Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 02:03 AM

954 posts, read 1,281,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Who aren't ignorant?
Oh, good job, you've spotted a grammatical error, and on the internet of all places...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2011, 02:09 AM

140 posts, read 298,881 times
When they first talked about TSA agents they talked about how hard it would to become one, they would be very strict in their screening/hiring process.

I guess they picked those willing to feel up a 90 year old woman or remove the diaper from a 2 year old girl.

The TSA needs to begin training by those that have been doing this type thing for a VERY long time, Israeli agents, they have "profiling" down to a science, everyone gets their bags searched while they are present too.

To be somewhat fair here .... How many people fly from an airport in the US each day ? 1 million? 10 million? more ? How many of those have any real, NOT imagined, problems? They want to get an xray of me and the boys .. SO? If this will get me on the plane faster lets do it.

The problem I have when I hear about the bad cases is "why was this person singled out", yeah sure, they didn't follow the "rules" but this is where "profiling" is very handy.

A 80 year old woman that needs to wear a diaper due to medical condition probably isn't a security risk, requiring a shorter conversation.
A 20 something male of middle eastern descent may be so you have a little conversation with him and take a "read" of his personality then screen accordingly.

Year sure the terrorists can send a 80 year old woman on a mission and we are back to the profiling stage.

Does the situation seem a bit "off" ?
A couple of the attendants on 9/11 had this feeling.

Years ago I had this "feeling" about another at work, turns out he was a rapist.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offsetdude View Post
When they first talked about TSA agents they talked about how hard it would to become one, they would be very strict in their screening/hiring process.

I guess they picked those willing to feel up a 90 year old woman or remove the diaper from a 2 year old girl.

The TSA needs to begin training by those that have been doing this type thing for a VERY long time, Israeli agents, they have "profiling" down to a science, everyone gets their bags searched while they are present too.

To be somewhat fair here .... How many people fly from an airport in the US each day ? 1 million? 10 million? more ? How many of those have any real, NOT imagined, problems? They want to get an xray of me and the boys .. SO? If this will get me on the plane faster lets do it.

The problem I have when I hear about the bad cases is "why was this person singled out", yeah sure, they didn't follow the "rules" but this is where "profiling" is very handy.

A 80 year old woman that needs to wear a diaper due to medical condition probably isn't a security risk, requiring a shorter conversation.
A 20 something male of middle eastern descent may be so you have a little conversation with him and take a "read" of his personality then screen accordingly.

Year sure the terrorists can send a 80 year old woman on a mission and we are back to the profiling stage.

Does the situation seem a bit "off" ?
A couple of the attendants on 9/11 had this feeling.

Years ago I had this "feeling" about another at work, turns out he was a rapist.
The Israeli security system wouldn't work for a number of reasons - it would be unconstitutional, for one.

Another issue is simply an issue of practicality. The entire nation of Israel has a population of 7.7 million, and fewer flights per capita than we have. To institute their security protocols would paralyze our system.

As for being strict in the screening process, I got paid 36,000 a year (in California, which had a 25% locality) when I worked there, which was fine for a college student, but...

Old 07-27-2011, 07:20 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nr5667 View Post
The Israeli security system wouldn't work for a number of reasons - it would be unconstitutional, for one.
You mean unconstitutional just as it is now?

Old 07-27-2011, 07:27 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Until you find a video with her assaulting them first, doesn't matter. TSA cannot assault would-be passengers. Period. The fact that she's a loose cannon is irrelevant.

Go have a beer with your buddy Obama and chill out. The TSA is wrong on this one.
Ah, so you can't produce the full video...can't explain what happened to the officers, or the charges against the gal and when questioned about getting MORE FACTS you get all cute about me drinking brews with Obama?

You understand that a lot of the info I'm asking for would demonstrate HOW the TSA would or WOULD NOT discipline for these types of actions. Let's assume they are 100% in the wrong, it's critical to know if they were even punished isn't it? I mean that my level of outrage would skyrocket as idiots can make mistakes but to then after the fact in the calm not even be punished would be beyond the pale now wouldn't it.

But hey, let's not get facts....let's not get information....and by all means anyone asking for any of these things is unamerican.

I guess you don't get the irony that you are mad at "facist actions" but are essentially trying to shout me down or silence my trying to get to the bottom of the repercussions and entire scenario.

What's even funnier is alluding that I'm politically motivated (I'm as independant as they come) when you are one of the most partisan people in these forums. Really, that's hypocrisy so thick you can slice it up and serve it with a fork.

So fine. Ignore facts and blow smoke, makes you look just like the TSA or politicians in general.

Old 07-27-2011, 07:40 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nr5667 View Post
Oh, good job, you've spotted a grammatical error, and on the internet of all places...
Yep, corrections are different from erections.

Old 07-27-2011, 07:44 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Ah, so you can't produce the full video...can't explain what happened to the officers, or the charges against the gal and when questioned about getting MORE FACTS you get all cute about me drinking brews with Obama?
Burden of proof is on TSA and their neo-prog apologists. So far the footage shows no hands laid on TSA but her being assaulted. Until that changes...

Old 07-27-2011, 10:05 AM

Quote:
You mean unconstitutional just as it is now?
No, unconstitutional because the Israeli system would require us to profile based upon race, religion, etc.

Our system, as I have said multiple times, is not unconstitutional. You may not like it, but the courts apparently don't take your opinion into consideration when making their rulings.

Old 07-27-2011, 01:44 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Burden of proof is on TSA and their neo-prog apologists. So far the footage shows no hands laid on TSA but her being assaulted. Until that changes...
Ah, more name calling in response to my asking such *bad* questions like "were the employees fired?" and "were the charges dropped against her?"

Any responsible honest patriot would want to know WHAT happened to the guys that did this. Did they get a medal and a new car? Were they executed? Honestly, WTH happened?

But that isn't you. You don't care. Then comes the name calling your posts are mental skidmarks.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:20 PM

1,410 posts, read 2,139,829 times
Last night, before falling asleep, I was working on a New York Times crossword puzzle. One of the clues, 44-across, was "Air passenger protection org." There were 3 spaces for the answer. It started with 't', based on the intersecting answer. But I thought, no way could the answer be 'TSA', because they do not protect air passengers! Much to my chagrin, after filling in the other 2 down answers, the answer was indeed TSA. But seriously, folks, who will protect us from them?! And considering how litiguous our society is these days, why aren't more people suing them for all these injustices?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies