Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 10:41 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,624,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Only if you operate in absolutes and detest perspective/details. Is it unusual for an increase in such applications in the first few weeks in January?
No, just as it's not unusual to see an increase in hiring in November and December.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2012, 10:43 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,517,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
With that said, if it does not the real question becomes will Romney be able to convince the country that he is the right person to improve the economy despite his appetite for layoffs
His appetite for layoffs that make companies profitable for shareholders who are able to invest or spend the money they make, creating more jobs.

His appetite for layoffs that make companies profitable and allow them to hire more employees.

Old 01-12-2012, 10:45 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,311,130 times
Quote:
Well, the rhetoric in one's postings stick with the poster. It is not surprising that you were offended by it. Guilt is a part of the process. If this is merely a perception on others' part, it might take (at least) a post or two of positivity or at least the desire to appreciate something in the right direction even when politically inconvenient. Until then, you're stuck with it.
You mean like you celebrating how wonderful Obamas programs were and denying that it was Christmas taking place?

Is it guilt, or stupidity?

Old 01-12-2012, 10:47 AM

24,813 posts, read 24,473,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You want to tell me who was celebrating because you did ask me what I call someone who was..

Either you accused me of doing it, or you were just trolling because in order for me to answer that question, you'd have to provide an example of someone celebrating. I wont make the mistake again by assuming you had something of substance to say.
Look I feel the exact same way that you did. I saw those numbers while at home and thought "Well duh, they are hiring for the season".

But just because someone else is deceiving people doesn't give anyone else the right to do it.

Old 01-12-2012, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Look I feel the exact same way that you did. I saw those numbers while at home and thought "Well duh, they are hiring for the season".

But just because someone else is deceiving people doesn't give anyone else the right to do it.
Where have I been deceptive? I simply posted the figure and stated it was holiday hiring.

Old 01-12-2012, 10:49 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,918,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
No, just as it's not unusual to see an increase in hiring in November and December.
Correct. It is only a matter of time when one deals with such crap that uses absolutes instead of facts. For that reason, I had posted this, not too long ago:

Quote:
I'm aware of this issue for well over a decade now. How long has it been for you?

Well, considering that this is the best November to December increase in private sector job growth in over a decade, the incompetent would be those not realizing that fact. But they sure like to point at others.

Reality check... Private job growth, Nov to Dec going back to 2001 (best and worst, in bold):
2001: -207K
2002: -163K

2003: +113K
2004: +131K
2005: +138K
2006: +175K
2007: +38K

2008: -636K
2009: -102K

2010: +167K
2011: +212K

But then, you've very good reasons to hate any positive signs. You love politics more than you love the economic stability and welfare of this country.
So, you're correct. It is not unusual to see an increase in December. After all, we saw an increase in private payroll in seven out of eleven years in the data above. But as you should be able to tell, such generalizations can lead to misleading opinions as it would be ignoring four of those eleven years when there was a decline. And that was one of the points, along with the size of growth or decline as well. It is why I dislike an absolutist's approach.

Old 01-12-2012, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Where have I been deceptive? I simply posted the figure and stated it was holiday hiring.
You didn't tell the whole story.

As I said before "There is a fire in the house...." is a lot different then ".....in the fireplace"

Old 01-12-2012, 10:55 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,918,940 times
Quote:
You mean like you celebrating how wonderful Obamas programs were and denying that it was Christmas taking place?

Is it guilt, or stupidity?
And you wonder why people call your ideas out.

Old 01-12-2012, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
You didn't tell the whole story.

As I said before "There is a fire in the house...." is a lot different then ".....in the fireplace"
I posted the FIGURES.. Do you really need me to tell you Christmas is over? My 8 year old could have told you that
Quote:
And you wonder why people call your ideas out.
I dont care if you want to live in denial, thats your choice.. but dont expect me to join.

Old 01-12-2012, 11:02 AM

Quote:
I posted the FIGURES.. Do you really need me to tell you Christmas is over? My 8 year old could have told you that

I dont care if you want to live in denial, thats your choice.. but dont expect me to join.
So what you are saying is that because Democrats told a partial truth in December, you're going to tell a partial truth now.

If playing such childish games is what floats your boat I guess....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies