Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2012, 01:08 PM

26,576 posts, read 14,589,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
For the past year or two, it's been lefties who keep bringing it up.
i think sheriff joe arpaio, joseph farah, jerome corsi, orly taitz, rick perry, susan delemus, donald trump and harry accornero ( to name a few ) would beg to differ.

Last edited by wrecking ball; 01-01-2012 at 01:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2012, 01:23 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,091,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i think sheriff joe arpaio, joseph farah, jerome corsi, orly taitz, rick perry, susan delemus, donald trump and harry accornero ( to name a few ) would beg to differ.
You should be very afraid then as those you listed have such enormous influence. Hell, one of them has his own TV show! Do any of these people post here?

Old 01-01-2012, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Do any of these people post here?
not to my knowledge. but your contention was that only the left have brought up this issue over the past two years. a simple search of WND for "birther" and "eligibility" will show that to be incorrect.

or were you just talking about this site? if that's the case then a quick glance at a search for "birther" shows about a 50/50 split for threads started by pro/anti birthers.

Old 01-01-2012, 03:32 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,091,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
not to my knowledge. but your contention was that only the left have brought up this issue over the past two years. a simple search of WND for "birther" and "eligibility" will show that to be incorrect.

or were you just talking about this site? if that's the case then a quick glance at a search for "birther" shows about a 50/50 split for threads started by pro/anti birthers.
I hope you're aware that 2 people continually posting the same thing over and over still only counts as two. The left and right have each have their fair share of one-trick-ponies but the left certainly has the edge. Generally speaking when someone is obsessed by something, it's either because they like it a lot or they fear it. It seems the left has more than it's share of irrational fear demons to contend with.
Since the birther issue has been pretty much dead in the press (I don't watch TV so can't really comment on what goes on in TV land.), wouldn't it be safe to assume I was discussing posters on this forum?

Old 01-01-2012, 04:11 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,393,824 times
My biggest problem with this debate is that it never should have been a debate. I like to think of our presidents as having the highest security clearance. They do have the button to launch the extinction of mankind - or close to it. Any questions of eligibility or integrity should be resolved before the candidate even gets on the ballot.

I would like to think that somebody is checking credentials. I would also like to think that somebody is doing background checks - especially as our candidates go for the number one job in America.

I would actually like to hear what screening processes we use on our presidential candidates. I hope that it is not just about money and popularity. The only thing that really bothers me is that I can’t recall candidates that were turned down because we thought they were a security risk.

Old 01-01-2012, 05:59 PM

1,729 posts, read 1,549,080 times
Default you can have your break anytime you want...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
And Texas was once a part of Mexico. Gimme a break!
Why would Texas ever want to join the Union Of the United States? Hawaii was done so by force.

U.S. Overthrow of the Hawaiian Kingdom Government - YouTube

Old 01-01-2012, 07:03 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,515,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawena View Post
Why would Texas ever want to join the Union Of the United States? Hawaii was done so by force.

U.S. Overthrow of the Hawaiian Kingdom Government - YouTube
The fact of the matter is, it's a done deal. You can hardly say Obama is not a NBC b/c of that!

Old 01-01-2012, 08:20 PM

1,729 posts, read 1,549,080 times
Why rebuild Iraq? that was a done deal.. why did Clinton apologize for the overthrow? if it was a done deal? Another done deal was the US Japanese interned during the war..
After America was attacked by Japan at Pearl Harbor, President Franklin Roosevelt issued Executive Order 9066 consigning 120,000 people of Japanese ancestry to internment camps. Fred Korematsu challenged the internment all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court. In "Korematsu v. United States" (1944), the Court sided with the government.

In 1988, Congress passed and President Ronald Reagan signed legislation which apologized for the internment on behalf of the U.S. government. The legislation said that government actions were based on "race prejudice, war hysteria, and a failure of political leadership". The U.S. government eventually disbursed more than $1.6 billion in reparations to Japanese Americans.

Old 01-01-2012, 09:20 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,515,842 times
None of the above means Obama is not a NBC. You are really reaching. This is a new one on me, and I've been on a lot of birther threads.

Old 01-01-2012, 11:19 PM

Quote:
I hope you're aware that 2 people continually posting the same thing over and over still only counts as two.
yep, dragging canoe and steve mcgarrett. but even if you remove all the birther threads started by them (him?) you're still left with a couple dozen threads from the past two years started by posters that are pro-birther.

Quote:
Since the birther issue has been pretty much dead in the press.....
not so. arpaio's birther investigation announcement received national attention as did the recent new hampshire fiasco, the 9th circuit court dismissal plus the statements of donald trump, rick perry and matt romney ( which i agree was just an ill timed joke that is being blown way out of proportion ).

then you have the perpetual WND articles

Is Obama constitutionally eligible to serve?

and the fact that jerome corsi's book "where's the real birth certificate?" was on the NYtimes best seller list ( altho i question exactly how many books were really sold ).

so to claim that
Quote:
The "Birther" movement only still lives in the left's imagination.
is simply false.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies