Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2012, 03:33 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,408,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
No, she never apologized. She said she regrets posing for the photo but never apologized for supporting Vietnamese communist troops nor calling returning POWs liars for reporting the torture they endured. Try again.
She also never apologized to the POWs who were forced to meet with her. Nor has she apologized to the men who were tortured because they refused to meet with her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 03:35 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,651,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
It's now been nearly 50 years since the introduction of large numbers of ground troops into Vietnam. By the same token, 50 years before that was WWI and I considered that as "ancient history," didn't you?

Ya just don't realize how old we really are!
Joe McCarthy's campaign against communist was over 50 years ago and yet Liberals never hesitate to bring him up.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:42 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,651,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
It's probably generational more than anything else. I would doubt that very many people under age 50 or so even know who Jane Fonda is.
I'm 42 and my dad served on the flight deck of a carrier in Vietnam and an uncle and two co-workers served in the Marines in Vietnam. I served in the Navy in Desert Storm. I left the service when my shoulder injury caused me to fail the fitness test. My dad left the navy early when he was blinded in one eye. He recently died of lung cancer related to what he was exposed to in the Navy.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:45 PM

17,029 posts, read 31,068,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The whole "Hanoi Jane" thing has been long forgotten by people with half a brain and a life.
Not so much for those of us that were around then. We also know Cassius Clay didn't serve. I will not honor either of them.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:46 PM

13,639 posts, read 21,486,447 times
Protesting your government is patriotism, taking a photo with those at war with your country that they then use as propaganda against your country is treason.

I can't understand how anybody could defend her actions..........

Old 02-01-2012, 03:56 PM

26,210 posts, read 19,638,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Not so much for those of us that were around then. We also know Cassius Clay didn't serve. I will not honor either of them.
Cassius Clay "served", he stood up for his convictions and was not allowed to box, for one thing. For another, I believe he served jail time.

"No VC ever called me a ******", gotta respect that.

Old 02-01-2012, 04:15 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,293,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Bill View Post
Been on the net long? If so, you should know by now that the definition copy/paste thing is considered pretty silly.
Only when it makes someone else look like a fool.

You're not going to last long here with an attitude like that sonny.

Old 02-01-2012, 05:18 PM

8,650 posts, read 17,304,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I know this has been beaten like the dead dog she is, but when I hear Hanoi Jane is to be honored by the president as one of the Top 100 Greatest Women of teh Century, my blood boils...

I just have to share --- rant ---cry!!
I'd say most Veterans have not forgotten ..... And obama is an idiot... Do you have a link to this?....If it's true I'll be talking to my Congressmans office....

Old 02-01-2012, 05:37 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,479,962 times
Lightbulb Has Hanoi Jane been forgotten?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I know this has been beaten like the dead dog she is, but when I hear Hanoi Jane is to be honored by the president as one of the Top 100 Greatest Women of teh Century, my blood boils...

I just have to share --- rant ---cry!!
Look...

I was in the Marine Corps during Nam, even though I wasn't sent over. I recall the Hanoi Jane incident very clearly. And even though I have no warmth for her as a result of that, I no longer bear her any ill will, either.

And that part about "honored by the president" is totally untrue.

Old 02-01-2012, 06:11 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,293,341 times
Guess who is in the Top 10 Greatest American Traitors list?

You got it...........

Top 10 Traitors in US*History

Look at the smile on the ******* face....

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies