Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 07:49 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Here is the audio tape;

[url=http://mysanfordherald.com/view/full_story/17920502/article-Sanford-police-release-911-calls-in-Trayvon-Martin-shooting]The Sanford Herald - Sanford police release 911 calls in Trayvon Martin shooting[/url]

Zimmerman was standing there talking to the police and Martin started coming towards him.

I'm not sure what had so many people in an uproar over this tape...care to clarify?

It's pretty clear Martin attacked this guy and HE was the one yelling for help.
What tape are you listing to, Sanrene? The one from Pluto? I listened to the official tape on the Sanford Police web site and he clearly tells the police dispatcher that "he's running." I am copying this off of the audio you can clearly listen to on the Sanford Police official site.

Zimmerman: We’ve had some break-ins in my neighborhood and there’s a real suspicious guy. It’s Retreat View Circle. The best address I can give you is 111 Retreat View Circle. This guy looks like he’s up to no good or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around looking about.

911 dispatcher: OK, is he White, Black, or Hispanic?

Zimmerman: He looks black.

911 dispatcher: Did you see what he was wearing?

Zimmerman: Yeah, a dark hoodie like a gray hoodie. He wore jeans or sweat pants and white tennis shoes. He’s here now … he’s just staring.

911 dispatcher: He’s just walking around the area, the houses? OK.

Zimmerman: Now he’s staring at me.

911 dispatcher: OK, you said that’s 1111 Retreat View or 111?

Zimmerman: That’s the clubhouse.

911 dispatcher: He’s near the clubhouse now?

Zimmerman: Yeah, now he’s coming toward me. He’s got his hands in his waist band. And he’s a black male.

911 dispatcher: How old would you say he is?

Zimmerman: He’s got something on his shirt. About like his late teens.

911 dispatcher: Late teens?

Zimmerman: Yeah, now he’s coming toward me. He’s got his hands in his waist band. And he’s a black male.

911 dispatcher: How old would you say he is?

Zimmerman: He’s got something on his shirt. About like his late teens.

911 dispatcher: Late teens?

Zimmerman: Uh, huh. Something’s wrong with him. Yep, he’s coming to check me out.

He’s got something in his hands. I don’t know what his deal is.

911 dispatcher: Let me know if he does anything, OK?

Zimmerman: OK.

911 dispatcher: We’ve got him on the wire. Just let me know if this guy does anything else.

These *******s. They always get away.

When you come to the clubhouse, you come straight in and you go left. Actually, you would go past the clubhouse.

911 dispatcher: OK, so it’s on the left hand side of the clubhouse?

Zimmerman: Yeah. You go in straight through the entrance and then you would go left. You go straight in, don’t turn and make a left.

He’s running.

911 dispatcher: He’s running? Which way is he running?

Zimmerman: Down toward the other entrance of the neighborhood.

911 dispatcher: OK, which entrance is that he’s headed towards?

Zimmerman: The back entrance.

911 dispatcher: Are you following him?

Zimmerman: Yeah.

911 dispatcher: OK. We don’t need you to do that.

911 dispatcher: Alright, sir, what is your name?

Zimmerman: George. He ran.

911 dispatcher: Alright, George, what’s your last name?

Zimmerman: Zimmerman

I left out the rest where the dispatcher asks Zimmerman for his telephone number. As I said, the official 911 call is available for anyone to hear.

Last edited by justNancy; 03-27-2012 at 08:08 PM..

Old 03-27-2012, 07:53 PM

2,119 posts, read 4,169,530 times
I am waiting to hear all the evidence and what the experts they are bringing in to listen to the tapes. They haven't determined whose voice it was calling for help. The assumption is that it is Martin but possibly now could be Zimmerman. Some wittnesses have said Zimmerman was under Martin getting the crapola beat out of him and others say different. It is a tragedy but will we ever know what really happened?

Old 03-27-2012, 07:55 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,909,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
The outrage is not centered on the 911 tape, in itself. The initial uproar was that the police did not make these tapes available to the family.

I don't see anything controversial about the gold teeth pic. The most damning pic (of a bare-chested teen putting up his middle finger) was NOT Trayvon. Do you find this pic equally threatening:
That dude looks like a tweaker altho I may be wrong. Meth's mostly a white thing and NO ONE I know likes or wants tweakers around. Tweakers are the same kind low life as hood rats although they have different color skin.

Old 03-27-2012, 08:09 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times

Michelle Malkin, a right wing blogger, who posted this photo, has admitted it is not Trayvor Martin and has issued an apology.

Old 03-27-2012, 08:11 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,139,099 times
Everybody think about this for a second. You honestly think the police dept would just not arrest someone because the victim was black? Really? Do you not think for a moment that there was not only an investigation to do but that perhaps the evidence theyve had so far doesnt justify an arrest?!

First, you would not of even heard about this if the victim was not black and the shooter couldnt be called something close to "white".

Second, as usual when there is a black "victim" and the "suspect" is not black and can be called "white" or is white why is it ALWAYS assumed by the usual suspects that its a RACE issue?

You know by now that all these idiots in the media, hollywood, and the fake reverends never had all the facts or chose to ignore some of the reports. And you know damn well most of them dont give a damn about what really happened, but they know they can use this to push their platform and their beliefs.

Lastly, when even our own President inserts himself into this and basically says the victim looks like what his son would if he had one (because he is black), instead of trying to calm rising tensions....dont you think there is something wrong with that?! Hell, even if you are a liberal, how the hell does that sit okay with you?

How the hell does it sit well with you that the two fake reverends with the worst track records in regards to race "issues" and hysteria are leading the charge here.....and do so AGAIN with out a care about the reports or facts of the case.....

You even have Spike Lee tweeting an address of what he thinks is Zimmermans, which if you have common sense and decency youd know that was wrong to do so to begin with. But to make it worse, he retweets the wrong address putting someone else's life at risk.

And where is most of the media in all this? Finally starting to report on some of the other side but barely. Still giving the race hustlers like Spike, Sharpton passes. The media did more to keep up fanning the flames as well.

There were only two people there that night with a possible one or two witnesses to what partially happened. Quit acting like you think you know what happened and calling for someones head. And its time you stop supporting a President who wants nothing more than rising racial tensions. After all, what better way to get blacks fired up and involved? He needs them to get out in vote this year, and here we have again, why let a "crisis" go to waste.

Old 03-27-2012, 08:11 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,918,725 times
Yes, that's not the Trayvon in question. And when it's repeatedly posted, it hurts the cause of us who are upset by the obvious media bias and involvement.

Old 03-27-2012, 08:15 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Mayor of Philadelphia tells the youth put the hoodies down...

Stop scaring people.

Michael Nutter - Mayor of Philadelphia Church Speech Sunday August 7, 2011 - YouTube

Old 03-27-2012, 08:16 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,139,099 times
We dont need to be putting Trayvons past on trial here either. That has nothing to do with what happened that night. It was a tragedy and we need to let the investigation take its course. If they find his story credible due to witnesses or whatever, then so be it. Thats the law. If they think they need to take him to trial and think he did something intentional or whatever then let him defend himself in a court of law, though I cant imagine how he gets a fair trial now.
Bottom line is, if they believed he should be arrested they wouldve done so by now. Obviously they do not yet have the evidence. So why dont many of you calling for his head wiat until you have all that evidence to make a decision in your own mind?

Old 03-27-2012, 08:17 PM

409 posts, read 254,557 times
Let me get this straight. If you approach someone and they try to beat you to death, you can't defend yourself?

Old 03-27-2012, 08:17 PM

1,384 posts, read 3,178,100 times
The picture above might be fake, but this one is not. Even Media Matters had to acknowledge it. It came from his own Twitter account. He was not the sweet little child that the media portraits him to be. He was 17, not 12. Why does the media keeps using a picture of a pre-teen Trayvor?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies