Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2012, 05:44 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So now its the fault of the rich that your granny chose to have 12 kids.. How do you figure that?
I bet this is their answer...."The church didn't allow them to have birth control."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 05:46 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,069,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Reading most of these post, it is surprising that some of y'all don't just come on out with it.

The rich are rich because God loves them best.

I'll tell my granny who tended to 12 kids, cleaned the house, washed in tubs with a washboard, grew and canned everything thing her family consumed that it was all her fault that she died poor.

Smart hard work accounts for the rich, my a$$.
I wonder if the decision to have 12 kids might have contributed to her indigence?

Old 02-01-2012, 05:47 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,204,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
People "willing" to work for $5.00/hr, monopolistic practices being good, Obama not responsible for the auto bailouts (Bush is), poor people are poor because they don't go to school... conservative arguments. No actual defense possible so insults and put downs are the only way the conservative responds to counter-argument. The interested can look at what Wikipedia (conservatives hate Wikipedia and other factual sources of information) has to say about something called a GINI index.

H
Yep, i think facts hurt the wingnuts' head. All the countries they luv to hate have best Gini number. I guess that make the Gini number bogus. LOL

Old 02-01-2012, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
define "willing"...
will·ing

   [wil-ing]
adjective 1. disposed or consenting; inclined: willing to go along.

2. cheerfully consenting or ready: a willing worker.

3. done, given, borne, used, etc., with cheerful readiness.

Old 02-01-2012, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
If you're really a top 10% earner then you surely understand the simple economics that you cannot collect money from those who don't have it.

The "poor" are not and never were my customers.

Old 02-01-2012, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Shhhh.... Obama has been taking credit for the auto bailouts.
That's right.

"I saved the auto industry" is embedded in mr. teleprompter.

He's been taking credit for it for three years.

Old 02-01-2012, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
So, poor people like starving and not being able to afford luxuries?

How many poor people have you known?
I've known many poor people, being raised poor myself.

The difference was this....my father worked two jobs most of the time until he started his own business....then he started working LONG hours.

Old 02-01-2012, 05:54 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,463,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
Yet they all seem to have the latest electronics, cable TV, air conditioning, etc.
They? Who are they? I know a some who don't seem to have the latest...
Yes, it looks different from outside. And there are many who take advantage of the system. Absolutely. The same as so many wealthy folks evade paying taxes. That doesn't mean that the top 10% don't pay large sums in taxes.

Old 02-01-2012, 05:55 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,202,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
hey loan it to the poor who are forced to pay the wealthy interest for the pleasure of using that loaned money.
I know many, what next they'll start charging the poor for other services like car washes and hair cuts.

Old 02-01-2012, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
You keep saying that but what does that mean?

Are you saying that poor people want to not be able to eat? Are you saying poor people don't want to be able to afford shoes, shirts, and pants? Are you saying poor people wouldn't like to drive around in a nice fancy car?
Are you are saying that people choose to die of hunger?

Think about what you are saying.

Thanks for clearing it up that people go through hunger and starvation because they want to.

Apparently, poor people hate having money and nice things. They rather live in broken down neighborhoods where they can get robbed or shot.
If YOUR family was as important to YOU as MINE is to ME, you certainly shouldn't allow hunger.

Life is tough, wear a helmet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies