Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 12:44 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,965,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
The kid was normal and well bred....I don't see why he should have bowed to Zimmerman who clearly showed himself as an inferior..through his actions and attitude...ZIMMERMAN...simply had horrifically bad judgement..
The people who are complaining that the "liberal" media and his parents keep showing photos of Trayvor Martin when he was skiing or when he was in his football uniform or hugging his Dad, is because they want the public to know he was a HUMAN BEING. I don't even like all the T-shirts and buttons, unless the money is going to a foundation to prevent gun violence. He's not a symbol. He was a 17 year old teenager who wanted to be a pilot.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:48 PM

812 posts, read 596,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucker7 View Post
The picture above might be fake, but this one is not. Even Media Matters had to acknowledge it. It came from his own Twitter account. He was not the sweet little child that the media portraits him to be. He was 17, not 12. Why does the media keeps using a picture of a pre-teen Trayvor?
This is what the left wing mainstream media does. Once again the loser gullible minions of the left ,-down the cool aid. They don't sip it they guzzle it and throw it up all over everyone. The choir boy turns out to be a teenage thug up to no good he's called on it pisses him off and he takes the liberty to beat the hell out of the guy that called him on it

Now so the *******s and racist agitators have sh.t on their shoes in their hair and gargled a little and will have to draw blood from the man for exercising self defense. I wont be changing my mind over gun rights or tearing up my concealed carry permit over this story

Told you to stop using your imagination and wait for the facts. You *******s live in a dream world and that's your problem. You will have to grow up sometime and take some personal responsibility.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:52 PM

32,151 posts, read 34,812,842 times
Can anyone come up with a scenario where an unarmed person presents a deadly threat to an armed person? I could see the following scenarios...

Unarmed person is in a car.

Unarmed person is Kimbo Slice. Armed person is Natalie Portman.

Unarmed person has dragon breath.

Unarmed person is Professor X, Wolverine or a Jedi.

???

Old 03-28-2012, 12:53 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,341,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i have followed these posts closely. i think i am learning something. the question. why do AA jump on armed people on the street? my SO suggested bek they are so afraid that the person with the weapon is going to go nuts and shoot them, they jump on them first.
this applies to cops, security, and to even neighborhood watch. the fact that they were selling dope or breaking into a car is not the issue. they are worried they are going to get shot.
does this sound right?
of course from the cop perspective, leaving your glock at home will not guarantee that the dope peddler on the corner will not beat u up when u ask him what is he doing.
how do we overcome this problem??. how do we avoid another zimmerman? please dont just post the solution is for the cops to just get lost or never carry any weapons.
please see my profile i am non white.
What the Truck are you talking about???? If someone is following you and they do not identify themselves and they have a gun do you honestly believe that the results are going to be favorable? The race does not matter if you would ask any man who is in a fight or flee mode if they think that they have a beeter chance fighting than running guess what? You are going to have a fight on your hands!

I really don't know what makes you think blacks are any different than anyone else, I guess this is the premise of the whole shooting in the first place

Old 03-28-2012, 12:54 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,341,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Can anyone come up with a scenario where an unarmed person presents a deadly threat to an armed person? I could see the following scenarios...

???
Unarmed person is actually armed with deadly skittles and Ice Tea grenades

Old 03-28-2012, 12:54 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,965,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucker7 View Post
The picture above might be fake, but this one is not. Even Media Matters had to acknowledge it. It came from his own Twitter account. He was not the sweet little child that the media portraits him to be. He was 17, not 12. Why does the media keeps using a picture of a pre-teen Trayvor?
Media Matters did not acknowledge it. Not true!!

Quote:

"Riehl also went searching for old Facebook photos of Martin. He suggested he found one that featured a young boy posing in his underwear flashing an obscene hand gesture. He later took the photo down because he could not confirm it was the Martin who was murdered (it wasn't), never bothering to explain what relevance old Facebook pictures had to do with the Florida killing.

Still, Michelle Malkin's new site Twitchy followed the misguided lead and also posted the same Facebook picture, suggesting the press had been hiding it because it made Martin look more menacing.

Malkin's site was then forced to post a correction and apology."

Edit: If you feel I am wrong, please go to the Media Matters web site and show me where they said any of the photos you claim are Martin are legitimate.

Still, I have no idea what difference it makes. Next someone is going to agree with the blonde teacher who sexually abused her students and thought she was too pretty to go to prison.

Last edited by justNancy; 03-28-2012 at 01:06 PM..

Old 03-28-2012, 12:57 PM

210 posts, read 251,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Unarmed person is actually armed with deadly skittles and Ice Tea grenades
He was also a Jedi in training. I saw his father on TV last night... Mace Windu. Zimmerman is screwed.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:58 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,374,571 times
Quote:

???
Unarmed person doesn't know that you're armed, has you on the ground beating you and you don't believe they're going to stop. Before you go unconscious, you pull your weapon. They try to take your weapon once they see it, and you fire. Are you stupid enough to believe that just because a person is unarmed that they can't still kill you or disable you for life?

Old 03-28-2012, 01:00 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,521,965 times
Quote:
Sure. If he was able to get the gun out of his waistband, point it at Martin, and fire, then he was surely able to take the gun and whack him in the teeth with it. I'm certain that would have ended the fight. Hitting someone in the mouth with a loaded gun is probably the equivalent of hitting them in the mouth with a hammer.

I think simply pointing the gun at Martin would have ended the fight. You draw the gun, point it at him, and then back up. Once the gun is drawn, and all Martin has is a bag of Skittles, what threat is he facing at that point? Again, there are only three men on earth who I'd be afraid of in that situation:

Bruce Lee

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...uceLeecard.jpg

Bob Sapp

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABP...2004179102.jpg

Zangief

http://starsmedia.ign.com/stars/imag...oxart_160w.jpg
the internet tough guy can handle anything. he does not need weapons he just frowns at the gangbangers and everybody runs. he always knows that cops, security and neighborhood watch are just fools. he knows better than them. he does not need any stupid police academy or military training. how to handle violent criminals comes natural, bek he is sitting in the throne of wisdom, the computer station in the living room with a can of beer and some munchies.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:02 PM

812 posts, read 596,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I had a problem with the link, but from what I gather, you are referring to a "hoodie". It's already been pointed out that most other campaigns and political figures sell "hoodies" with their names on it, so I don't see the correlation between Obama and Trayvon here. What would the Obama hoodie have printed on it?

Yes, my brain is defintely functioning because I am thinking on my own and not being spoonfed by the right wing smear apparatus.
How about, "Obama justice for hoods"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies