Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2012, 09:22 AM

5,113 posts, read 6,010,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
Note that he socialized with Ayers and Dohrn three weeks before his death. Would have been very easy to have administered slow acting poison that mimicked the symptoms of a heart attack and leaves no trace in an autopsy. Do I actually think that A & D would do such a thing and commit murder on such a hated foe? Sure do.
They were probably involved, as well as Obama and others, but the actual hit was done by very experienced assassins ... AKA CIA.

Old 03-02-2012, 09:22 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,982,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Hate to tell you this but death is going to come around to us all. That is the one thing in life you can NOT avoid

So yes it came around and will for us all
I was referring to his public show of disrespect for the Ted Kennedy after he died. Therefore, Breitbart is not necessarily worthy of respect after his death either.

Andrew Breitbart Unleashes A Torrent Of Invective Against Sen. Ted Kennedy’s Legacy On Twitter
Andrew Breitbart Unleashes A Torrent Of Invective Against Sen. Ted Kennedy's Legacy On Twitter | ThinkProgress

Old 03-02-2012, 09:26 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,360,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
There are some seriously horrible people posting to this thread. If you were my friends in real life and I have many from all parts of the political spectrum and said things like this after brietbart or an al franken or if something happened to Obama.....I'd pretty much start to put as much distance on as possible.

Wow. Get some help people.
Oh fecking stop it already.

You know I was thinking about it yesterday while watching the phony tribute to him on MSNBC who tried artfully to acknowledge their mild disagreement with the public figure while trying to respect the private man. That's what seems to be the thing to do nowadays in media, and it just goes to show that the whole thing is a dog and pony show, whether we're talking about Fox News or MSNBC.

The simple fact is the Breitbart, regardless of what he was like in private among friends, was a complete and utter wanker who used his power and his leverage in the media to attack people who were a-political in an attempt to smear his political adversaries. That, my friend, is what many decent people would call chickensh*t. Because any MAN -- any REAL man -- knows that the honorable thing to do is to pick on someone who can defend themselves. Instead he took ordinary people who were just doing their jobs and tried to smear them, just to make the president and his democratic adversaries look bad. There is nothing heroic about that; there's not even anything really democratic or libertarian about that. He was just being a disgusting, yeast-infested vagina of a human being for doing that. And I doubt Shirley Sherrod or the individual employees who worked for ACORN are sniveling one bit over the death of a man who tried to ruin their lives just to score a political point with Barack Obama and Nancy Pelosi.

But it's not surprising that many republitards identify with someone who is a chickensh*t. Republitards typically embrace chickensh*t and chickensh*t policies. They embrace beating up on the poor. They embrace invading third world countries and fly off the handle and pee in their pants if third world countries actually try to develop their own military capabilities. They embrace war in general but won't dare set foot in a recruiting office to enlist and will make up all kinds of excuses to avoid being drafted. Republitards are basically lowly, cowardly people, whose values are reflected by cowardly bloggers who sit behind the safety of their keyboards and security of their social networks.

So if you want me to say kind things about Andrew Breitbart, sorry, bro, I'm gonna have to hold up the mirror on this one. I would just offer you this: If you want people to respect you in death, then don't be a prick in life.

Old 03-02-2012, 09:29 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,231,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Lesson learned. if you are a loud conservative, expect to be murdered.
Completely different from the lesson I took from it. Don't take your health for granted. don't stress, eat healthy, exercise, don't abuse alcohol or drugs, and enjoy every minute like it was your last.

Old 03-02-2012, 09:30 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,849,012 times
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds
Saddam killed people through a meat grinder, think your analogy is way off trying to put Breitbart there. I certainly don't go into threads to demonize others in their passing. I think it's fine to mention a person won't be missed, but to carry on is overkill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
So it is okay to not maintain higher class than the person in question on some occasions based on one's whims. Right?
It's obvious that dancing on graves was the point. Progressives are showing their pettiness, when a mans life means nothing if it was spent proving them wrong, which he did with ease, regularly.

Old 03-02-2012, 09:31 AM

17,522 posts, read 24,819,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
They were probably involved, as well as Obama and others, but the actual hit was done by very experienced assassins ... AKA CIA.
If you watched his lasst appearance on The Young Turks you would have seen him dressed like a homeless person looking drugged out and babbling incoherently. This guy was using something heavy and it killed him

Old 03-02-2012, 09:33 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,970,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds
Saddam killed people through a meat grinder, think your analogy is way off trying to put Breitbart there. I certainly don't go into threads to demonize others in their passing. I think it's fine to mention a person won't be missed, but to carry on is overkill.

It's obvious that dancing on graves was the point. Progressives are showing their pettiness, when a mans life means nothing if it was spent proving them wrong, which he did with ease, regularly.
Breitbart was a progressive?

Old 03-02-2012, 09:36 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,725,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Oh fecking stop it already.

You know I was thinking about it yesterday while watching the phony tribute to him on MSNBC who tried artfully to acknowledge their mild disagreement with the public figure while trying to respect the private man. That's what seems to be the thing to do nowadays in media, and it just goes to show that the whole thing is a dog and pony show, whether we're talking about Fox News or MSNBC.

The simple fact is the Breitbart, regardless of what he was like in private among friends, was a complete and utter wanker who used his power and his leverage in the media to attack people who were a-political in an attempt to smear his political adversaries. That, my friend, is what many decent people would call chickensh*t. Because any MAN -- any REAL man -- knows that the honorable thing to do is to pick on someone who can defend themselves. Instead he took ordinary people who were just doing their jobs and tried to smear them, just to make the president and his democratic adversaries look bad. There is nothing heroic about that; there's not even anything really democratic or libertarian about that. He was just being a disgusting, yeast-infested vagina of a human being for doing that. And I doubt Shirley Sherrod or the individual employees who worked for ACORN are sniveling one bit over the death of a man who tried to ruin their lives just to score a political point with Barack Obama and Nancy Pelosi.

But it's not surprising that many republitards identify with someone who is a chickensh*t. Republitards typically embrace chickensh*t and chickensh*t policies. They embrace beating up on the poor. They embrace invading third world countries and fly off the handle and pee in their pants if third world countries actually try to develop their own military capabilities. They embrace war in general but won't dare set foot in a recruiting office to enlist and will make up all kinds of excuses to avoid being drafted. Republitards are basically lowly, cowardly people, whose values are reflected by cowardly bloggers who sit behind the safety of their keyboards and security of their social networks.

So if you want me to say kind things about Andrew Breitbart, sorry, bro, I'm gonna have to hold up the mirror on this one. I would just offer you this: If you want people to respect you in death, then don't be a prick in life.
You're on a roll, bro. All well said and very true. I wish I could rep you right now. Hell, I wish I could rep this post a few times.

Old 03-02-2012, 09:41 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,360,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
"Proving them wrong" is a subjective point you're trying to argue.

Breitbart was a coward who used his power as a well-bankrolled and well-connected media star to inflict real pain on people who were nothing more than hourly employees and in the case of Sherrod, an otherwise unremarkable bureaucrat who had earned at least enough respect to be promoted over time. Moreover, he used tactics that were later revealed, upon investigation, to be dubious at best, and outright fraudulent at worst. He clearly doctored and manipulated the truth because he thought that the 'truth' can't be trusted to tell its own story, that he has to make it up where it doesn't exist. But it's not really surprising, and I can see the appeal to republitards, because it seems like every republitard who comes to Breitbart's defense and wants to eulogize the prick has similarly psychotic attitudes toward the working poor and otherwise mundane people. So it really comes as no surprise.

I find it really, really, really disingenuous that republitards who on the one hand revel and take delight in the pain that people like Andrew Breitbart seem to inflict with glee want us to suddenly take a moment of pause to reflect soberly on the quality of his life. I find it even more disingenuous that people who have consistently amped up the vitriolic nature of the rhetoric against people with whom they disagree are now suddenly indignant at the fact that Breitbart's being mocked and maligned in death, and that the tone ain't exactly pretty. Look, bro, Andrew Breitbart absolutely contributed to this bitterly partisan, cynical, vitriolic, and caustic tone that has continued to increasingly permeate the public discourse and seems to predominate over the airwaves and in cyberspace. On a personal level, no, I don't take delight in his death, but I'm not going to hold hands and act fake and ignore the negative impact he had on people and frankly on my democracy that I happen to care very much about.

Old 03-02-2012, 09:42 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,982,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
If you watched his lasst appearance on The Young Turks you would have seen him dressed like a homeless person looking drugged out and babbling incoherently. This guy was using something heavy and it killed him
That was my impression also.

Andrew Breitbart Dead - A Final Interview, Acorn, & Occupy - YouTube

Last edited by jojajn; 03-02-2012 at 09:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.