Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 02:21 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,981,416 times

Advertisements

Even the left-leaning Politifact can't stomach his lies.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...upreme-court-/

Quote:
Two terms stood out to us in that statement: "strong majority" and "unprecedented."
Both lies.

Quote:
He simply said the law passed with a strong majority and overturning it would be unprecedented. Wrong and wrong. We rate the statement False.
Now, we have to remember WHO obama was talking to with these false comments....supporters and 2008 voters that don't have a clue about the constitutional and the role of SCOTUS and their history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 04:53 PM

33,582 posts, read 18,193,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Seriously...just how do you think a bill becomes law? Do you really think they just sit around up there doing what's "right" because it's right? Politics is a dirty business, always has been, and it has ALWAYS involved horse trading and arm twisting. There's even a word to describe the process....it's called COMPROMISE.

I wish that once, just once, people who like to throw around the word "dictator" could live a few days under the rule of a REAL one. To compare the give and take of American politics to the rule of the likes of Manuel Noriega or Saddam Hussein or Idi Amin is laughable. You really don't have a clue.
Compromise,, Obama doesn't know the meaning of the word.. what has Obama ever compromised on with Obamacare?? He knew he had a bad bill and had to fix it to even try to get it passed ..and it is unconstitutional to mandate healthcare. Obama doesn't compromise. He blasts everyone before he will ever compromise. Obama is the divider and chief.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:17 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,489,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
The U.S. Attorney response (pdf) that spanked back. Judge Smith can sputter all he likes. Eric Holder is mocking him and if Smith was trying to show up the president, he failed—badly.

How exactly is Obama "destroying the Constitution?"
Right now Holder is funneling guns into the enemies of the federal judges as we speak.

Old 04-06-2012, 06:14 AM

33,582 posts, read 18,193,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Right now Holder is funneling guns into the enemies of the federal judges as we speak.
Holder did just that to the drug cartels... Obama puts the weirdest thinking men in office.

Holder would give plutonium to Iran and try to track it.

Old 04-06-2012, 06:20 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,873,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Bwaaaaa, Ha, Ha, Ha...! You slay us!

Old 04-06-2012, 02:37 PM

59,199 posts, read 27,388,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Except, the opposite is true. The majority like the majority of ACA. FACT is the mandate is about the only part of ACA that isn't widely supported.
You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine.

Old 04-06-2012, 02:59 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,207,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine.
Not talking opinion, FACT, when asked about the provisions of ACA almost every one was widely supported by the public, the mandate is the only provision with high negatives in most polls.

Old 04-06-2012, 04:26 PM

1,187 posts, read 996,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Of course, I do want all of these uninsured people to get insurance so I don't have to keep footing the bill for their treatment.
Where do you think the money will come from to pay for their treatment when they get insurance? IF they get insurance? Most people will be like me, and will rather pay the fine for NOT getting the insurance until I *NEED* it. It'll end up being MUCH less expensive than paying the high premiums for years. Certainly my two teen sons will do the same (as I will raise them to do), so decades will go by without them paying insurance premiums before they need it. So who will end up actually paying for our medical needs then? It'll be you and everyone else who is stupid enough to by the insurance instead of paying the fine.

Right now I don't have insurance. I do have pre-existing conditions, and I go to the doctor when I need to, for refills, blood tests, etc. And I pay cash for all of it. I would have LIKED to get Catostrophic insurance, but this POS legislation has made that impossible now with the pre-existing portion. So I'll wait to get insurance until after I know how the SC is going to rule. IF they let this POS stand, then I won't EVER buy insurance unless I get something I can't handle on my own. If they rule against it, like they should, then I"ll start looking for insurance again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies