Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 01:03 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,316,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
This is what the left wing mainstream media does. Once again the loser gullible minions of the left ,-down the cool aid. They don't sip it they guzzle it and throw it up all over everyone. The choir boy turns out to be a teenage thug up to no good he's called on it pisses him off and he takes the liberty to beat the hell out of the guy that called him on it

...And the hardcore racist who can barely read side with their follow racist in the murder of and innocent youngman and call him names that they made up from their limited vocabulary

Now so the *******s and racist agitators have sh.t on their shoes in their hair and gargled a little and will have to draw blood from the man for exercising self defense. I wont be changing my mind over gun rights or tearing up my concealed carry permit over this story

..And so the limited braincelled rednecks come out of the woodwork and for some reason believes that a youngman would deliberately go out and seek a retarded wannabe cop with a gun

Told you to stop using your imagination and wait for the facts. You *******s live in a dream world and that's your problem. You will have to grow up sometime and take some personal responsibility.

It is quite understandable since your limited capacity to understand facts but grasp stupidity in it's fullest can comprehend (opps big word) the fact that this youngman was just returning from the store and being seen by one of your racist brethren.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:03 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,234,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
This is what the left wing mainstream media does. Once again the loser gullible minions of the left ,-down the cool aid. They don't sip it they guzzle it and throw it up all over everyone. The choir boy turns out to be a teenage thug up to no good he's called on it pisses him off and he takes the liberty to beat the hell out of the guy that called him on it

Now so the *******s and racist agitators have sh.t on their shoes in their hair and gargled a little and will have to draw blood from the man for exercising self defense. I wont be changing my mind over gun rights or tearing up my concealed carry permit over this story

Told you to stop using your imagination and wait for the facts. You *******s live in a dream world and that's your problem. You will have to grow up sometime and take some personal responsibility.

This is what the left wing mainstream media does.

Fox news was showing the same photo. Are they left wing media?

Old 03-28-2012, 01:05 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,117,461 times
Public concern for Travyon Martin is already dropping off. The best measure of ignorance will be those who are still left standing when everyone else has moved on. This includes Al Sharpton and his Rally Pawns.

The rest of us will see the case as a tragedy that was marred by media manipulation, false cries of racism, and utter contempt for Constitutionally protected due process.

The reality of it all will likely mean that the next time someone Cries Wolf, the smart amongst us will turn our collective heads for fear of being wrapped around The Axle of Faux Outrage again.

The Travyon Martin Case has been turned out to be a completely corrupted call of passion and a disservice to American's of all races and intellect.

We won't be fooled again. You can thank those who rushed to judgement for that.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:06 PM

378 posts, read 704,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Unarmed person doesn't know that you're armed, has you on the ground beating you and you don't believe they're going to stop. Before you go unconscious, you pull your weapon. They try to take your weapon once they see it, and you fire. Are you stupid enough to believe that just because a person is unarmed that they can't still kill you or disable you for life?
IF you are being beating while a person is on top of you, explain how you pull out your gun (because it has to be concealed since the person doesn't know the gun is there), take off the safety (which if it's hidden, I'm assuming you would have the safety on so you don't shoot yourself), **** it, aim and fire, all while your head is being pounded into the ground almost to the point of being unconscious. That's some superhuman work right there.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:09 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
It is quite understandable since your limited capacity to understand facts but grasp stupidity in it's fullest can comprehend (opps big word) the fact that this youngman was just returning from the store and being seen by one of your racist brethren.
Since you're trying to come off as the intellectual superior to this poster, you should probably spell OOPS correctly and separate young and man (it's 2 words).

Old 03-28-2012, 01:10 PM

17,377 posts, read 14,622,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
No, not really the folks in Guantánamo Bay might think differently. Actually here is the answer:

[SIZE=3]How Long Can I Be Detained? | JKR Law | Los Angeles Criminal ...[/SIZE]

Now you tell me was there a reason for them to detain him? He was not there long enough forthem to do a drug and alchol test on him AND they gave a potentially dangerous man back his gun
I don't know why this is so hard for you to understand. The police cannot hold someone indefinitely while an investigation is ongoing without charging them.

The police asked the DA for a warrant. DA said, nope, not enough evidence.

It happens. Actually, it happens a lot.

That's not to say that Zimmerman won't eventually be arrested & charged.

3,078 posts, read 4,374,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
The people who are complaining that the "liberal" media and his parents keep showing photos of Trayvor Martin when he was skiing or when he was in his football uniform or hugging his Dad, is because they want the public to know he was a HUMAN BEING. I don't even like all the T-shirts and buttons, unless the money is going to a foundation to prevent gun violence. He's not a symbol. He was a 17 year old teenager who wanted to be a pilot.
There is a distinct possibility that these are the only photos that his parents had of him. The photos of him grimacing at the camera look like he took them himself with a webcam and uploaded them. I've seen some awful webcam pics of people on Facebook.

13,221 posts, read 12,316,695 times
Quote:
Unarmed person doesn't know that you're armed, has you on the ground beating you and you don't believe they're going to stop. Before you go unconscious, you pull your weapon. They try to take your weapon once they see it, and you fire. Are you stupid enough to believe that just because a person is unarmed that they can't still kill you or disable you for life?

Thats why you should not around screwing with people if you are not authorize to do so and especially if you can't fight.

This also makes me wonder this fact as well, what would give a 150lb young man the balls to go after a 250lb man? Hmmmm, I wonder if zimmerman was actually drunk? That would be the only reason that I could think of off the top of my head and since he was not tested it could have been the case

Old 03-28-2012, 01:12 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepchic View Post
IF you are being beating while a person is on top of you, explain how you pull out your gun (because it has to be concealed since the person doesn't know the gun is there), take off the safety (which if it's hidden, I'm assuming you would have the safety on so you don't shoot yourself), **** it, aim and fire, all while your head is being pounded into the ground almost to the point of being unconscious. That's some superhuman work right there.
Maybe you can pull your weapon, maybe you can't. You'd be amazed what you can do once you think you're going to die and your survival instincts kick in.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:13 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,926,868 times
Quote:
Let's use your example as fact, just for argument's sake. So you've been noticing a man following you. He has no authority, 3 arrests for violent crimes, is carrying a gun and chasing you down the street. Of course you don't know about his past criminal history and the other 46 calls he made to 911, or that he told the 911 dispatcher you were suspicious, up to no good and one of those a-holes who always get away. However, you've been watching him follow you in his SUV in the dark and wonder "What's this guy up to? Why is he stalking me?" He approaches you and starts yelling and pushing. You begin beating the living crap out of him because you think he's going to rob, kill or maim you. To quote Zimmerman in the 911 tape "I don't know what his deal is." But Martin is thinking the same thing and is scared.

Didn't you just make a clear cut case of "Stand Your Ground" or at least self defense for Trayvor Martin?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies