Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 05:40 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,015,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Chances are because his parents supplied that photo and the only one they could get of mr Zimmerman was his mug shot.
Possibly. But it doesn't explain why his parents provided the photo of a 13 year old rather than a recent one.

Plus the authorities have known where Zimmerman has been since the shooting.

Old 03-25-2012, 05:59 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,077,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
but not this one....which is an updated photo at 17
What damning evidence is revealed by the latter photo? Am I to assume that not only are hooded sweatshirts but baseball caps on backwards are the new shape for targets?

I guess you don't have many 17 year olds were you live, black, white or purple.

Old 03-25-2012, 07:17 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,212,335 times
Quote:
Is there media bias? Sepearate from the details of the case...I think so...

The media has consistently provided this image of Zimmerman...

But not this one...which is a recent photo...

Treyvon is portrayed in this photo...at 13

but not this one....which is an updated photo at 17
Actually, this *hurts* those who defend Zimmerman. He does not look overweight in the recent pic. In fact, he looks in very good physical condition if his thin face is anything to go by.

Trayvon, while taller, still has the baby face. So, not really sure what this updated pic is supposed to prove.

Old 03-25-2012, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA_Dutch_Love View Post
Who cares? Seriously. People kill people each day in this country. In a week, this will be old news.

Although I do wonder where all the moral outrage and media lyching was a few weeks ago when an american solider murdered 9 kids and 8 adults. No marches, no bottom feeders like sharpton. Just checks issued by the our governement to the families.

I guess 9 afghan kids aren't worth as much as one thug wannabe black teenager.
Your comments re: Trayvon are pretty outrageous.

And your comparison is not a comparison at all. HOWEVER, if you can find a case where a black man committed a crime, admitted to it and was not arrested and evidence was gathered, please post the case. I will happily retract my statement. Otherwise, you have no valid argument.

Old 03-25-2012, 07:24 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,349,417 times
Well while we're on the subject of Zimmerman's ethnivity, let's toss in Jimmy Smits -- and Linda Ronstadt -- and fortmer Mexican President Vicente Fox

Al three are Anglo-Saxon-surnamed individuals with a predominately Latino extraction. Their politics range ftom Robstadt's liberal-chic to Fox' unapologetic free-market advocacy.

Ethnicity doesn't count for much -- until the Absolutely Politically Correct have determined that it suits their purposes..

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 03-25-2012 at 08:05 PM..

Old 03-25-2012, 07:28 PM

210 posts, read 381,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Your comments re: Trayvon are pretty outrageous.

And your comparison is not a comparison at all. HOWEVER, if you can find a case where a black man committed a crime, admitted to it and was not arrested and evidence was gathered, please post the case. I will happily retract my statement. Otherwise, you have no valid argument.
I'm sorry, would just another "black teenage drug dealer" been more appropriate.

Old 03-25-2012, 07:28 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,433,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
That's funny, the law's author seems to disagree with you.

Durell Peaden and state Rep. Dennis Baxley, an Ocala Republican who sponsored the measure in the House, said the law might not apply to Zimmerman — because he decided to pursue and confront a person like Martin and then use deadly force.
Read more here: Trayvon Martin cases puts focus on 2005 'stand your ground' law | Naked Politics
He's irrelevant at this point. The law is in the books and a judge will interpret its meaning and apply it to this case if it comes to that.

Old 03-25-2012, 07:29 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,433,519 times
Quote:
It's from the facebook of Trayvon Martin...but a different one. You can go to the page and see the pics

Trayvon's real facebook page is under Trayvon Slimm Martin not simply Trayvon Martin. There's two of them.
The page looks real but I can't access the pic in question. I'm going to go with the bottom pic is not him until something else emerges.

Old 03-25-2012, 07:30 PM

210 posts, read 381,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Well while we're on the subject of Zimmerman's ethnivity, let's toss in Jimmy Smits -- and Linds Ronstadt -- and fortmer Mexican President Vicnte Fox

Al three are Anglo-surnamed individuals with a predominately Latino extraction. Their politics range ftom Robstadt's liberal-chic to Fox' unapologetic free-market advocacy.

Ethnicity doesn't count for much -- until the Absolutely Politically Correct have determined that it suits ther agenda.
You mean like the new York times calling him a "white Hispanic". I'd like to see them call Obama the "white African" president.

Old 03-25-2012, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA_Dutch_Love View Post
I'm sorry, would just another "black teenage drug dealer" been more appropriate.
What proof do you have that Trayvon was a drug dealer? Were you a customer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies