Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 08:44 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,279,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Summers, I've asked you repeatedly for more info. Not only haven't you been able to provide it, you also don't even respond.

Secondly, the video has been CROPPED to only start where the altercation begins....very convenient.

I'm calling BS.

(Especially after the matchmaker show, raises a lot of questions about how this crazy duck might behave.)
Until you find a video with her assaulting them first, doesn't matter. TSA cannot assault would-be passengers. Period. The fact that she's a loose cannon is irrelevant.

Go have a beer with your buddy Obama and chill out. The TSA is wrong on this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 09:43 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,254,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nr5667 View Post
It isn't forced, so your entire premise is flawed.

Once you begin the process, it becomes an administrative search, and so no probable cause or warrant is required and you are required by law to complete it.

I worked there for four years - never once did I take off a prosthesis or make someone walk without a brace. There may have been isolated and unauthorized instances of that happening, but it certainly was not SOP.

Also, they can't tell the police to arrest anyone, the police decide whether or not they want to arrest anyone. I worked for the TSA in California - we'd get people with pot all the time who had a medical marijuana card, cops saw the card, and the passenger went on their marry way with the pot.
I simply argue that feeling up breasts and testicles is not acceptable. If its something a stranger does and its assualt then the TSA is performing an assualt. I have one of those conditions. If someone wants to see it, we go to a private place, I show and NOBODY touches. I won't be a show for someone. The publicised accounts show this is NOT how its being done. Furthermore, there is no use for me to go through the cancermachine since it will mean you have to see anyway.

People who have been abused, where privacy has been abused, and other things claimed that they don't happen should be able to file a complaint against the agents and it be judged fairly. The employment requirements should be raised to at the minimum certified training in real security. And all should be accontable for all of their actions.

Passangers need to be allowed to refuse without penalty and leave and be compensated for actions they do not give implicit approval. It's all about preserving respect for the individual and especially the respect given to children, the disabled, and others who retain the right to say no.

The real security would be some truely trained people who look at behavior and observe if there is reason. No reason let them go. And dogs sniffing. Beagles are very friendly dogs but have the second best nose in dogs. Instead of defending the show, think of better and reaistic ways to do it.

I also believe I have a right to decide to leave without penalty and get every penny back. Confining people in the closed room and the procedures are intended to teach us we should give up rights which trum some ineffective show of security anyway.

Remember, the tsa has caught no one. Just people standing up for their rights. And the guy from Mythbusters had (unknown to him) a large blade in a case which was not noticed since the agents were so interested in celebrity. And the guy who had a loaded Glock in his bag but they were pulling out shampoo from the next bag. He showed security at the airport when he arrived, as he had thought he'd moved it.

Basically for all the show and intimidation, it just plain does not work. And the rest of those airport employees just walk in and out and could drop in what they want. This isn't even about security, just power.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:21 PM

954 posts, read 1,280,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
I simply argue that feeling up breasts and testicles is not acceptable. If its something a stranger does and its assualt then the TSA is performing an assualt. I have one of those conditions. If someone wants to see it, we go to a private place, I show and NOBODY touches. I won't be a show for someone. The publicised accounts show this is NOT how its being done. Furthermore, there is no use for me to go through the cancermachine since it will mean you have to see anyway.

People who have been abused, where privacy has been abused, and other things claimed that they don't happen should be able to file a complaint against the agents and it be judged fairly. The employment requirements should be raised to at the minimum certified training in real security. And all should be accontable for all of their actions.

Passangers need to be allowed to refuse without penalty and leave and be compensated for actions they do not give implicit approval. It's all about preserving respect for the individual and especially the respect given to children, the disabled, and others who retain the right to say no.

The real security would be some truely trained people who look at behavior and observe if there is reason. No reason let them go. And dogs sniffing. Beagles are very friendly dogs but have the second best nose in dogs. Instead of defending the show, think of better and reaistic ways to do it.

I also believe I have a right to decide to leave without penalty and get every penny back. Confining people in the closed room and the procedures are intended to teach us we should give up rights which trum some ineffective show of security anyway.

Remember, the tsa has caught no one. Just people standing up for their rights. And the guy from Mythbusters had (unknown to him) a large blade in a case which was not noticed since the agents were so interested in celebrity. And the guy who had a loaded Glock in his bag but they were pulling out shampoo from the next bag. He showed security at the airport when he arrived, as he had thought he'd moved it.

Basically for all the show and intimidation, it just plain does not work. And the rest of those airport employees just walk in and out and could drop in what they want. This isn't even about security, just power.
Your opinion on its efficacy isn't relevant. The TSA and its procedures are entirely constitutional.

The publicized accounts show that employees break the rules on occasion, it does not prove that the entirety of the TSA breaks the rules.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:59 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,690,230 times
Quote:
Your opinion on its efficacy isn't relevant. The TSA and its procedures are entirely constitutional.

The publicized accounts show that employees break the rules on occasion, it does not prove that the entirety of the TSA breaks the rules.
You're one of those people who would immediately get on his knees when the police illegally bust through his door and beg that they take him into their ranks instead of sending him to a secret prison

Old 07-26-2011, 11:02 PM

I seriously cannot wait for the day that this sad rent-a-cop agency is finally disbanded and its army of thugs is forced to go back to their day jobs at McDonalds et al.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
You're one of those people who would immediately get on his knees when the police illegally bust through his door and beg that they take him into their ranks instead of sending him to a secret prison
No, I'm one of those people that isn't ignorant.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:05 PM

They break the rules on more than just 'occasion.' I wonder how many incidents don't get much press coverage? And the TSA hasn't had a damn thing done to it. They just try and justify their brutality and violation of people's rights and everybody just nods their heads lest they end up facing the business-end of a high school dropout's nightstick.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
They break the rules on more than just 'occasion.' I wonder how many incidents don't get much press coverage? And the TSA hasn't had a damn thing done to it. They just try and justify their brutality and violation of people's rights and everybody just nods their heads lest they end up facing the business-end of a high school dropout's nightstick.
And once again, your opinion is irrelevant - the TSA is a legal entity, operating in a constitutional manner, and with a set of rules that do not allow the behavior outlined in several of those incidences that garnered coverage.

Ergo, they are not violating anyone's rights, and as for brutality, no TSA employee has ever beat a passenger with a nightstick, so stop making things up, please.

Old 07-27-2011, 12:59 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
No one is being force to fly. Everyone knows the consequences of what can or may happen with flying today. If you like it or not, the TSA is their too do their job, now do i think too many of them take their job literally to personally, yep i do. This is tricky, because if we do not have these agents doing their job, people will bi--- because of safety, and when we do have these agents doing their job, so many are against it. This is a no win situation. Maybe they should pick the people for these jobs a little better, or they should go to school. Something, because i hear so many complaints on this subject.

Old 07-27-2011, 01:33 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,318,165 times
Quote:
No, I'm one of those people that isn't ignorant.
Who aren't ignorant?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies