Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 02:34 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Please, there are plenty of professionals who smoked marijuana in their past (Bill Clinton and Barack Obama anyone?). I'm also among them.
Many successful politicians have admitted to smoking marijuana, including Al Gore, Barack Obama, New York mayor Michael Bloomberg and Newt Gingrich to name just a few.
Governor Schwarzenegger on Marijuana: It's Not a Drug, It's a Leaf!

What does a teenager having possibly smoked pot have to do with this incident anyway? I suppose people that think pot makes one criminally insane or violent have seen the movie "Reefer Madness".

Old 03-28-2012, 02:35 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,993,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I'm not going to debate this with you on this thread. If you start a new one I will participate. Not to mention, none of this was the case with Trayvon.

But what I will say is that all races have their share of low-lifes, welfare recipients and deadbeat Dads.

My 2 cents.... You won't get any arguement from me with that statement. As a man, with a child of my own, I find it disgusting that deadbeat dads can't man up and take responsibility! I could never dessert my kid.

Old 03-28-2012, 02:35 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I haven't seen anything about TM wanting to be an engineer. All i've read was that he wanted to be an aviation mechanic and/or a pilot. I would ask you to point me to your sources, but it really doesn't matter.

His parents failed to some extent. Getting suspsended from school multiple times....at least once for suspicion of drug activity..... is not the sign of good parenting. Good parents across the nation can certainly vouch for this.

By your reasoning parents fail when their children are suspended from school. Hell in that case, the U.S Parents no matter what their racial mixup are huge failures. Kids today get in school and outside suspension every day. Trayvon was found with a empty weed bag and like you continue to state, wait till all of the toxicology results are released. Apparently Zimmermans parents who appear to be professionals, one of which was a judge didn't do too well of a job on their parenting skills either considering their son couldn't keep himself out of trouble.

I do not label anyone a bad parent for their child getting suspended from school, its only those who don't care that their child gets suspended from school and allow them to run wild. There have been NO reports of this occuring with Trayvon.

Old 03-28-2012, 02:36 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,376,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I haven't seen anything about TM wanting to be an engineer. All i've read was that he wanted to be an aviation mechanic and/or a pilot. I would ask you to point me to your sources, but it really doesn't matter.

His parents failed to some extent. Getting suspsended from school multiple times....at least once for suspicion of drug activity..... is not the sign of good parenting. Good parents across the nation can certainly vouch for this.
Happy to oblige:
Quote:
After taking an airplane ride two years ago, Trayvon decided he wanted to learn to fly, his uncle Ronald Fulton said. The teen attended a Miami aviation school part time and was studying to be an engineer, a path to realizing his ambition, Fulton said.

Math was Trayvon's favorite subject.

He liked to tinker, and he was good with his hands. He once took apart and repaired a broken scooter, Fulton said, and he liked to construct model cars and airplanes and draw pictures of things he wanted to build.
Trayvon Martin Shooting: Tensions rise in wake of Trayvon Martin shooting - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Many successful politicians have admitted to smoking marijuana, including Al Gore, Barack Obama, New York mayor Michael Bloomberg and Newt Gingrich to name just a few.

What does a teenager having possibly smoked pot have to do with this incident anyway? I suppose people that think pot makes one criminally insane or violent have seen the movie "Reefer Madness".
Didn't Dubya once say something along the lines of "don't ask me anything about my life beforeage 28 because I don't remember?"

Old 03-28-2012, 02:38 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,963 times

Its truley pathetic how these posters want to excuse this young man's death by attempting to label him a thug and now the parents failed to parent. Its everyone's fault except for the person that pulled the trigger.

Old 03-28-2012, 02:38 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Black people there are many zimmermans out there. Please be careful and takes the steps necessary to try and live.

Old 03-28-2012, 02:39 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,533,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post

They could put out that he killed the anthony baby and the right/tea party would believe every word of it.

Old 03-28-2012, 02:40 PM

32,113 posts, read 34,739,914 times
Map of the neighborhood.

Zimmermans account examined | ShowMe

Old 03-28-2012, 02:42 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,918,398 times
i don't know what people think needs to happen. there is a grand jury going to hear this case, and i wish them luck.

i played all the tapes posted on here, and would have a very hard time with this case if i was on a jury. i am pretty sure that it is zimmerman who is yelling for help, but, then again, zimmerman wouldn't have been yelling for help if he hadn't been following martin.

is that murder, self defense, or something in between? how would you like to be on that jury?

what i personally find offensive is the idiots who "know it all" like spike lee, evidently giving the wrong address zimmerman and causing some elderly people to have to leave their home (alleged, don't know this for a fact)--or the black panthers talking about vigilante justice and trying to incite a mob.

where is obama on all this?

maybe the truth is that if obama had a son, he would look more like malik shabazz than trayvon.

Old 03-28-2012, 02:44 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Its truley pathetic how these posters want to excuse this young man's death by attempting to label him a thug and now the parents failed to parent. Its everyone's fault except for the person that pulled the trigger.
What he said!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies