices are human beings, who don't want problems from a POTUSA.

That's why I believe they will up-hold this Anti-American Health law.

Old 04-02-2012, 06:52 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,040,868 times
Judicial activism is when the Libs can't get a law enacted either though Legislation or by Ballot, so they find a Liberal Judge willing to enact the law by order from the bench.

Judges acting to uphold the Constitution by striking down laws that are unconstitutional is not "Judicial Activism"...

...IT'S THEIR JOB.

Old 04-02-2012, 06:53 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,832,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Interesting to me is that if this is struck down, we get closer to the liberal dream of single payer health care. This larded law is basically built to protect he health insurance industry. We either proceed with the current system without the mandate, which would devastate the industry, or we go back to the single payer model of socialized health care, which the people want, but the GOP does not.

Frankly, I am all in for the single payer model. Plenty of other successful countries do it, and it takes a heavy burden off their companies. So, the SCOTUS is basically saying the private model suggested by the GOP in the 1990s, and adopted by Obama with modifications, is not tenable. Fine. Time to join the rest of the civilized world with single payer.

I think the SCOTUS is smart enough to see these consequences, and so will not rule against it. It is the biggest boon to the health insurance industry in our history. Now that I think of it, I hope they do turn it down!

*** As an aside, I enjoyed listening to the justices debate this. It is a very important question for our country, and it is cool to have these discussion. That is, if people are really thinking about the implications of this issue.
While I agree, I would like to see a single payer system as well, but the chances of that ever being enacted would be basically 0. There would need to be complete filibuster proof control of congress including DINOS, and even then I don't think Obama would sign it into law.
At this point the law is about as far right as it can get, and i'd like to see perhaps in the future to get at least the public option, but it's a step in the right direction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies