Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2012, 08:52 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,171,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
For the past year or two, it's been lefties who keep bringing it up.
Who knew that Joe Farah and Jerome Corsi were lefties?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2012, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawena View Post
Why would Texas ever want to join the Union Of the United States? Hawaii was done so by force.
The Hawaiian monarchy was also establish by force and also by Western arms and support... a mere 84 years prior.

So... your point is what exactly?

Old 01-02-2012, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawena View Post
I really don't care about where he was born the fact of the matter is that Hawaii has been over thrown by the US of A, and according to all the US's laws international laws it was done so illegally.
By that standard, the Kingdom of Hawaii itself was also established illegally.

Your argument here is so historically naive that it takes all breath away.

Old 01-02-2012, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
If that is the case; foreign governments can buy our secrets and our military might. Any government, with enough funds, can buy or build corporations on American soil and funnel money into buying the candidate of their choice.
That is the case even if this were not true. You are not doing a very good job of connecting the dots. In fact, you're not doing a very good job of providing dots.

The vetting of candidates for President has always been in the hands of the electorate. That's where the Framers and Founders put it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye
Is that why we go to war with some countries, sell arms to some countries and turn a blind eye to others? Perhaps our American government has not been an American government for a long time.
Then I suggest you vote differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye
I would hope that we have some background check besides public scrutiny.
There is no better background check than the scrutiny of some 13 million Americans. Even if you assigned responsibility to some "star chamber" to dig up dirt, would you trust a small extra-constitutional body of people who hold who-knows-what agenda to usurp our right to choose our leadership?

It sounds to me like you are suggesting we replace our constitutional republic with some sort of undefined oligarchy or politburo.

I'm uncomfortable with such a suggestion. But that's just me.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:05 AM

1,729 posts, read 1,548,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
By that standard, the Kingdom of Hawaii itself was also established illegally.

Your argument here is so historically naive that it takes all breath away.
illegally? by whom?

please educate me....

Old 01-02-2012, 11:11 AM

Quote:
The Hawaiian monarchy was also establish by force and also by Western arms and support... a mere 84 years prior.

So... your point is what exactly?
point.... I don't know or pretend to know how Texas became part of the US.

point.... the Hawaiian Monarchy was forced into being a part of the US

Please enlighten me on just how the Hawaiian Monarchy was established by force?

Western arms..... Hmm..

Mahalo

Old 01-02-2012, 11:16 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,090,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Maybe comprehending what you read will help. But probably not.

The wise man rejects what he thinks, not what he sees.

The fool rejects what he sees, not what he thinks.

Zen proverb

Seriously?

A non sequitur, an ad hominem, an allusion to feigned wisdom, and no response.
Sorry, it seems you have no brilliance with which to dazzle and I am not even slightly baffled by your BS.

Try again. Actually reading the article without trying to read in whatever you want to believe might help.

Last edited by Joe_Ryder; 01-02-2012 at 11:25 AM..

Old 01-02-2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
No. What is legal is defined by the law.

Who is Leon Siu, and why do you imagine he speaks authoritatively on the issue of Hawaiian political status?
Defined by law?? Oh yes laws ask Bush about all the laws he broke while in office. Tell me about laws.
United States Violates International Law

In violation of treaties entered between the Hawaiian Kingdom and the United States of America and basic principles of international law, the United States Minister Stevens extended de facto recognition to the provisional government, that was formed by the traitors, without the consent of the Government of the Hawaiian Kingdom, while United States Naval forces secured themselves across the Government building. 4 Thereafter, all Government employees of the Kingdom were forced to sign oaths of allegiance to the provisional government or risk termination of their employment, as American troops fortified their position

Leon Siu Is an hawaiian National living under the Kingdom of Hawaii's laws.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:30 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,090,463 times
Quote:
Who knew that Joe Farah and Jerome Corsi were lefties?

Missed a couple pages of the thread, eh?
I don't know what their user names on this forum are so perhaps you'd care to share so that I too can read their posts?

Old 01-02-2012, 11:48 AM

26,576 posts, read 14,583,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
I don't know what their user names on this forum are so perhaps you'd care to share so that I too can read their posts?
i have no idea whether or not farah and corsi post on this forum under aliases but if you're looking for posters from the right side of the political spectrum that have started birther threads in the past two years ( other than dragging canoe and steve mcgarrett ) i offer you these names:

chicagonut
rick roma
roysoldboy
oddball84
all american NYC
miborn
drob4jc
brian.pearson
truegritt
crossfire600
high cotton
sanrene
bentbow
guyntexas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies