Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 06:06 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,380,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
So why deny women access to and funding for birth control and health care coverage? We all know abstainance-only education is a colossal failure. Less birth control = more abortions.
That's the key thing though......and it probably would gain pro lifers more support if they simply spent time trying to push for broader access to BC. Oh the republicans can have their little victories in the next few months, before courts begin to strike the laws down. Idaho doesn't have a texas court and falls under the 9th circuit, so lets see the chance of this law holding up there. And lets see what happens when women turn out in droves this election to vote against the right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2012, 06:09 PM

840 posts, read 787,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
1. your wife might not agree with you, and in the end you might never know if she decided to have one or not.

2. Murder is illegal, abortion is not thus it does not fall under the definition of murder. And plenty of people have responsible sex and have BC failures.

She does we had that discussion before we got married. The ONLY time she would have an abortion is when we both agreed to it and only time that would be is if the baby was mentally or physically handicapped or her life was in danger.

Your opinion. Just because the scum in the robes haven't declared it so murdering a baby is murder plain and simple.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:09 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,400,994 times
Quote:
That's the key thing though......and it probably would gain pro lifers more support if they simply spent time trying to push for broader access to BC. Oh the republicans can have their little victories in the next few months, before courts begin to strike the laws down. Idaho doesn't have a texas court and falls under the 9th circuit, so lets see the chance of this law holding up there. And lets see what happens when women turn out in droves this election to vote against the right.
Like I said, I know this much about women: they dislike being told what to do, and they have long memories. Obama's approval among women is already up double digits nationally. That's HUGE in an election where more women than men vote.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:11 PM

3,512 posts, read 3,176,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPON View Post
1. I am married so I don't need to go around whoring my self out and have no need to worry about getting an abortion. I would welcome more kids

2. It isn't government intrusion when you are trying to commit murder. If you want to be irresponsible then don't have sex.
RPON,

But you've stated in other threads that if the child was mentally or physically defective then you would choose abortion.

Quote:
I am not an "abortion supporter" I actually don't like the murder of babies,but there is no point in bringing a child into the world and it having a horrible life its self and you having to take care of it 24/7 I say its responsible to make sure and get an abortion IF there is something wrong which we would have done with either of our kids if something had been wrong.
I can respect that you have your beliefs on the issue, but it seems you're being somewhat selective about what you consider murder.

(Edit: I see you brought this up yourself in post #42 as I was writing this)

Old 03-19-2012, 06:11 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,515,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Oh yeah, the entire Republican party has made so many attacks on women over the years. It's a wonder any of them are married since they are all such beasts.
This is true.

Quote:
Hope you are wearing your bullet proof vest cause these pro-choicers will insult you personally and twist your words for your stance as a pro-lifer. They don't know how to debate civilly. Take my advice and don't even bother to try and debate with them.
Quit whining.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:12 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,400,994 times
Quote:
I am not against giving low income folks who have medicaid birth control.Others can afford it.
Fair enough, but the hypocrisy argument won't go away. How can the GOP be anti-Obamacare as government intrusion and then pass far more personally intrusive legislation of the type we're seeing in the states?

Old 03-19-2012, 06:13 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,848,359 times
Ok, some woman decides she wants an abortion, and some tool forcing her to look at the ultrasound is going to change her mind?

I'd have better luck teaching my cat to be a vegetarian than forcing my wife to do something against her will.

How has the liberty and small government party decided it has better judgment than a woman in a case like this?

Good luck with this one!

Old 03-19-2012, 06:14 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,427,504 times
Quote:
She does we had that discussion before we got married. The ONLY time she would have an abortion is when we both agreed to it and only time that would be is if the baby was mentally or physically handicapped or her life was in danger.

Your opinion. Just because the scum in the robes haven't declared it so murdering a baby is murder plain and simple.
If BC is going to be provided for free or a small co-pay for women with insurance then why aren't condoms treated as such for men?

As for abortion being murder on a moral ground. I agree with you.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:15 PM

256 posts, read 208,144 times
Quote:
That's just about it. They want the fun of sex without paying the consquences of getting pregnant and then they want to kill the baby without any guilt. Seeing it fills them with guilt. Good, it should!
So it's the job of the government to make people guilty? You don't know these people or what they are going though and trying to manipulate them is just plain evil.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:15 PM

11,674 posts, read 11,312,686 times
Quote:
Murder is illegal, abortion is not thus it does not fall under the definition of murder. And plenty of people have responsible sex and have BC failures.
I agree to an extent. Sadly, many women have multiple abortions and see it as a form of BC in and of itself. These are the despicable ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies