Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 10:40 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,450,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Many Catholic priests would be more than willing to teach any young boys the more practical aspects of sex. All in a safe, confidential environment of course.
And when was the last time you saw a Catholic priest teaching in a public school ?

Deflect much ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2012, 10:43 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,110,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPON View Post
Utah lawmakers pass bill to curb sex education in schools - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/utah-lawmakers-pass-bill-curb-sex-education-schools-045319709.html - broken link)

Good! Should be left up to the parents and should be voluntary in schools. As usual the democrats in Utah says a parent can't be expected to do this for their kids. Believe me my parents never had "the talk" with me. I was old enough to figure it all out for my self. Democrat's want a cradle to grave nanny system.
...hilarious. The same people that are complaining about the people having children when they aren't ready, and abortions being awful, and welfare mothers being rampant want to end the only source of educating young people on how to not get pregnant...

Old 03-08-2012, 10:44 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,806,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPON View Post
Utah lawmakers pass bill to curb sex education in schools - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/utah-lawmakers-pass-bill-curb-sex-education-schools-045319709.html - broken link)

Good! Should be left up to the parents and should be voluntary in schools. As usual the democrats in Utah says a parent can't be expected to do this for their kids. Believe me my parents never had "the talk" with me. I was old enough to figure it all out for my self. Democrat's want a cradle to grave nanny system.
I was raised (partly) in the Utah education system and there really wasn't a sex-education system to begin with. I had to learn from Hugh Heffner and "guess n' gosh" instead.

Though honestly it's an accomplishment for the Utah education system to spit out kids who can read (Heffner helped me learn that too) so I guess I can't expect much from them.

Old 03-08-2012, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Sex Ed shouldn't be taught in schools it should be taught by a father, mother or her sister wives.
Why? Should biology be taught at home? How about math? There's a key word in Sex Ed that points you to where it should be taught.

Old 03-08-2012, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
...hilarious. The same people that are complaining about the people having children when they aren't ready, and abortions being awful, and welfare mothers being rampant want to end the only source of educating young people on how to not get pregnant...
Gee, have ALL the kids been abandoned by their parents? You know..the FAMILY that is supposed to raise their kids and teach them.

School is for academics; it shouldn't replace "the parents".

Old 03-08-2012, 10:47 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,936,702 times
Quote:
Why? Should biology be taught at home? How about math? There's a key word in Sex Ed that points you to where it should be taught.
You really couldn't tell I was being sarcastic? Holy s**t. I figured the "sister wives" part of that was a dead give away.

Old 03-08-2012, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Gee, have ALL the kids been abandoned by their parents? You know..the FAMILY that is supposed to raise their kids and teach them.

School is for academics; it shouldn't replace "the parents".
Since when is the onus of EDUCATION placed on parents and not qualified professionals? Who knows more about preventing pregnancy or STD transmittal: your parents or a random, qualified SexEd professional?

Old 03-08-2012, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Since when is the onus of EDUCATION placed on parents and not qualified professionals? Who knows more about preventing pregnancy or STD transmittal: your parents or a random, qualified SexEd professional?
Well the left would say a random SexEd professional.
BTW..what qualifies a person as a SexEd "professional" ?
Is that part of NCLB's "highly qualified" teaching mandate ?

Old 03-08-2012, 10:50 AM

2,677 posts, read 2,616,093 times
Quote:
The religious prude contingent wants to ensure their children remain uneducated. They're afraid they might actually try it someday.

Old 03-08-2012, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
You really couldn't tell I was being sarcastic? Holy s**t. I figured the "sister wives" part of that was a dead give away.
Sometimes it's hard to separate out the goofy comments from goofy comments made in jest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies