Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 04:40 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,543,086 times

Advertisements

[quote=EdwardA;23603107]I agree but i read somewhere this right disappears when a person dies. The problem is the family attacked the character of Zimmerman and the police. They also presented an image that Trayvon was some angel on Earth. Standa to reason Zimmerman and the police will fight back. Pointing out the troubles of Trayvon is one way.[/quote]
Glad to know that zimmerman and the police are one team now.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:08 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,394,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
What have we learned from all of this?
The media sucks. They can't present the facts of a case without distorting it or withholding key elements and they only live to sensationalize a news story. MSNBC in particular has shown to be a farce of a network.
The government is easily pushed into knee jerk reactions and easy prey to hysterics. The President seems to be especially vulnerable. Yet another " D'Oh!" Bama moment.
Some police departments are good and some are bad. Some work with the public to keep them informed,
some try to stay secretive. But if you have a community that is at odds with its police, its mostly always a shared blame .
Race based organizations and civil rights dinosaurs like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are past being irrelevant, now they're becoming dangerous. The way they tried to turn this case into one about race and did their damnedest to create division was borderline criminal. Had anybody been hurt or killed in protests they would have been responsible. Now that the damage is done and their case has imploded they can just crawl away, they've made thier money and got the attention they wanted. Nobody benefitted from their interfering except them.
People do stupid things. Kids do stupid things. Adults do stupid things. Police do stupid things. People in the media do stupid things. Our elected leaders and even the President do stupid things.
All you can do is give somebody a break and try to learn from the stupidity.

Agreed. The police had all of the details of Zimmerman's arrest at the scene and interrogation at the station but did not release these nuggets until after the race hustlers had already started stampeding and threatening violence.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:20 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,522,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ull2015 View Post
This is all irrelevant to the case today...millions of people smoke weed and do graffiti...also the boy was never charged...none of this justifies him being shot. Zimmerman was racial profiling. He pursued the boy and escalated it to a physical situation. The freaking tapes where you could trayvon screaming help. The gun shots and then the screaming stops...this is ridiculous...
You and others so much want this to be a 'racial' profiling incident, it must hurt to even consider tm's race was irrelevant to gz.

Was it tm screaming ? possible, but probably it was gz.

I can't read every post, but I haven't seen any that say the weed and pipe, graffiti, jewelry, 'justify' tm being shot.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:23 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,636,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Well yeah, as they should seeing....

A. Zimmerman had a known violent criminal history.

B. He was a habitual 911 caller...who could be heard ranting about a******* and accusing some random kid walking home from the store he was pursuing of drug use.
A. Please post a link to his criminal record. And while you are evaluating background info, please read about Martin's multiple school suspensions.....

B. Last time I checked calling 911 does not lead to murder or even create the suspicion of murder. In fact, I would expect a neighborhood watch person to call 911 more than the average person. So you need to dig up some other dirt to support your prejudiced conclusion.
That's the problem, if the guy was told time and time again NOT to pursue and he does; then that's bad.

As for the kid, he was suspended once for tardyness, BIG DEAL, BTDT, it's not a big deal as far as things go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
I don't know how many kids YOU KNOW suspended from school three times; I know of none personally.
Once for tardiness, big deal. The other offense of graffiti? I know of a 1st grade girl in this area suspended for that. She was drawing on her desk. Again, could be considered not that big of a deal.

The weed, now that's a problem, IMO.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:23 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,224,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
So people want to say Zimmerman had a right to stand his ground. Doesn't seem anyone is looking at Trevons right to stand his ground... He is having someone follow him and make him feel uncomfortable. So the kid stands his ground and punches out his aggressor... Didn't he have the same right to stand his ground, when threatened? His issue was he brought fists to a gun fight....

Seems they both were wrong to me. Zimmerman didn't stand down , as directed by the police. Trevon attacked Zimmerman instead of other options with the perceived threat..... You just never know what yahoo is carrying a gun... It is always better to err on the side of caution.

trevon was apparently trespassing as he jumped the fence of a gated community. then wonders why someone is following him... not a real bright kid apparently.

The other curiosity is how it seems people want to make it a white vs black race issue when Zimmerman wasn't white.
The scenario you describe is assault. So someone is justified in attacking a person they perceive as following them? Got it.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:45 AM

30,120 posts, read 18,727,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
The scenario you describe is assault. So someone is justified in attacking a person they perceive as following them? Got it.

Agreed. He did not "stand his ground"; he approached Zimmerman as he was walking back to his car, confronted him, and assaulted him. Martin was clearly the agressor who committed the crime, and he suffered the consequences.

This is just another "Tawana Brawley" case in which the "rent a riot" race baiters have created a media sensation, only to look ridiculous when the truth came out. This was just another thug who made a bad decision and paid with this life. The tragedy started with the parents, not Zimmerman.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:48 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,522,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
The fact that confidential student records that might or might not be true were "leaked" doesn't bother anyone? The school won't even confirm this. If Martin was guilty of a crime, he would have an arrest record, not a school suspension. Why is everyone digging for dirt on a shooting victim who was only walking home from the store? I don't get it.

Well, for those of you who are still blaming the victim, the Sanford Police Lead Investigator, Chris Serino, the night of the shooting wanted to arrest Zimmerman on manslaughter charges and was overruled. This has been on the TV news (local, CNN, MSNBC) all night and is on many online sites. (haven't heard anything on Fox News yet)

"Serino, a lead investigator with the Sanford Police Department, apparently did not believe the volunteer neighborhood watchman’s account of the events on that fateful evening last month that resulted in the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin. Serino wanted Zimmerman, 28, locked up, but the state Attorney’s Office said there was not enough evidence to make an arrest, multiple sources told ABC News. In an affidavit taken the night of the Feb. 26 killing, Serino stated he was unconvinced by Zimmerman’s version of events in which he claimed self-defense.

State Attorney Norman Wolfinger refused to comment."

Lead investigator wanted to press charges in Trayvon case - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL

Lead Investigator Wanted Manslaughter Charge

Homicide detective Chris Serino says he wanted George Zimmerman slapped with manslaughter charges in shooting death of Trayvon Martin

In any case, I hope there will be an arrest soon. I don't know if he is guilty of murder, but it certainly has been a botched police investigation.
What you call digging for dirt is no more than trying to learn more about the victim. That's not unusual. The media can decide to print only what the family tells them, but are you surprised in this national case there'd be deeper digging.

This is interesting --- the Sanford Police Lead Investigator, Chris Serino, the night of the shooting wanted to arrest Zimmerman on manslaughter charges and was overruled.--- that must mean there's at least one SPD member who wasn't blinded by racism [unless Serino's a non-white hispanic who's prejudiced against white hispanics ?]. It must be the state attorney who's a racist.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:49 AM

15,896 posts, read 12,010,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks86 View Post
EXACTLY!!! Before I really read into the case, I was shocked some man killed a 12 year old boy, until I realized he was 17 and 6'3 when this happened. The media is doing exactly what they did in the Duke Lacrosse story, their giving false information and twisting things around to get people to talk and tune in. Its such bull**** for them not to use any recent pictures of him, its so misleading.

And for people to now be crying out they shouldn't release anything negative about the boy because his past shouldn't be on trial here because he's dead need to shut up. Listen people, this is what you wanted. All the rallies with sharpton and stuff to crucify someone without knowing all the facts need to suck it up and realize that making this thing so public, the **** on Trayvon is going to come up, whatever is there.

Its a shame the kid is dead, it really is. But its a bigger shame its being made into a complete circus.

Don't get me wrong, if he was killed for no reason justice needs to be served. But let's cut the crap. First off, let's get the facts right before we crucify someone like we did the Duke students a few years ago. Secondly, expect to fight fire with fire. If you wanna crap on the guy who killed him without knowing everything, stop portraying Trayvon for some innocent child. Show his recent pictures and give the facts about what type of kid he was. If he was killed for no reason, then let justice be served, but why don't we all wait for the FACTS to come out.

This doesn't have to be a race issue. But thanks to the ignorance of people and the national media having a field day with the story, let's continue this race against race bull****. People wonder why race is still an issue its because stories like this, which may or may not have anything to do with race, and assumed to be about race and beaten to death on a national scale.
What I've bolded is the truth! No matter what, a 17 year old is dead. I was 17 once! We all were! You felt like you had the world by the balls! And I agree, this does not have to be a race issue! But it's the GOD DAMNED media that likes to incite this bulls***!!! It's why I rarely watch the news networks for no more than 5 minutes or so, because whether it's MSNBC, CNN, or Fox, after listening for 5 minutes or more makes me want to vomit!

Old 03-28-2012, 07:31 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,946,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Agreed. He did not "stand his ground"; he approached Zimmerman as he was walking back to his car, confronted him, and assaulted him. Martin was clearly the agressor who committed the crime, and he suffered the consequences.

This is just another "Tawana Brawley" case in which the "rent a riot" race baiters have created a media sensation, only to look ridiculous when the truth came out. This was just another thug who made a bad decision and paid with this life. The tragedy started with the parents, not Zimmerman.
Glad to know you are clairvoyant, can tell us exactly what happened when the only ones who really know are Zimmerman and Martin, and Martin is dead.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:32 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,374,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
]

So it's OK for someone on the right wing to "point out" that Zimmerman is a registered Democrat? Strange reasoning, my friend.
Where did I say it was OK? It doesn't matter, read my post that you quoted, I say it right there. My point was, if it was found out that Zimmerman was a republican, it wouldn't be 5 mintutes before one of the rabid leftists on the forum posted something like "What a surprise, the TM shooter was a teabagger" or something to that effect. Do you deny that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies